21 - Frenkie de Jong

Has to play as a 6. He is not creative enough or enough of a goal threat to play as a 8. Has to replace Busi. If EV shoehorns him in as an 8 to appease Busi we won't see the best of him - infact he will be pretty underwhelming.

Barcilliant

Don't think even Ernie can ruin this talent anymore, simple because of all the praise he got from every football great.
He won't come in like Arthur, who was still a nobody before joining us. Frenkie is already named as top tier CM.

He will write his own death sentence not utalizing Frenkie by his strenghts.

My concern is that he will play the sterile duo of Busquets and Rakitic with De Jong. That will force De Jong to track back too much and exhaust him a la Arthur.

Either Busquets or Rakitic has to warm the bench next season or be sold. Fuck those two. I'd get Rodri from AM instead of Griezmann. Imagine De Jong and Rodri together in our midfield. Give Puig and Alena opportunities for the third midfield position.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
He can play anywhere in midfield and he has at Ajax: 4, 6 & 8. I think he will ultimately play as a 6 for us but early on I fully expect to see him as our #8. The key however is that he must be on the pitch, always - no current Barca midfielder should play ahead of him and I'd struggle to think of any in world football that should. He makes the differnce

Campos

Has to play as a 6. He is not creative enough or enough of a goal threat to play as a 8. Has to replace Busi. If EV shoehorns him in as an 8 to appease Busi we won't see the best of him - infact he will be pretty underwhelming.

He can play anywhere on the midfield. Watch some of his earlier videos. In Young Ajax (reserve team) he played much more offensive. And also scored more.
Don't know what his best position is. But he's very versatile.

Zidane82

Sooo after last night I have to say that FDJ has to play every game for us . He looked like the best midfielder in the world by a country mile ... gets better every time I see him ..

BarçaBarça

Sooo after last night I have to say that FDJ has to play every game for us . He looked like the best midfielder in the world by a country mile ... gets better every time I see him ..

Came here to say that he absolutely needs to start for us. He can play DM, he can play CM, the most important thing is that he starts close to every game - he is just that good right now, and we need to give him confidence and a serious run of starts right from the beginning.

And to BBZ: He ran 14 KM last night; he is a work-:horse:

wisconsincule

For him to have a shot at realistically playing a bunch we need to sell Rakitic or Busi.

As we all know the rotation will be Busi and Rakitic as automatic starters with Arthur/Vidal/FDJ fighting for the third spot. Pretty sad with our muppet manager.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Frenkie just has to endure one more season and Valverde will be out of here. As long as he doesn't regress too much.

BBZ8800

Came here to say that he absolutely needs to start for us. He can play DM, he can play CM, the most important thing is that he starts close to every game - he is just that good right now, and we need to give him confidence and a serious run of starts right from the beginning.

And to BBZ: He ran 14 KM last night; he is a work-:horse:

Frenkie is good and he should play all the time.
What worries me is: who will be our attacking CM?

Even yesterday, before Van De Beek entered, Netherlands had possession and control, but not too many clear chances, shots and goals.
When Donny entered, they started to create more havoc in and around English box and they started to have lots of planned and somewhat lucky goalscoring chances.

Frenkie-Rakitic is obviously not a solution.
But neither is Frenkie-Arthur.
Even yesterday, Frenkie was the best when he was dropping deep to get the ball and when he was commanding from some sort of a Busi-Xavi hybrid position.
Since Busi's position=is Busi's position.
And Arthur's best position is also=a hybrid of Busi's and Xavi's position.
Then we are in problems since all three players are the best when they play in some sort of Busi's position or in some kind of a mix of Busi's and Xavi's position.

These 3 deep lying midfielders could work while we have Messi, since we can get away currently with a gameplan: recycle possession in midfield and just pass to Messi=and he will eventually do something.
But longterm, after Messi, we will need both at least 2 new attacking superstars and true leaders (NOT like Dembele) and one CAM-ish type of a player who will have balls, leadership ability and both creative and finishing skills.

You know that I usually don't like young players, but on youtube videos, this kid looks as if he has bravery, leadership ability, IQ and skills (a combination which 95% of our current players don't possess).
If could be 24 today and if he had shooting skills, then even I would say: ok, you can play Frenkie-Arthur and this guy. Then even Arthur's safepasses wouldn't be such a problem.

But in a current era, where all of our midfielders are more "pivot" (Frenkie, Busi, Arthur) or defensive-minded (Raki, Vidal) oriented, none combination doesn't look too perfect.
I am currently so desperate that even I would give another shot to Coutinho at Iniesta's position, at least at Camp Nou matches :lol:
Busi-Frenkie-Cou, or even forum's beloved Frenkie-Arthur-Cou sounds better than Busi-Frenkie-Arthur.
To me, those 3 are defensive midfielders and it isn't too much better than the hated Busi-Raki-Vidal midfield.

Last edited:

kattanib

Even yesterday, before Van De Beek entered, Netherlands had possession and control, but not too many clear chances, shots and goals.
When Donny entered, they started to create more havoc in and around English box and they started to have lots of planned and somewhat lucky goalscoring chances.

Even yesterday, Frenkie was the best when he was dropping deep to get the ball and when he was commanding from some sort of a Busi-Xavi hybrid position.
Then we are in problems since all three players are the best when they play in some sort of Busi's position or in some kind of a mix of Busi's and Xavi's position.

These 3 deep lying midfielders could work while we have Messi, since we can get away currently with a gameplan: recycle possession in midfield and just pass to Messi=and he will eventually do something.
But longterm, after Messi, we will need both at least 2 new attacking superstars and true leaders (NOT like Dembele) and one CAM-ish type of a player who will have balls, leadership ability and both creative and finishing skills.

You know that I usually don't like young players, but on youtube videos, this kid looks as if he has bravery, leadership ability, IQ and skills (a combination which 95% of our current players don't possess).
If could be 24 today and if he had shooting skills, then even I would say: ok, you can play Frenkie-Arthur and this guy. Then even Arthur's safepasses wouldn't be such a problem.

But in a current era, where all of our midfielders are more "pivot" (Frenkie, Busi, Arthur) or defensive-minded (Raki, Vidal) oriented, none combination doesn't look too perfect.
I am currently so desperate that even I would give another shot to Coutinho at Iniesta's position, at least at Camp Nou matches :lol:
Busi-Frenkie-Cou, or even forum's beloved Frenkie-Arthur-Cou sounds better than Busi-Frenkie-Arthur.
To me, those 3 are defensive midfielders and it isn't too much better than the hated Busi-Raki-Vidal midfield.

Puig

Judoman

I really hope at least one of Rakitic/Busq will be sold. If they both stay Valverde will keep playing some form of that passive midfield wall without any attacking ambition.
If we sell both, we could afford aMC replacement and rejuvenate midfield for the future, while also doing a step back from Messi-dependence tactic we ve been playing
since Xavi-Iniesta.
It s not enough if we just buy the right players, we also have to sell the right ones. Specially with Valverde in charge.

Porque

Well, what about signing Van de Beek then.

Home of Barca Fans