21 - Frenkie de Jong

messi2140

6racies Xavi
Yah thats seems to be their main lineup so far in midfield: Frenkie-Schöne-Ziyech.

Neres upfront is injured though and Labyad wasnt that impressive from the minutes he got , so their might be some shifting to do upfront with maybe Van Beek playing midfield while Ziyech gets moved RW and Tadic LW .So its most likely that Frenkie will start in midfield barring any injuries.

Last edited:

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
Yeah, the last 2-3 games I've watched he has been playing in midfield as LCM in a sort of Iniesta/Modric looking role, so not even as a CDM. Dynamo Kiev might be tough for them but I really can't tell, it's hard to gauge the difference in quality between all the lower leagues.

They have to try to seal the deal as much as possible tomorrow because the 2nd leg is away. I'll be disappointed if Ajax don't qualify and De Jong/De Ligt can't get CL experience.

Sultan

Nosce te ipsum
Yeah, the last 2-3 games I've watched he has been playing in midfield as LCM in a sort of Iniesta/Modric looking role, so not even as a CDM. Dynamo Kiev might be tough for them but I really can't tell, it's hard to gauge the difference in quality between all the lower leagues.

They have to try to seal the deal as much as possible tomorrow because the 2nd leg is away. I'll be disappointed if Ajax don't qualify and De Jong/De Ligt can't get CL experience.

Yeah the best scenario would be for us to seal the deal now, Ajax to qualify for the UCL and he stays there for this season.

Hopefully we'll also build a better relationship with them in case we come back for De Ligt in the future.

BarçaBarça

We need to lock him down and let him play at Ajax for a year. Overmars needs to STFU and stop trying to be a populist hero. And we need to show Ajax that we are Barca and Frenkie De Jong is a future Barca player, whether they like it or not.

Last thing we need is for Ajax to hate us as well. We have enough sworn enemies already with half of PL, Santos, P$G and maybe Dortmund after Dembele.
Meanwhile Real are BFF's with both Juve and Bayern, and on neutral terms with P$G - the main club to attract top La Liga players away from Spain.
If we start losing out on our historic allies like Dortmund due to Dembele and Ajax due to De Jong/De Ligt our future options in the market looks bad.

Kul_z

Last thing we need is for Ajax to hate us as well. We have enough sworn enemies already with half of PL, Santos, P$G and maybe Dortmund after Dembele.
Meanwhile Real are BFF's with both Juve and Bayern, and on neutral terms with P$G - the main club to attract top La Liga players away from Spain.
If we start losing out on our historic allies like Dortmund due to Dembele and Ajax due to De Jong/De Ligt our future options in the market looks bad.

Whats to hate about us? We give our players for nothing, and we bought dembele for 120m. Ajax is like barca's sister, and i think almost every ajax youth player dreams playing in barca because of the obvious connections via cruyff. And if we want to buy some of their players for 50m that sounds like a good deal for both sides. We have good connections with bayern also, thiago - vidal, both went for reasonable price. Only butthurt fucks are roma and liverpool, liverpool for suarez and coutinho but its not like we didnt pay them or tricked them. Psg can fuck off straight away, nobody likes them. With chelsea we have love hate relationship because of the 2008/09 but clearly there is mutual respect. But all in all, they can all fuck off, and they all want to fuck us badly because of the smashing we produced in guardiola era, they're all butthurt.

BarçaBarça

Whats to hate about us? We give our players for nothing, and we bought dembele for 120m. Ajax is like barca's sister, and i think almost every ajax youth player dreams playing in barca because of the obvious connections via cruyff. And if we want to buy some of their players for 50m that sounds like a good deal for both sides. We have good connections with bayern also, thiago - vidal, both went for reasonable price. Only butthurt fucks are roma and liverpool, liverpool for suarez and coutinho but its not like we didnt pay them or tricked them. Psg can fuck off straight away, nobody likes them. With chelsea we have love hate relationship because of the 2008/09 but clearly there is mutual respect. But all in all, they can all fuck off, and they all want to fuck us badly because of the smashing we produced in guardiola era, they're all butthurt.

To me it's not that simple: Good relations gives a huuuge advantage in this f***** up market. PSG can trigger all of our players buyouts all at once every summer and offer double wages - how much fun is that? I hate them because of Neymar, but our own behaviour with Thiago Silva, Marquinhos and Verratti has been facepalm-worthy.

Yes, Ajax-players wants to come to Barca, and therefore we need a good relationship with them. If we can trust that they listen when we knock on the door, there is no problem with De Jong staying 1 more season without a formal agreement between the clubs - that is the benefits from a good relationship. If we get the reputation of making every target rebellious against their owner, we will lose some goodwill. Other countries don't have buyouts, so we depend on negations every time.

khaled_a_d

To me it's not that simple: Good relations gives a huuuge advantage in this f***** up market. PSG can trigger all of our players buyouts all at once every summer and offer double wages - how much fun is that? I hate them because of Neymar, but our own behaviour with Thiago Silva, Marquinhos and Verratti has been facepalm-worthy.

Yes, Ajax-players wants to come to Barca, and therefore we need a good relationship with them. If we can trust that they listen when we knock on the door, there is no problem with De Jong staying 1 more season without a formal agreement between the clubs - that is the benefits from a good relationship. If we get the reputation of making every target rebellious against their owner, we will lose some goodwill. Other countries don't have buyouts, so we depend on negations every time.

Ajax has taken a player that was announced to join us from our hands, got a couple of youth players from us, rejected many offers from us for FDJ and only relation we had with them was getting Jasper for a fee that made him a top 10 expensive GK in the world at that time. I am not sure what good relations we have with them that people keep talking about, it seems to go one way and judging bu their other deals it is their way in the market.
Good relations won't make a difference, Ajax isn't doing us any favor nor they will punish us, the one with highest, overpriced offer will get their player, unless that player has a smart dad and agent that tells him not to renew and get the hell out asap.

Never mind that we have almost no Dutch connections this days anyway.
And our relation with Bayern is good, our relation with most Spanish clubs is even better than RM, other than Santos who want to get us more money and BVB I don't think we have a bad relation with any club
Even PSG weren't against selling us ADM but we couldn't agree on price, Abidal is a personal friend of Nasser.
And PSG can't trigger our players buyout for fun, this summer has showed that with almost no big signings as they are careful with their FFP situation, they are playing with fire atm and overpaying for players buyouts won't work well for them

Last edited:

FC433

We need to have a good relationship with them, but they do not have to have a good relationship with us. It is just one way, unfortunately, because we need them more than they need us. They do not need our players and they cannot afford them most of the time anyway.

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
He was everywhere defensively today, at least 8 or 9 times winning back possession - and that's only what I noticed. Offensively not as good today, a couple spells at the beginning of both halves where he was sloppy with the ball in questionable situations.

Even then his overall play was smooth and impactful for Ajax through the game. Big involvement in the buildup to Tadic's goal, should've had a nice pre-assist in a chance where Huntelaar hit the crossbar, couple of nice creative plays.

I'm becoming more and more confident in his defense. He shows a lot of awareness and good positioning, plus his footwork for tackling players is nice when he pressures them.

Gnidrologist

Yes, and not only for his development. Since the hype around him developed here i started to watch more Ajax and the current team of theirs is really nice to watch. Would love to see them in CL and even get further than usual though that would certainly propel the price tag. Long time since Ajax was actually looking like decently competitive team.

Home of Barca Fans