21 - Frenkie de Jong

Givenchy

I'd rather pay 120mil for De Jong than Rabiot for free. Frankie looks born to play for Barca and Rabiot looks born to play for a United type Mourinho team. he has an entitled attitude aswell, do. not. want.

we can mold Frankie into the perfect Busi replacement.

Joan

Rabiot is a versatile midfielder with experience of playing as a DM and a CM. He'd fill the gap well if needed. On the other hand, there's noone to rest/replace Suarez and more importantly - Pique. It's only logical that the club with limited resources wants to deal with bigger issues first. De Ligt/someone else + Rabiot. I'm fine with that. Changes in attacking line will most likely depend on Dembele (and Malcom).

serghei

How do you know City won't offer huge salary for FDJ? if they are ready to throw 70M (which is beyond his market value) on a player they are surely ready to pay him and his agent big money too.
It can't be FDJ or bust, BBZ has correctly pointed out this this seem to be more and more like Dembele situation, we wanted him cheap, failed, still wanted him expensive, failed, but we were hellbent on getting him so gave BVB everything they wanted. What happened next? Player struggle, and he is expensive player, so media start asking question, so more pressure on the kid and it keeps going.
There is a limit you should have when signing players from lower level leagues. If we didn't match City offer it doesn't mean we are wrong

City's main pulling power is not money, it's Guardiola. Our main weakness is Valverde. Who would you want to play under as a young up and coming player, fecking Guardiola or Ernie? It basically comes down to the prestige of playing for FC Barcelona, or the benefits of being coached by the best manager in the world.

Money won't be the deciding factor in this imo. If the managers would be reversed he'd be as good as signed for us no matter how much money City have.

Last edited:

jamrock

City's main pulling power is not money, it's Guardiola. Our main weakness is Valverde. Who would you want to play under as a young up and coming player, fecking Guardiola or Ernie? It basically comes down to the prestige of playing for FC Barcelona, or the benefits of being coached by the best manager in the world.

Money won't be the deciding factor in this imo. If the managers would be reversed he'd be as good as signed for us no matter how much money City have.

Truth

Joan

Maybe. If it only depended on the player. Ajax and De Jong's agents will push him into signing with the club offering more. Ajax doesn't care who'll be his coach in the future. The last sentence simply can't stand. Why would they accept a lower offer only to sell fast?

Givenchy

I don't think EV is a problem YET. most people outside of Barca fanbase are seeing him still as a decent manager

all we have to do is match Citys offer in any case and he'll be a Barca player. Manchester is shit compared to Barcelona, were lucky City aren't based in London. once Pep leaves, they won't have anywhere near the pull thankfully.

we could chase after average workhorses like Rabiot and continue this descent into shitonastick football or atleast take a risk and attempt a return to our philosphy in Frankie

Last edited:

Ursegor

World Champion
No one cares about playing under Pep except miserable Barca fans spending 24/7 of their time bitching and grieving about past glories on an online forum. When the wife of a pro footballer says: "I want to go shopping in London rather than Manchester", that makes a bigger difference than Pep giving ADHD speeches in the locker room.

George_Costanza

No one cares about playing under Pep except miserable Barca fans spending 24/7 of their time bitching and grieving about past glories on an online forum. When the wife of a pro footballer says: "I want to go shopping in London rather than Manchester", that makes a bigger difference than Pep giving ADHD speeches in the locker room.

Why would a 21 yo player care about shopping? He isn't getting married anytime soon I assume. A player at his age would like to play under a manager who go out of his way to be helpful and care more about the player's success than holding lofty expectations. Manager who really want young players to succeed and support them in the process. ADHD speech over Prada sneakers anyday.

tacticvarium

I wish the club's main focus is on signing a young talented CB and #9 for the summer rather than DJ or Rabiot.
No reason to be obsessed with these two since there are more urgent positions that need reinforcements.

Last edited:

henias

Back again with your loony ramblings i see. Calling people miserable eh? How long have you kept girly pent up outrage to yourself? Quality posts everytime u come here. Looks like this forum is your personal journal to come here and show how frustrated you are. Instead of calling people, how about you start by not looking like a pathetic insecure little girl.

Ursegor

World Champion
Back again with your loony ramblings i see. Calling people miserable eh? How long have you kept girly pent up outrage to yourself? Quality posts everytime u come here. Looks like this forum is your personal journal to come here and show how frustrated you are. Instead of calling people, how about you start by not looking like a pathetic insecure little girl.

How can I be frustrated? It's the opposite. I have everything in life (beautiful wife, education, money). That's why I can take bad Barca games and losses and generally everything around football with a smile. 5 minutes after the final whistle I already have other things to do, my life doesn't get miserable if Betis or Roma beat Barca or Ronaldo wins the Ballon d'Or over Messi. It's a game after all and I have nothing invested in it. Unlike you, it seems.

You mistake my amusement about people like you raging on an Internet forum game after game as if your life depended on it with frustration. That's funny. But tell me - at which point did I rustle your jimmies so hard that I always get a reaction out of you with the few posts that I make? I must have triggered you at some point. When did this happen exactly? I didn't mention anyone personally yet you feel adressed by my last post. Maybe think about that one.

henias

How can I be frustrated? It's the opposite. I have everything in life (beautiful wife, education, money). That's why I can take bad Barca games and losses and generally everything around football with a smile. 5 minutes after the final whistle I already have other things to do, my life doesn't get miserable if Betis or Roma beat Barca or Ronaldo wins the Ballon d'Or over Messi. It's a game after all and I have nothing invested in it. Unlike you, it seems.

