21 - Frenkie de Jong

serghei

Monaco’s success domestically and in Europe past 5 years > every club in Italy not named Juventus

We’re dealing with facts here. Your ignorant opinions hold no weight.

Even in your silly little game you don't get your facts straight. Roma has had a better record than Monaco in 3 of the last 5 years in Europe.

Roma:

2014-15: CL 3rd place (in a group with Man. City and Bayern)
2015-16: Europa League round of 16
2016-17: CL Last 16
2017-18: CL Semifinal
2018-19: CL Last 16 and counting

Monaco:

14-15: CL Quarterfinal
15-16: Europa league 3rd place group stage exit
16-17: CL Semifinal
17-18: CL 4th place (2pts out of 18)
18-19: CL 4th place (was hard to 'outdo' the performance form the previous year but they did it! 1pt out of 18)

2014-15 -> Better european season: Monaco
2015-16 -> Better european season: Roma
2016-17 -> Better european season: Monaco
2017-18 -> Better european season: Roma
2018-19 -> Better european season: Roma

Last edited:

Bulgroz

I don't really get the "Monaco" point though.

They failed miserably in UCL this season. But they also failed miserably in Ligue 1 so far. So how does it prove that Ligue 1 is a bad league ? I mean, I would sort of get your point if they flopped in Europe but were crushing it France (would be debatable, but would make sense).

Jair Ventura

Even in your silly little game you don't get your facts straight. Roma has had a better record than Monaco in 3 of the last 5 years in Europe.

Roma:

2014-15: CL 3rd place (in a group with Man. City and Bayern)
2015-16: Europa League round of 16
2016-17: CL Last 16
2017-18: CL Semifinal
2018-19: CL Last 16 and counting

Monaco:

14-15: CL Quarterfinal
15-16: Europa league 3rd place group stage exit
16-17: CL Semifinal
17-18: CL 4th place (2pts out of 18)
18-19: CL 4th place (was hard to 'outdo' the performance form the previous year but they did it! 1pt out of 18)

2014-15 -> Better european season: Monaco
2015-16 -> Better european season: Roma
2016-17 -> Better european season: Monaco
2017-18 -> Better european season: Roma
2018-19 -> Better european season: Roma

“Domestically and in Europe”

I.e. Monaco won a league title only two years ago, on top of appearances in the semi’s and quarters of the UCL in recent seasons. Further, Monaco also developed and sold Mbappé over that span.

Keep up.

serghei

“Domestically and in Europe”

I.e. Monaco won a league title only two years ago, on top of appearances in the semi’s and quarters of the UCL in recent seasons. Further, Monaco also developed and sold Mbappé over that span.

Keep up.

:lol: Lol. What kind of argument is that? Monaco won a title in Ligue 1, because Ligue 1 is weaker than Serie A. Juventus that year embarassed Monaco in CL with ease and would've won the league in France by 10+ points.

Roma in 2016-17 finished 2nd in Serie A, behind Juventus who was a cut above all the teams in Ligue 1 that year.

Also who gives a shit about Mbappe? This is about Roma vs Monaco, and Roma are better and far more consistent over the last 5 years.

Last edited:

Jair Ventura

:lol: Lol. What kind of argument is that? Monaco won a title in Ligue 1, because Ligue 1 is weaker than Serie A. Juventus that year embarassed Monaco in CL with ease and would've won the league in France by 10+ points.

Roma in 2016-17 finished 2nd in Serie A, behind Juventus who was a cut above all the teams in Ligue 1 that year.

Oh, so now Monaco winning Ligue 1 wasn’t impressive. And they didn’t win because they had great players, but because PSG and Lyon are weak....

You’ve killed all your credibility. No need for us to engage any further.

Zidane82

This. We will sign Rabiot because it’s a good business move but Valverde is happy with what we have. He doesn’t care about the long term project because he won’t be here. He only needs results now and that is how he’s going to coach.

It's so clear to so many of us yet the board don't see it !!

serghei

Oh, so now Monaco winning Ligue 1 wasn’t impressive. And they didn’t win because they had great players, but because PSG and Lyon are weak....

You’ve killed all your credibility. No need for us to engage any further.

Juventus was much better than PSG of that season, and Lyon is :lol:. Don't know why you even mention them. Unless Monaco is winning league titles with a team like Juventus as their rival that ain't proving shit.

Serie A is a much stronger league than Ligue 1 and it's proven by UEFA coefficients at the moment. You should stop being a smartass and accept the reality. When the reality changes, brag all you want as far as I'm concerned.

Last edited:

serghei

But Monaco won the league two seasons ago, whereas Juventus is working on 8 or 9 straight.... You’re picking apart tour own argument.

Some documentation to help your sense of reality which is fading away really quickly.

PM me when it reads Ligue 1 3rd and Serie A 5th. Better watch out for those Russian teams though....

wcmLzW.jpg

Home of Barca Fans