21 - Frenkie de Jong

Riordon

Agree new team should be built around him hence we should slowly move towards a 4231 which suits him more. Its a better tactic against Liverpool and Bayern also.

BBZ8800

Agree new team should be built around him hence we should slowly move towards a 4231 which suits him more. Its a better tactic against Liverpool and Bayern also.

But we play 90% of time in La Liga against Mickey Mouse teams against parked buses where we have to attack like crazy.
2 pivots doesn't seem attacking enough against parked buses.

Imo, it is wrong to build a team for Anfield when we play on Anfield 1 or 2 times per season.

We should build a team for La Liga and have a plan B for Anfield.

Riordon

But we play 90% of time in La Liga against Mickey Mouse teams against parked buses where we have to attack like crazy.
2 pivots doesn't seem attacking enough against parked buses.

Imo, it is wrong to build a team for Anfield when we play on Anfield 1 or 2 times per season.

True but when I'm thinking of a double pivot I'm not thinking about two traditionel DM's but two volume heavy and aggressive passers, could be De Jong-Partey or De Jong-Thiago. Then you have four offensive players. Honestly think a 4231 is as good as a 433 to break down parked buses.

SG-7

Agree with this 100%. Build a team that can attack against park buses and one that can counter teams like Liverpool. Easier said than done, unfortunately.

Also does anyone know when FDJ is supposed to return?

soul24rage

#FrenkieDeJong is expected to rejoin after the derby against #Espanyol, with the aim of being available for Saturday's match against #Valladolid @fansjavimiguel

Finally :wub:

soul24rage

With Busi guaranteed to start, I think Bob, Busi, DJ will be the main midfield.

DJ has the drive and energy like Bob to help cover the gaps that the fullbacks leave behind so I think he'll do well in that role.

Home of Barca Fans