You mistake my amusement about people like you raging on an Internet forum game after game as if your life depended on it with frustration. That's funny. But tell me - at which point did I rustle your jimmies so hard that I always get a reaction out of you with the few posts that I make? I must have triggered you at some point. When did this happen exactly? I didn't mention anyone personally yet you feel adressed by my last post. Maybe think about that one.

People didnt get upset after one result, because their whole point wasnt about results alone. So when results turn bad it will be used against people like you, who seemed results mean everything.

You didnt rustle my jimmies, I already said you a special breed who makes this kind of posts everytime u come here. Only time I mentioned you is when someone bumped you and here u are again, rambling about Pep again. Maybe you should ask yourself if the users here shake you up so bad that you have piss all over this forum with your nonsense. U think I raged after that on game and waited for months so I can make a post to prove my point? Haha. You're terribly wrong. The very same logic to use a few results to justify your point came from people like you. So to be used it against you, dont complain. You had it coming.

khaled_a_d

There is no such thing as "market value" after Neymar. Would not surprise me one bit if Citeh dished out 100 mil for him.

70m isnot beyond his market value. I would be surprised if he goes for less to be honest.
Will probably be more..

The most expensive players from Eredivisie (a terrible league btw) was worth 48M which happened after Neymar deal btw, you can't say that paying 146% of that is just normal and not beyond his value. Almost twice as Arthur who was same level of talent when he was signed.

There is a huge risk in that, FDJ is a good talent but he is far from a risk free, it is normal if the club cave out to the price. Dembele lesson should be learned.

Especially for a team that needs reinforcement in other positions, that 70M for FDJ would compromise those

De jong isnt the mental midget Dembele is. He is a hardworking, smart level headed guy. Same for de Ligt imo.
Only question is if they will live up to their potential.

When Hleb was signed, fans were happy, he is talented, from a team that plays a football very close to us at that time. He failed and fans proven wrong.
Then we signed Ibra, most fans were like "he can't fail, he is best striker in the world right now. he isn't Hleb". He failed.
When we went for Cesc, he isn't Ibra, he doesn't have ego, he has Barca DNA, he has played with Spain, only reservation on whether he is worth it with Thiago here or not. yet he failed
When we went for Arda, many said he is versatile, he is worriers, he has liga experience and he runs a lot. the level of his failure was beyond anyone imagination.
Then comes Gomes, and proves many fans wrong again.
Then comes Dembele, whom almost no one had a reservation against him, whom I had prolonged argument with those who thought that we should get him at any price, because no player is worth "at any price" unless he is next Messi or something and Dembele isn't that one.

You see, there are dozens of reasons for a player to fail, just because a player doesn't check same reason that another previous player share doesn't mean he is sure thing.
And truth is, player's price in this club is an extra pressure on any young player, media and fans are unforgiven and will ask for results in day one. This can get to any young player head and you can't just say FDJ is prepared for this. No one is prepared for this until he faces it.

Money could be the only factor in this transfer, you are living in lalal land if you think otherwise.
City can afford paying 70M for couple of young players every year, we don't.
Ajax will push FDJ exactly where they want, and his agent will likely help them to do so because as I previously explained bigger transfer deal = more money in player and agent pocket.
Players at those clubs has almost zero say in where they go, if you reach a deal with Ajax you get him, if you don't forget about him. It is that simple.

But let's assume you are right and I am wrong, it isn't about money.
If he stupid enough to trap the rest of his career for 2 years of Pep, what can we do then? You know even if we sacked EV we won't get a coach as attractive as Pep. Right now no coach is as attractive as Pep anyway
why the hate for Rabiot then if he is ready to play for us anyway and we won't pay transfer fee on it?

More importantly, what is this discussion about? club tried to get and he prefers somewhere else. move on and stop hating on board for this deal.
IF FDJ decided he wants to join us and pushed for it in a Dembele way and we can get him for 50M or under (which is still a lot btw) then I am all for it.
But if we find City has offered 70+ then this is a whole other discussion in a club with limited resource, with multi needs, with a player of same age and close profile in Arthur,with best upcoming La Masia kids all being midfielders, should we go for auction for FDJ against City? And people are mad we are considering an alternatives like Rabiot and Ndombele?

Last edited:

Andresito

Staff member
When Hleb was signed, fans were happy, he is talented, from a team that plays a football very close to us at that time. He failed and fans proven wrong.
Then we signed Ibra, most fans were like "he can't fail, he is best striker in the world right now. he isn't Hleb". He failed.
When we went for Cesc, he isn't Ibra, he doesn't have ego, he has Barca DNA, he has played with Spain, only reservation on whether he is worth it with Thiago here or not. yet he failed
When we went for Arda, many said he is versatile, he is worriers, he has liga experience and he runs a lot. the level of his failure was beyond anyone imagination.
Then comes Gomes, and proves many fans wrong again.
Then comes Dembele, whom almost no one had a reservation against him, whom I had prolonged argument with those who thought that we should get him at any price, because no player is worth "at any price" unless he is next Messi or something and Dembele isn't that one.

All those players have one thing in common: shit mentality. Some of them are too cocky and some are too weak.

Frenkie doesn't have the diva mentality. The positive thing about that is if he fails at the beginning, he can still overcome it.
I'm sure he's the kind of guy who works harder instead of sulking when things doesn't work out.

Others might start off well but not have the strength to overcome a bad period.

Some never improve from the bad start because they're too weak.

khaled_a_d

All those players have one thing in common: shit mentality. Some of them are too cocky and some are too weak.

Hmmm, this is wrong actually, and except Ibra non has shown that pre-barca.
And I am don't know how you can be sure about FDJ not being same type of guy. You are talking like you know him in person.

Home of Barca Fans