21 - Frenkie de Jong

Messigician

Lmao according to the article 30m euros was the second offer. I wonder how bad the first lowball was. If I were Overmars I would have told De Jong " Look this is how little Barcelona think you're worth, they do not value you as a player sign for someone else"

Donatello

City is our main competitor. de Jong can be an undisputed starter and seamlessly adapt Pep's system.

I expect Valverde to leave after this season, if he fails to win the UCL. And, in case he wins it, De Jong would be even more inclined towards us because of that.

So, Valverde won't be an issue imo.

And, we could also go for Koeman if we want to, De jong and De ligt are already familiar with him and vice versa. Plus he knows tiki taka quite well because of being a former Barca player. But we haven't been linked with him, so that's just a pure speculation.

The only other available option I see is Quique setien & Barca B manager, who I don't think is ready for the A team yet.

Last edited:

wisconsincule

Would be a shame if we missed him and he went to city. I have a good feeling that he’ll sign with us if we offer enough to Ajax.

George_Costanza

Would be a shame if we missed him and he went to city. I have a good feeling that he’ll sign with us if we offer enough to Ajax.

The club spent more than 200m the past 2 seasons on bench players (Dembele, Malcom, and Vidal), surely they can spare 120m+ for both FDJ and De Ligt to assemble the most expensive bench warmers in the history of any sport.

:valverde2::bartomeu:

raskolnikov

Daily mirror = joke allrhough City is the best place for him to go. In an ideal world we would get Pep back and sign a de ligt/de jong combo to rule the world again.

raki

Like De Ligt we have to strike a deal right now with Ajax. We cannot wait for the summer.

De Ligt is the #1 priority , in my view.

Both for 150M. Ii guess Ajax would agree.

Sell Alcacer - 28M
Gomes - 30M
Denis Suarez- 20M
Rafinha - 30M

raskolnikov

Like De Ligt we have to strike a deal right now with Ajax. We cannot wait for the summer.

De Ligt is the #1 priority , in my view.

Both for 150M. Ii guess Ajax would agree.

Sell Alcacer - 28M
Gomes - 30M
Denis Suarez- 20M
Rafinha - 30M
We dont have a competent board though. It would be smart to sell Rakitic as well in the summer as well imo.

Jombi

We dont have a competent board though. It would be smart to sell Rakitic as well in the summer as well imo.

We're just likely to get pocket change for Rakitic since he's 31 years old. And since we still pay Rafinha, Denis and Samper, we have less money to spend next summer. Samper's contract is up in the summer, and Rafinha and Denis have a year left on their contract next summer as well. We will get pocket change for those, if anything.

Home of Barca Fans