21 - Frenkie de Jong

Nothanks

hype on him seems to be so high, i don't think it would be terrible if we miss out on him, certainly don't think its bad if we refuse to pay some 80m+ fee plus agent fees and high salary
young players aren't a guarantee to be success in here

that said hopefully he comes here but for a decent fee.
people also make it seem like Pogba is a nobody and is de Jong is the savior of midfielders, it's very easy to get excited about talent but right now pogba is a better player and relatively young as-well

El Barcelona

it looks like a power move. something to put the ball in our court and drive down the price with ajax. like, 'hey we're not desperate to get dj.' negotiating tactic.

It looks more like a cheaper 'wrong' solution. Another guy with behavior problems and a big ego. Nice one, idiots if true.

George_Costanza

Can someone PLEASE explain to me why we want that clown Rabiot over this absolute gem? He’s everything we could possibly want in a MF, can play as a pivot and interior and had loads more positional and tactical nous than Rabiot...:banghead:

Valverde like them workhorses

workhors.jpg

George_Costanza

De Jong is a workhorse too and much better at that.

According to BBZ professor of workhorse studies at Barcaforum University, workhorse players has to be 182m+ height (absolute minimum), hight muscle density, and greater % of myofibrillar v sarcoplasm.

Sorry FDJ won't make it under professor BBZ strict criteria for the workhorses selection.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Its very unlikely barça can get both De Jong & De Ligt.

Why so? de Jong has said both he and de Ligt want to play together. Barca should really get both. Obviously not for 90m each, but I doubt Ajax will extort us for that much if both want to play for Barca.

He’s getting so hyped now.

Great performances in the CL and against the likes of Germany and France does that.

Nothanks

i don't it's think that we can't afford both of them it's just a matter of should we break the bank

last summer we made a profit, so we didn't use up our budget and could dive into next summers budget to afford both with the sale of paulinho coming in

also if dembele doesn't work i can imagine the board not willing to risk breaking bank on youngsters after a monumental failure in dembele

Jombi

i don't it's think that we can't afford both of them it's just a matter of should we break the bank

last summer we made a profit, so we didn't use up our budget and could dive into next summers budget to afford both with the sale of paulinho coming in

also if dembele doesn't work i can imagine the board not willing to risk breaking bank on youngsters after a monumental failure in dembele

We wouldnt get Arthur either if we didnt want to spend record sums on young players and instead sign Nzonzi or whatever. I hope we continue judging players as individuals and make individual decisions on each player we monitor.

That being said, I doubt we have much to spend next summer and "spending Paulinho money" doesnt seem likely. That money is money we were guaranteed last summer. We've spent enormous sums over the past few years.

Last edited:

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona

It depends.

Dembele had issues before arriving at Barca too when it came to his immaturity and lack of professionalism. De Ligt and De Jong are mature beyond their age and the ultimate professionals pretty much like Arthur.

It's a case-by-case thing. Cannot put every young player in the same basket.

Nothanks

I hear ya but i'm speaking from the boards perspective
if they failed on dembele, i can see them going for a proven talent and big name in Pogba to try and cover it up.

also [MENTION=19793]Jombi[/MENTION] our net spend hasn't been that bad we spent alot on coutinho and dembele but that was the neymar money for the most part

we've been doing better financially with the sales of deulofeu, mina and paulinho proving profits and we'll make some pocket change with denis and rafinha
we have more money than people like to lead on.

Jombi

I hear ya but i'm speaking from the boards perspective
if they failed on dembele, i can see them going for a proven talent and big name in Pogba to try and cover it up.

also [MENTION=19793]Jombi[/MENTION] our net spend hasn't been that bad we spent alot on coutinho and dembele but that was the neymar money for the most part

we've been doing better financially with the sales of deulofeu, mina and paulinho proving profits and we'll make some pocket change with denis and rafinha
we have more money than people like to lead on.

They might also think that its time to stop buying people with attitude issues. Dembele isnt the only one with attitude issues we've had. Arda is one just recently and he was 29. Of course there are others like Ibrahimovic.

I havent gone through all the years, but I think the net spend is pretty bad. Real Madrid have hardly had any net spending in the last 5-6 years.

We are also paying the wages of passengers like Denis, Rafinha, Vermaelen and Samper this season. Wages are a crucial factor here. Since we didnt sell Denis, Samper and Rafinha last summer, thats a big loss. But a factor is that the board might want to buy a superstar that can generate merchandise revenue, no matter what the sporting requirements are. I think Pogba is a big risk. It could easily be another Cesc.

Last edited:

Yannik

relatively invisible so far into the first half. Mainly collecting the ball from deep and passing it back to the center backs. Defensively he hasn't really done any challenge or interceptions from what I saw. De Ligt isn't doing great either, Van Dijk is the only one on the Dutch side that really keeps the scoreline civil.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans