21 - Frenkie de Jong

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
No.

As i told you previously, those links are for the winter market. We are searching ideally for 2 defensive midfielders this winter, even if i'm afraid we won't get even one. We have simply no money to struck a good deal this winter.

de Jong wont leave Ajax before this summer, so it is a very separate story.

Also, this article is a detailed story of the tweets you posted previously, where they say those deals are unlikely.

Short story : PSG can't pay the 75 M€ quoted fee of de Jong this winter even if he doesn't come. Like Barcelona, we are trying to seal the deal for the summer. PSG can only afford 20/30 M€ max for this winter and try and get 2 defensive midfielders through loans.

How much can you afford to spend in the summer without selling anyone?

Devils

I don't think BeIn, an international station, would be reporting that unless there was some substantial momentum behind it.

That said, them reporting that FDJ is close to Barca, is bigger than any of the reports linking him to PSG.

FCBfan22

I hope we dont.. i mean at first i wasn't totally for the transfer but hes proving useful. i rather say thank you and goodbye to Raki, he'd fetch more money aswell

Well, sell them both to Guangzhou Evergrande for combined 140 million Euros.

:bartomeu:

:paulinho:

Joan

They're yet to pay us 50m for Paulinho.

Should keep him one more season if he keep playing well. He's a diff type of player to everyone. A lot more aggressive.
I'm not against selling Rakitić, but don't see clubs offering enough. If the offer is good enough, I say sell. Not sure about him after almost half a season. Expected slightly more.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans