21 - Frenkie de Jong

wisconsincule

I’m sad Ajax isn’t in the champions league final. Would have liked to see him up against Liverpool.

Excited to see him next year. Granted he gets a chance :valverde:

Newcomer

He is going to regret coming here.

Not at all.

That Ajax team would have ended like that Porto, or more recently Monaco, team.

He will join a club with bigger status and chance to win in modern days, a way better paycheck and a club he was a fan of.

Don't forget football players are professional. The paycheck is very very important for them.

gregorrin10

He played his last match at the Cruyff Arena today. It was also his birthday. And he pretty much won the Eredivise today as well. Congrats and happy birthday! :cheers:

[tw]1127651065221013504[/tw]

Such a positive, likeable guy, full of light. It makes me so sad and worried, if he'll have to come here and still deal with Cowardverde and his negativity. The feeling around this club right now (caused by EV and this Board) compared to Frenkie's cheeky personality and positive attitude is the total polar opposite right now and I'm worried if this continues, it will suck all the light and positivity, that Frenkie possesses, right out of him! No amount of (more) money he will be getting here compared to his Ajax's salary, can make up for that!

Seeing a brilliant, positive and talented youngster, who loves football purely for the game itself, getting his life sucked out by Cuntverde and his negative approach to football would really be a disaster of epic proportions to see!

This is why we have to act NOW, to protect the future of our young stars like Frenkie, Dembele, Arthur before it's too late. So that they don't lose that light and happiness.

mia7007

He is going to regret coming here.
Never, we still one of the top teams in the world. Even with all our problems with some luck we would be in the final of CL.
We still have Messi, Stegen and some other WC players who need a coach to use them wisely like Klopp is doing with less talented players like Milner or Henderson

JPM85

Very good for him, nice way for him and De Ligt to go out.

BTW why not grab Ten Hag, Van de Beek & Tadic too--full Barca makeover right there.

Would be strange, but an ideal mix between Barca - Ajax would be a dream

Ter Stegen
Semedo - Pique - de Ligt - Alba
De Jong
v.d Beek - Arthur
Dembele - Messi - Neres

coach; Ten Hag (altough he is not my favorite for next year, but everything better then Valverde)

I would be a happy guy

mc_lovin

V.d Beek and Neres are flavour of the month now? For me, individually, Ajax has two world class talents - De Jong and De Ligt. The rest are good system players. No need for them.

Newcomer

V.d Beek and Neres are flavour of the month now? For me, individually, Ajax has two world class talents - De Jong and De Ligt. The rest are good system players. No need for them.

Agree with that.

Clubs shouldn't forget that Tadic was playing like Pelé against Real Madrid but couldn't do it in midtable team in PL.

There are some players well overrated due to the good system and understanding of those players.

Zidane82

I think the PL is less suited for technical more fragile players.... they get bullied to much.

That’s fair.. the EPL is just ultra competitive and fast basically..
It’s like the 007 of the leagues .. fast and furious, very exiting and eventful but ultimately the football itself - lacks true quality imho

Last edited:

Andrew M

That’s fair.. the EPL is just ultra competitive and fast basically..
It’s like the 007 of the leagues .. fast and furious, very exiting and eventful but ultimately lacks true quality imho

I disagree strongly. When Barca and Real want to sign a top player, the first place they look is Premier League. I also think the physicality is slightly overstated.

Home of Barca Fans