21 - Frenkie de Jong

De Jong is the first player since Xavi and Iniesta who has the amazing power in midfield. Guys its time, its time to win the Champions League after 5 years of embarrassments.

BBZ8800

Just wait until he plays 2 games here...
If Rakitic would be benched because of him (which is uncertain as EV is a "traditional" coach), just wait for the forum reactions and havoc.
I guess BBZ has already been preparing his data against the kid which we may see as EVIDENCE for years to come... :wave:

Lol.
I am only against players with deadly flaws.
Frenkie is fine till now any my No1 pick for midfield, infront of Busi and my beloved Raki.

So, I am not actually hating on everyone.
Just on insanely overrated players (by our forum) who in reality are nowhere near that hyped level.

Regarding Rakitic vs Frenkie, again Frenkie is my first pick.
But it is funny how a forum wants to bench only Raki for Frenkie.

We can play:
Pivot Frenkie, Raki, Arthur
Pivot Busi, Raki, Frenkie
Or forum's favorite: pivot Busi, Frenkie, Arthur paired with another forum's favorite attack Dembele-Griezz-Messi, paired with another forum's favorite Semedo as a Rb.

So, there are 3 spots in midfield.
Frenkie can play instead of Busi, Raki or Arthur, not only instead of Raki.

Also, if Raki will be benched, I won't shit on Frenkie but on Arthur.

Last edited:

Tekkers

Lol.
I am only against players with deadly flaws.
Frenkie is fine till now any my No1 pick for midfield, infront of Busi and my beloved Raki.

So, I am not actually hating on everyone.
Just on insanely overrated players (by our forum) who in reality are nowhere near that hyped level.

Regarding Rakitic vs Frenkie, again Frenkie is my first pick.
But it is funny how a forum wants to bench only Raki for Frenkie.

We can play:
Pivot Frenkie, Raki, Arthur
Pivot Busi, Raki, Frenkie
Or forum's favorite: pivot Busi, Frenkie, Arthur paired with another forum's favorite attack Dembele-Griezz-Messi, paired with another forum's favorite Semedo as a Rb.

So, there are 3 spots in midfield.
Frenkie can play instead of Busi, Raki or Arthur, not only instead of Raki.

rakitic is the one being benched because out of all four midfielders he's the only one with no defined role. we saw it in the away match against liverpool where he offered absolutely nothing

Potroh

I see. This is a fair assessment of your slightly biased agenda.
Okay, you will continue hanging on Arthur's throat and sucking his blood, but what happens if Frankie plays 2-3 mediocre games?
All right, in that case Rakitic becomes THE solution once again, but then it is the devil's vicious-circle again, so you may start from the beginning.

Otherwise I don't know if you were such a good observer, but I personally never ever said anything bad about Rakitic.
Actually I quite like him and consider him to be a very very good footballer. The problem with him is his age now and the fact that he is getting too slow nowadays.

Obviously I have no idea if FDJ will perform on his expected level initially, but he and Arthur represent the future for sure.

xXKonan

Rakitic should no longer be a CM in general.

He wants to sit deep most of the time and often doesn't want to push forward and run into space to help in the Build up. When you see all that you might as well just use him as a DM now instead of as a CM like he used to.

Jcar

It is really surprising to me that Arthur became a "meh" player after Barcelona bought De Jong.

He had a marvelous season, but all is forgotten with a new toy.

But i get it. Guys only want tô see Frenkie playing and know that Arthur is a threat to that.

xXKonan

It is really surprising to me that Arthur became a "meh" player after Barcelona bought De Jong.

But i get it. Guys only want tô see Frenkie playing and know that Arthur is a threat to that.
Nah if anything most guys on here are excited for the chance of an Arthur-FDJ Partnership.

People are worried about is Valverde will insist on shoving Busi-Rakitic into the field while forcing Arthur, FDJ to fight for one spot.

Tackle

Nope.

Arthur is no real threat to De Jong.

Frenkie is twice the player and athlete Arthur is.

Let's also dispel this nonsensical notion that Arthur had a "marvellous" season.

He started playing well and earned himself a place in the starting lineup in around October. He had a good spell of one and a half months or so and then got injured. Vidal proceeded to take his spot for a few months. Arthur regained form and had another one and a half month spell of good form from January into February. After that a string of injuries, him not being match fit and in bad form ended his season. Valverde rightfully benched him and at one point even Alena was ahead of him in the peaking order.

A season is 10 months long. Out of those 10 months Arthur played well for 3 and even in those three months I sincerely do not believe he reached the heights many on here proclaim he did. He showed glimpses of having a bright future and possibly truly establishing himself here in the future. Nothing more, nothing less.

But let's ignore the facts and continue to be daft cunts that scapegoat Valverde for Arthur being fat, out of form and perma-injuired. This same out of form, not fit Arthur should've started in Anfield against Liverpool's high energy team over Vidal because he controls the game despite the fact he came on for the last 20 minutes and did feck all.

xXKonan

Digging into the point about Arthur, if your thoughts include anything that resembles "Valverde knows best" is not a good argument.

Valverde has proven he doesn't know what he was doing and comes off as your standard patsy for the big names in the locker room. Arthur has had a good debut season overall, he had some injuries his form dipped a bit after the international break but overall it was good for someone who just came to Europe.

Arthur was in good shape for Brazil and played the full 90 Minutes in most the game and did well even in defending without the ball. Clearly, that means Arthur is a fat guy according to some random lockerroom stooge.

It amazes me how there are still some people on here who think Valverde's decisions are actually good. His favorite lineup of workhouses got blown out of the water when it mattered which led us to have some humiliating defeats.

My take? one of the biggest reasons why Arthur gets subbed off often is because Valverde has to put Vidal on to keep him from complaining too much because he's afraid of subbing off Rakitic and Busi or that will lead to some repercussions in the Lockerroom.

People are led to believe it's due to Arthur being fat or some shit. But no it doesn't, it's Valverde way of hiding the fact of being a Chicken shit of a manager who resigned himself to being a patsy for the board and big whigs in the locker room.

cro-man

De jong didnt play one game for us and he is already rated better than arthur. Some never learn. Judging too early is never a good idea. Before coutinho arrived most of us saw him already as our second best player and look where we are now.

kattanib

De jong didnt play one game for us and he is already rated better than arthur. Some never learn. Judging too early is never a good idea. Before coutinho arrived most of us saw him already as our second best player and look where we are now.

He is though and you know it

Home of Barca Fans