21 - Frenkie de Jong

Gilberto

Uncharacteristicly sloppy in possession in De Klassieker against Feyenoord today. Could be that he was nervous (game of the year in the Dutch league) or just had a general off day. He seemed to play seemingly easy passes in a terrible way like he lacked focus or something.

Last edited:

FCBfan22

Barcelona could make a move for Frenkie de Jong if Denis Suárez, André Gomes or Aleix Vidal decides to leave the club. [md]

Ship 2 of them and get De Jong and Arthur.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
If? Ship them all out.

Although Vidal could be decent for depth, add numbers.

George_Costanza

Screen_Shot_2018-05-09_at_2.46.28_AM.png

tacticvarium

[tw]994148516762148864[/tw]

Frenkie de Jong (b. 1997) vs. Fabián Ruiz (b. 1996) vs. Dani Ceballos (b. 1996)

The former two are currently highly favoured by the club.
Who would you guys rate as the best talent among the three?
They all seem to have similar playing styles but Thiago and Isco looked much more promising at their age imo.

xXKonan

Honestly Ceballos is different from those two style wise.

Problem with De Jong is he's talented but he's playing in the Eredivisie which is known for having a lot of players who showed a lot potential there only to be duds after moving. Fabian Ruiz has been a revelation for Betis this season but I'm still not sure either.

Trafalgar

[tw]994148516762148864[/tw]

Frenkie de Jong (b. 1997) vs. Fabián Ruiz (b. 1996) vs. Dani Ceballos (b. 1996)

The former two are currently highly favoured by the club.
Who would you guys rate as the best talent among the three?
They all seem to have similar playing styles but Thiago and Isco looked much more promising at their age imo.

Ceballos favoured by the club? did I miss an episode?

tacticvarium

Honestly Ceballos is different from those two style wise.

Problem with De Jong is he's talented but he's playing in the Eredivisie which is known for having a lot of players who showed a lot potential there only to be duds after moving. Fabian Ruiz has been a revelation for Betis this season but I'm still not sure either.

I agree. They look good but I personally have doubts if they are talented enough to be considered as a possible signing at this point.
They might end up as Denis 2.0 and I would rather give more playing times to Aleñá for the next two years instead of signing them this or next summer. We will already have two young midfielders and what we really need right now is more established midfielder. I don't think it would be a bad business even if we sign them after about 2 years when they manage to prove that they are worth the money. But I still like what I saw from Ruiz. Hope he keeps improving.

MTL_Barca

Haven't really seen much of him but looks quite promising. CM/DM/CB is also a very interesting profile, love flexible players like that. Would be great if he can cover Busquets position in a 4-3-3 because we still don't have a proper replacement for him, unless Oriol can make it but even then De Jong wouldnt be in his way. Alena is also more of an AM type so if anything he should take Denis spot.

xXKonan

DeeqVQTW0AAS0FE.jpg

Says Frankie would like to come to Barcelona and while the club would like to have him next year they could also move for him in this summer but Marc Overmars stands in the way as they want to keep for one more year at Ajax.

Home of Barca Fans