21 - Frenkie de Jong

Jair Ventura

Abidal himself did not deny the trip to the Netherlands and said something to the effect of “…the trips are part of the work we do, we don’t keep them as secret but we also don’t want to comment on them”.

Of course, if you think Abidal was lying then yes, the trip didn’t happen.

Just checking. Only curious because telegraaf reported Ajax’s meeting with PSG(even the hotel the meeting was held at) on Friday but not their Thursday meeting with Barca.

Edit: do you have a link?

Last edited:

cro-man

Majority agreed that Rabiot is a brat and his mom is a cancer.

Yet, a humble Frenki, a fan of Barca:
1. Is liking Barca's instagram posts
2. He is following Barca, Real Madrid and Psg (why is he following RM if he is Barca's fan?)
3. Reports are saying he signed for Psg inspite of our offer.
Even if he hasn't, why was he meeting with Psg's agents if he only wants to sign for us?
4. Some reports are saying that his girlfriend is very important in this transfer (Psg)
5. His agent asking a few Millions for himself, on top of a 75m fee and wages while Rabiot's mom was a cancer for asking a 10m sign on fee on top of a FREE TRANSFER
6. Some reports are saying that he is unsure of coming here because he won't be a starter.
When Rabiot asked a similar thing, ok s slightly worse, he was an idiot

Frenkie hasn't shown: I want only you (Barca), and no one else, and I will do whatever needed to come-attitude.

At the end the only difference is one is pretending its not just about the money and the other isnt and thats it.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Majority agreed that Rabiot is a brat and his mom is a cancer.

Yet, a humble Frenki, a fan of Barca:
1. Is liking Barca's instagram posts
2. He is following Barca, Real Madrid and Psg (why is he following RM if he is Barca's fan?)
3. Reports are saying he signed for Psg inspite of our offer.
Even if he hasn't, why was he meeting with Psg's agents if he only wants to sign for us?
4. Some reports are saying that his girlfriend is very important in this transfer (Psg)
5. His agent asking a few Millions for himself, on top of a 75m fee and wages while Rabiot's mom was a cancer for asking a 10m sign on fee on top of a FREE TRANSFER
6. Some reports are saying that he is unsure of coming here because he won't be a starter.
When Rabiot asked a similar thing, ok s slightly worse, he was an idiot

Frenkie hasn't shown: I want only you (Barca), and no one else, and I will do whatever needed to come-attitude.

But why should he? He is not just an average Barca fan like us who would jump on any opportunity (I mean any opportunity, for example I’d be very happy just to be an assistant to the kitman) to work for our beloved club. He is a player and this is very much a business and career decision for him. He might like us and suck Messi’s dick but at the end of the day we are probably talking about the next 5 years of his career, the golden age of his career here so you can’t blame him for being careful. Of course he will have to evaluate everything, including money and playing time, who wouldn’t? And if he really loves his girlfriend, of course he would take her opinion and wishes into consideration (for those of us who have married, which one of you don’t give a damn about what your wife says? Not me), there is nothing wrong with that.

In the end if he goes to PSG chances are money talks and he does see PSG offering better opportunities and we can disagree with me on that and call him a wuss or pussy for not wanting to fight for his chances but at this time he hasn’t done anything wrong (no idea why he is following Real Madrid though). In the end if he does choose money over us then so be it. How many of us can say that we will not choose money though?

As for Rabiot, if we believe those rumors we offered him 10m signing bonus on top of a 10m-per-year salary and his agent mother is still demanding more, otherwise he would have signed with us, right? The difference between the two, to me is that De Jong is genuinely evaluating all his options while Rabiot knows he wants to come here but he just wants to milk more money out of us, no top of what we are giving him.

Of course it all comes down to our own personal preference. If you like De Jong better you tend to rationalize his behavior, the same with Rabiot.

Vilarrubi

I miss all the good things!

He wrote a lengthy paragraph about his outrage that the thread title had been changed to "Farmer De Jong"... that the person who did it should be ashamed of themselves, he hopes Frenkie does choose PSG now and that Barca fans are just bitter because he chose PSG.

Poor guy seemed really shook up by the whole thing.

Devils

Why are people here claiming he is a Barca fan? He said he was a fan of Barca's style, specifically Messi, Xavi, and Iniesta. He said he used watch some of their games on tv and youtube.

That style of play is long gone.

He is not an actual Barca fan. So stop using that to criticize him.

“I remember back when I was a little kid how my grandfather game me this bright green Barcelona kit with Messi on the back. I wore this shirt until it got too small for me.

“I always watch Barca, mostly just from the sofa at home with a water. My friends/girlfriend may watch with me but I often don’t respond to them because of something magical that happens on the pitch.”

Sounds like a Barca fan to me dawg.

Joan

He wrote a lengthy paragraph about his outrage that the thread title had been changed to "Farmer De Jong"... that the person who did it should be ashamed of themselves, he hopes Frenkie does choose PSG now and that Barca fans are just bitter because he chose PSG.

Poor guy seemed really shook up by the whole thing.

Hard to be a Barca fan these days. :(

Home of Barca Fans