21 - Frenkie de Jong

JamDav1982

Good for PSG, absolutely shite for us but it's moot because we haven't offered that.

What have Barca offered and should be the numbers being discussed?

Goes back to original point of if he is so average why do they want to keep him rather than taking fee to buy someone else or meet FFP.

Sorin

What have Barca offered and should be the numbers being discussed?

Don't think we should sign him for any fee(high wages for how I rate him) but that is neither here nor there as I don't have any input in who Barca signs or doesn't so why should it matter?

Anyway, I don't really care that much about this subject to discuss it any further tbf so whatever

Calidad

Offer them 40-50m and they’ll find it hard to say no. And I have a lot of respect for Ajax as a club.

He has a much higher ceiling than Raibot, and I don’t see the point in buying them both, as they operate in similar areas of the pitch.

So offer that, and even a player in exchange (Denis, Turan) and I think they’ll take it. I’d happily throw in Rafinha or Gomes too, but I don’t think they’d go for that.

I don’t want Raibot. He brings too much baggage and histrionics for a player of average ability.

jairzinho

EV seems to want a player who mirrors the physical attributes as Paulinho. A ‘workhouse ‘ type of player or whatever you choose to call it. He had that at Bilbao with Raul Garcia. Maybe he sees Rabiot the same way. Anyway we would still be pretty dumb to pay an excessive fee for a player with less than a year on his contract.

Devils

BREAKING

[tw]1018848365205913600[/tw]

Blind to Ajax is basically confirmed and told his United teammates that he was leaving. Possibly paving the way for De Jong to Barca.

Saladin

BREAKING

[tw]1018848365205913600[/tw]

Blind to Ajax is basically confirmed and told his United teammates that he was leaving. Possibly paving the way for De Jong to Barca.

Us buying players like Lenglet, Arthur and De Jong is the right mentality. Selling our fringe players and adding depth with quality signings for respectable fees is almost too good to be true. De Jong is superior to Rabiot IMO, simply because he loves the club and idolizes Messi. He will give his everything for the club where Rabiot is his polar opposite; a spoiled brat who plays for himself first and foremost. Qualitywise, Ajax has been producing top quality midfielders for decades and De Jong is regarded as their prime jewel. This signing should be a no-brainer, which is right up the alley for our current board

Blaugranaa

Can someone explain why this isn't just another Afellay? I know they play different positions but why should the outcome of this guy become any different?

Sorin

Can someone explain why this isn't just another Afellay? I know they play different positions but why should the outcome of this guy become any different?

Why isn't Eriksen another Affelay? Why isn't Devinson Sanchez another Affelay? Why isn't Verthongen another Affelay? All came from Ajax.

You should judge players on a case by case basis.

jairzinho

Hopefully we sign him instead of Rabiot, too much baggage with him.
Read his interview on Sport, DeJong loves the club.

George_Costanza

I read a lot about FDJ but still confused what position does he play? I know he is versatile and can play CM or DM. Both positions currently occupied by Raki/Arthur and Busquets. So he is another talent just like Arthur and will be competing with him for that CM position (his best position I assume)? It doesn't make sense to buy 2 unproven players for the same position.

Home of Barca Fans