21 - Frenkie de Jong

Joan

If we miss out on FDJ we should take a look at Kai Havertz (who is barely even mentioned on the forum surprisingly).

Incredible talent. Only 19 years of age too.

My scouting reports of him are pristine.

Most talented German player. There were several reports linking us to him. I expect him to be in a similar price range. But the question of fit of a pure AM remains.

EdmondDantes

Apparently some twitter ITKs are saying these will be Frenkie's boots for next season.

Cowboy-Boots-And-Hat1.png

Jair Ventura

Until it's actually confirmed if he really does choose P$G instead even with our late extraordinary offer, which now finally seems to be a reality, there's no need for the name thread calling. Absolutely childish stuff. Imagine if there's a twist and he joins us after all. I bet the one who changed the thread title is gonna be real proud of that one...:angry:

My friend, you've walked into the salt mines. Get used to it.

gregorrin10

Obviously I love FDJ as a player, I do think he has the potential to be one of the best. But Barça is more important than any player. Barça shouldn't never make a whore of itself just to seduce a player. This dumbass board did that already with Neymar and God knows how much I hate them for that.

FDJ may be the generational talent as it's often said. But it's okay, there are other promising guys. If he ends up at PSG, we should focus on Aouar and Puig's development. These two are incredible talents too. Arthur already looks like a starter at 22.

The main problem is the same though: I don't trust this board, I don't trust their ability to make the right choices for the club.

:goodpost: Well said. Especially that last part. It seems this Board is again contradicting themselves. On the one hand, they're ready to extend EV for 3 years :facepalm::banghead:, on the other, they're making extraordinary offers for FDJ. It would really be a shame to see FDJ go down the Malcom route, cause if Valverde is staying, i can't see him sanctioning the sale of Rakitic, and if Raki doesn't leave, FDJ will rot on the bench, while we'll get to witness EV play dead slow and tired Rakitic and Busquets ahead of FDJ almost every week. And that would be the absolute worst case scenario in my eyes, even worse that FDJ now choosing to join PSG, because i love FDJ as a player and want to see him playing every week for the sake of football more than anything else.

If we get FDJ, we should get rid of EV and get a manager, who prefers technical midfielders/players and trust youth a lot more than EV does, simple as that. With Arthur already in the team, one of Raki or Busquets simply has to go to make room for FDJ, if he does come. Not to mention Vidal and all our young talents like Alena and Puig waiting on their chance as well. And considering Busquets has basically everything on Rakitic from being La Masia to being one of our legends already, and frankly, just being a better player overall (he just needs a right system and quick and mobile CMs in front of him to shine again, which is the exact opposite definition of Rakitic). So since Busquets won't be leaving anytime soon, Rakitic is the obvious choice here. Not to mention FDJ's ability to play Busquets's position (might even be more suited there long term), when Vidal/Alena or even Coutinho get a chance at the CM position. So Rakitic then becomes obsolete, if you really think about it, considering CDM is the only position he can still effectively play in Barca these days (he just isn't cut out for CM anymore, especially with the level of mobility our RCM has to show to cover all that space for Messi's lack of defensive duties. Our right side is dead most of the time, when Rakitic plays RCM behind Messi.

Leo_Messi

My posts against QSG and Ligue 1, otherwise known as Ligue 1 de Agriculteur :)lol:) could not have come at a better time. What a joke. The (on paper and before the season) greatest opponent of QSG is Monaco that just lost 1-5 against the powerhouse that is Strasbourg at home and are second last in the table (19th place) 1 point behind the mighty Guingamp.:lol: 38 points behind QSG with 2 more games played.:lol::lol::lol:

Can't state, once again, what a joke de Jong is, if he chooses to waste his career at QSG playing 85% of his games in 3 largely useless competitions that have zero prestige and which for the most part are already decided beforehand. What an environment to grow in as a player. He will have the same fate as Verratti who was the much greater talent yet is a shadow of his former self and a ghost of what he could have been had he played in a truly elite club and in a truly elite domestic league.

No wonder that all French talents of worth are escaping the French league at first sight whenever possible 99% of the time unless QSG offers them false promises and lots and lots of Qatari gas money from the tiny dictatorial and backward fiefdom called Qatar.

Last edited:

Trafalgar

This guy is an attention whore just like Griezbitch, why didn't he just say ''I want PSG'' from the beginning and why he kept liking Barcelona's posts in instagram? fuck him ...

Jair Ventura

My posts against QSG and Ligue 1, otherwise known as Ligue 1 de Agriculteur :)lol:) could not have come at a better time. What a joke. The (on paper and before the season) greatest opponent of QSG is Monaco that just lost 1-5 against the powerhouse that is Strasbourg at home and are second last in the table (19th place) 1 point behind the mighty Guingamp.:lol: 38 points behind QSG with 2 more games played.:lol::lol::lol:

Can't state, once again, what a joke de Jong is, if he chooses to waste his career at QSG playing 85% of his games in 3 largely useless competitions that have zero prestige and which for the most part are already decided beforehand. What an environment to grow in as a player. He will have the same fate as Verratti who was the much greater talent yet is a shadow of his former self and a ghost of what he could have been had he played in a truly elite club and in a truly elite domestic league.

No wonder that all French talents of worth are escaping the French league at first sight whenever possible 99% of the time unless QSG offers them false promises and lots and lots of Qatari gas money from the tiny dictatorial and backward fiefdom called Qatar.

Salt king.

Leo_Messi

Salt king.

Comeback king.

Looking forward to Man Utd ending your season in February as always. Could very well happen. What a great fun it would be. Fitting celebration for that US military base expansion in the tiny backward desert fiefdom that you are in love with. Of course an added although unlikely bonus, given the corruption at UEFA and Infantino (fitting surname for the guy), would be a CL ban and a large fine. Much deserved too as it should have been done ages ago as exposed recently in the media. Looking forward to seeing Sarkozy spend a few years in jail and all his dealings with the Qatari's being exposed too.

Last edited:

Jair Ventura

Comeback king.

Looking forward to Man Utd ending your season in February as always. Could very well happen. What a great fun it would be. Fitting celebration for that US military base expansion in the tiny backward desert fiefdom that you are in love with. Of course an added although unlikely bonus, given the corruption at UEFA and Infantino (fitting surname for the guy), would be a CL ban and a large fine. Much deserved too as it should have been done ages ago as exposed recently in the media. Looking forward to seeing Sarkozy spend a few years in jail and all his dealings with the Qatari's being exposed too.

Whatever you say, Edith. :coffee:

Ursegor

World Champion
If true that he goes to PSG, Barca dodged a bullet. He's a Jean Seri level talent. 75 million + whatever dream wages. lol

Barcaforum really knows how to hype up random above average passers of the ball from offensive-minded teams. Not everyone with that attribute is the second coming of Xavi.

Jair Ventura

If true that he goes to PSG, Barca dodged a bullet. He's a Jean Seri level talent. 75 million + whatever dream wages. lol

Barcaforum really knows how to hype up random above average passers of the ball from offensive-minded teams. Not everyone with that attribute is the second coming of Xavi.

Awesome analysis. You should apply to be a scout.

henias

Jean Seri level talent. Lmao.

Delusions at its best.

Givenchy

are you Seri-ous?

i don't doubt the forum could hype him to levels hes not currently at but comparing him to Seri is stupid

Home of Barca Fans