21 - Frenkie de Jong

gregorrin10

Some folks here seem to be under the impression that Guangzhou Evergrande (and Chinese clubs in general) is run by a bunch of fools who will just blindly recycle our unwanted players and pay us big fees for them. That is simply not true. Due to policy changes and financial realities Chinese clubs in general are no longer paying ridiculous amount of money chasing foreign players.

The reason why Guangzhou Evergrande wanted Paulinho back was because he was one of their best players, a very decisive player and a fan favorite before he joined us and he was really missed by them when he was with us. They are not going to pay us 50m for Rakitic or Vidal or KPB a couple of years later. On Malcom the rumor of Guangzhou Evergrande wanting him seems to have originated overseas as I read almost no original Chinese source saying that they want him.

Paulinho is an one-off situation that can hardly be replicated.

Dude, i was obviously joking about KPB and Evergrande. And as for selling Rakitic, i never mentioned Evergrande, i think he'll end up somewhere like United, maybe even PSG. Top clubs will be after him for sure, he can have 2-3 more years at a lesser club than Barca for sure, and we should be fetching at least 50M for him in this market for sure, since he's such a top player and all, according to so many people.

Leo_Messi

Abidal confirmed that he went to Amsterdam last Thursday... So that means Frenkie has the last say.All the news last week was not a lie. (Confirmed by the Dutch Media). Abidal changed the situation. He deserves praise for that... So there is nothing you can ask more for Barcelona. They handled it nicely. PSG are not confident right now!

Despite the constant crying of a few QSG fans here of how bad the Spanish media is (supposedly forgetting that it is not any different from any other media in Europe), when virtually every single media platform in Spain, in this case Catalonia, are saying the same thing, it is because it is genuine. That is why I have always been confident of us being in the race. Anyway the final decision will be de Jong's. It's either worldwide recognition, playing for a historic giant, playing in a vastly superior league, developing more as a player, living in the better city or dirty Qatari gas money.

As for Busquets, I saw a post-match interview of his not many months ago where he publicly stated that he has, at most, 2-3 seasons (this season being included) left at the highest level. That was basically him openly saying that he has little time left at this club. Him moving on alongside Rakitic (likely) this summer is very unlikely to occur but in the summer of 2020 as a 32 year old or at most 2021 as a 33 year old? Very likely.

When Abidal spoke with de Jong and his entourage, I am sure the future situation of our midfield was spoken about.

Last edited:

Riordon

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=szRWgLCSKcE

An analysis of his game against France that has seen him getting a lot of praise.

I'll be honest, i don't really see a 75+ M€ player here.

To be honest with you, I have followed Frenkie for a long time and he hasn't delivered at the same level after his injury in feb last year that kept him out for 5 month.

Take a look at his highlights against PSV in the 3-0. Thats how he used to play.

His dribling, long passes and movement isn't the same. Its seems he lost a little of pace.

Any Ajax fans on here who has anything to say about this?

Joan

It was amusing to see that you started out posting as a 'Barca fan' but we all could see, pretty much from the get go, you were always just an Oranje fanboy who'd migrate from forum to forum depending where your 'players' go. Thankfully this isn't 'Frenkie de Jong FC forum'.

P.S. Mandrake has got nothing on this guy, and as far as fanboyism goes, that takes some doing.

And as for the title, it's just banter mate. Too bad your bias won't let you enjoy it for a bit of a laugh.

Who are you talking about, mate?

khaled_a_d

While that's true , he also left because he felt he couldn't compete anymore at the highest level. And unfortunately it doesn't seem to be case with Busquets.

What does Bartou mean by 1 year? if it is by next summer then Yeah, if he means by 2020 then I have to say I disagree with you, he will be 33 which is 1 year younger than Iniesta when he left, and he has already showed decline earlier than Iniesta
Also, never forget that Busquets is the one actually plays in FDJ position. He is a DM and this is the position he is signed for despite that being unpopular opinion in this board

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Has any media outlet outside of Spain reported on Barca’s alleged meeting with FDJ last week?

Abidal himself did not deny the trip to the Netherlands and said something to the effect of “…the trips are part of the work we do, we don’t keep them as secret but we also don’t want to comment on them”.

Of course, if you think Abidal was lying then yes, the trip didn’t happen.

BBZ8800

Who are you talking about? Rabiot or De Jong? What exactly has De Jong done wrong compared to Rabiot's attitude? The hypocrisy is a bit strong here.

Majority agreed that Rabiot is a brat and his mom is a cancer.

Yet, a humble Frenki, a fan of Barca:
1. Is liking Barca's instagram posts
2. He is following Barca, Real Madrid and Psg (why is he following RM if he is Barca's fan?)
3. Reports are saying he signed for Psg inspite of our offer.
Even if he hasn't, why was he meeting with Psg's agents if he only wants to sign for us?
4. Some reports are saying that his girlfriend is very important in this transfer (Psg)
5. His agent asking a few Millions for himself, on top of a 75m fee and wages while Rabiot's mom was a cancer for asking a 10m sign on fee on top of a FREE TRANSFER
6. Some reports are saying that he is unsure of coming here because he won't be a starter.
When Rabiot asked a similar thing, ok s slightly worse, he was an idiot

Frenkie hasn't shown: I want only you (Barca), and no one else, and I will do whatever needed to come-attitude.

Home of Barca Fans