21 - Frenkie de Jong

Gaudi

Well, about that. The sponsorship is 180 M but was never considered 180 M by FFP accountant.

It was 100 M, then 58 then ? (following pressure after Neymar purchase). I'm not saying the value is right (it is not, it was designed to counter the FFP), but it is not PSG that put that 100 M then 58 M value.
PSG is playing by the rule that UEFA allows (and UEFA is trying to find a balance not to upset the historical clubs and not getting sued by PSG, City, Milan AC).

About Neymar to Barcelona, it will never happen unless UEFA punish PSG hard enough, so that the only way to balance the books is by selling Neymar.
Neymar has just become the official ambassador of QNB. To me, that sounds like the Qatari are giving him some pocket money (increase his salary without going through PSG account) and they are in terrible term with Barça.

Again, i don't mind, I don't believe in fairy tales, but imagine if Barca was bought by some arab "democrat" and we shoot a commercial, Messi waves a hand, and that is worth 1 billion! We all know how that works...so I don't mind, don't even care I just hate to pretend! Let's call the things by it's name!

Givenchy

[MENTION=16942]BBZ8800[/MENTION]

i don't know about Frenkie being greedy or much about his agent but De Ligt you have a fair point.. as soon as Raiola got involved i knew it wouldn't be long before his greed influenced that kid. i still think PSG will buy De Ligt but he may also be left behind at Ajax due to no club wanting to pay those wages

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
If we're being completely honest it's not like Barca's sporting project is anything to be excited about either. PSG and Man City are building something nice. So are Liverpool and I suppose you can even include Juventus. Bayern have signalled they're going to start removing the old guard and bring in younger players and spend money now too.

Barca are just going through the motions where guys like Arthur and Coutinho are benched because Rakitic and Busquets are undroppable. Dembele has been in the team on and off and we have one of the most boring manager's in World Football in Valverde.

In 3 years Messi might be gone and we've no clue how this team would look like considering the core is old and we keep giving them bigger contracts and make them indisputable starters. Meanwhile the other teams I mentioned have a much younger core trying to build an identity of their own.

All while Barca is losing theirs, step-by-step.

Raketa10

Out of curiosity what's the salary we agreed with Arthur when we signed him? IMHO De Jong doesn't deserve more at the moment.

Newcomer

[MENTION=16942]BBZ8800[/MENTION]

i don't know about Frenkie being greedy or much about his agent but De Ligt you have a fair point.. as soon as Raiola got involved i knew it wouldn't be long before his greed influenced that kid. i still think PSG will buy De Ligt but he may also be left behind at Ajax due to no club wanting to pay those wages

The other way around.

de Ligt and his agent asked Raiola to work as intermediary to get the big money move.

Raiola is just asking for 10 M or more for himself to complete the task.

fergus90

I think if Barca genuinely wants him, he will go to Barca no question. I just think the only thing stopping this is, if the board don't view him as the number one target.

Everything is just tabloid talk right now, one minute they say PSG and the next Barca, I even saw on Skysports news today that Spurs want him as their number 1 Eriksen replacement.

The only thing confirmed is he's staying at Ajax this season.

Last edited:

Sorin

Agents should be paid by the players they represent.

These are mobsters controlling whole clubs at this point.

Newcomer

I think if Barca genuinely wants him, he will go to Barca no question. I just think the only thing stopping this is, if the board don't view him as the number one target.

Everything is just tabloid talk right now, one minute they say PSG and the next Barca, I even saw on Skysports news today that Spurs want him as their number 1 Eriksen replacement.

Yup. Nothing done yet.
Last time, Paris United announced a deal was about to get sealed it was the Rabiot renewal.
See how it went in the end.

Ajax

https://www.transfermarkt.com/hcm-sports-management/beraterfirma/berater/2252

That isn't nobody by any mean, not a top agent like Raiola/Mendez but respectable one, someone that a player like FDJ should have no problem to keep.
In fact, he seem like an agent to keep an eye onto, he seem to be able to attract some decent young talents

Oh wow. Didnt know about this. Possible he joined that company? I read an interview with him that made ot sound like he represented like 3 players. Fdj, his cousin and the neighbors kid. Good PR

Thx for sharing!

Gnidrologist

I don't get why players hire these agents that are basically working for themselves only, demanding millions of money just to close the deal. What are they, some kind of magicians? If i was a player and wanted to control my own career, i'd negotiate for fess myself and only hired competent lawyer or few to keep the formal side clear and fair. Why do these players are giving up their own future in hands of some money hungry scoundrels, who think how to stuff their own pockets first? They must be very naive.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire

I am afraid our No.1 target is Rabiot.

Them suddenly becoming so stingy does make me wonder if they are trying to get Neymar back.

FCBfan22

I am afraid our No.1 target is Rabiot.

They suddenly became so stingy does make me wonder if they are trying to get Neymar back.

That's exactly what I think is happening. Stupid all around.

There is no chance that P$G let him go in the next 3 years. Maybe when he has 1 year left. But he will be a grandpa then (we know how Brasilian ageing goes...) .

Home of Barca Fans