21 - Frenkie de Jong

gasgas

Roberto is also versatile.
He can play as a Rb, Rm, Rw, Cdm, Cm, but he is average on majority of those positions.
De Jong is versatile.
From what I have seen, he can't be a world class Cb since he is physically light.
And he can't be Barca's CAM since he doesn't have an attacking killer instinct like Iniesta/Deco.

So, what is left for Barca:
De Jong as a new Busi.
or De Jong as some sort of a Xavi (which we already have in Arthur).

If you see him as a new Busi, fine, you are right then, imo.
I had an impression that majority here see him as a Cm in a future (Oriol)-De Jong-Arthur trio.

On the other hand, this will crush some fan's dreams, and I can already see some questions:
But if De Jong will be a pivot, what we will do with Oriol, we will ruin his career...

easy

.........oriol
arthur...busquets

dominating the midfield and supplying passes to front three and wingbacks

George_Costanza

Roberto is also versatile.
He can play as a Rb, Rm, Rw, Cdm, Cm, but he is average on majority of those positions.
De Jong is versatile.
From what I have seen, he can't be a world class Cb since he is physically light.
And he can't be Barca's CAM since he doesn't have an attacking killer instinct like Iniesta/Deco.

So, what is left for Barca:
De Jong as a new Busi.
or De Jong as some sort of a Xavi (which we already have in Arthur).

If you see him as a new Busi, fine, you are right then, imo.
I had an impression that majority here see him as a Cm in a future (Oriol)-De Jong-Arthur trio.

On the other hand, this will crush some fan's dreams, and I can already see some questions:
But if De Jong will be a pivot, what we will do with Oriol, we will ruin his career...

Roberto is versatile but he is an average, sometimes above average player nothing more. FDJ is the best talent the Netherlands have produced in many years. Many believe he is this generation's Franz Beckenbauer so can't really compare the two just because S.Roberto is versatile too, what next? You will compare him to Milner just because he is versatile too?

I haven't seen much of Oriol but if he is decent enough to make it to the first team, then he can be FDJ back up in the future. He is only 19 yo.

George_Costanza

easy

.........oriol
arthur...busquets

dominating the midfield and supplying passes to front three and wingbacks

Two DMs :valverde2:

Next time you are in Barcelona, pls give a call to uncle Ernie, he would love to share his anti-football vision over a drink with a fan who supports his backward football. Drinks on him...

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
With all due respect to Sam Lee who seem to be a very good source for Man City, Goal dot com are garbage for Barca, and this is what Man City are thinking and it makes sense.

Financially they can take out everyone, but some players would still prefer to play for certain teams. Jorginho and Alexis are two of those players as he mentioned.

khaled_a_d

We are losing FDJ to City

[tw]1065257035594432512[/tw]

Goal doesn't really have any sources in the news, well except that lady that cover Liverpool IIRC.
Other than that they live in collecting news or recycling them (like this one) or articles, match coverage etc.
Anyway, in November no deal is sure thing, Ajax are too smart to not wait in summer unless there is a crazy offer they can't refuse, also they have a great season so far so I doubt they will start negotiating their best players sale during the season.
Bottom line, people need to relax a bit with all those news.

George_Costanza

Goal doesn't really have any sources in the news, well except that lady that cover Liverpool IIRC.
Other than that they live in collecting news or recycling them (like this one) or articles, match coverage etc.
Anyway, in November no deal is sure thing, Ajax are too smart to not wait in summer unless there is a crazy offer they can't refuse, also they have a great season so far so I doubt they will start negotiating their best players sale during the season.
Bottom line, people need to relax a bit with all those news.

I thought Sam Lee is a good source for Man City related news. Is he not?

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
If not de Jong there's also Ndombele.

The club absolutely have to try and sign de Ligt though IMO.

Devils

I'll believe he wants to go to City when he talks about them the same way he talked about playing for Barca this past summer.

Joan

The club obviously wants to sign him (as we saw this very summer), but it's hard to compete with City. Also questionable whether we should. If they offer more than us, Ajax will push for it.

Home of Barca Fans