21 - Frenkie de Jong

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
His reading of the game and defensive positioning is very impressive. I like how he easily can get past players and is always looking to play a pass forward which is why I want him as a CM as he reminds me a bit of Modric, but him as a CDM with Arthur and Coutinho as an AM might work too.

He's decently fast, very agile, good enough of a dribbler and a willing tackler.

FinBarcelonafan

His reading of the game and defensive positioning is very impressive. I like how he easily can get past players and is always looking to play a pass forward which is why I want him as a CM as he reminds me a bit of Modric, but him as a CDM with Arthur and Coutinho as an AM might work too.

He's decently fast, very agile, good enough of a dribbler and a willing tackler.

All in all, very complete player. Seems like a perfect fit and he loves Barca as well. We must get him. Forget Pogba and CO.

khaled_a_d

It might, but won't bbt on t.

George_Costanza

we fucked up buying both Coutinho AND Dembele.. it should of been one or the other. now we have to shoehorn Coutinho in midfield while Arthur needs to play there, Busi also and then possibly Frankie?

---------------MaTS
Semedo-Lenglet-Umtiti-Alba
---------------Busi
--------Frankie-Arthur
-----Messi-Suarez-Dembele

is what i want to see under a decent manager. where does Coutinho play? not enough pace to be a winger yet not disciplined enough for midfield?

Dembele needs to get his shit together, he has something we seriously lack right now; pace

I thought Frankie could be Busquets replacement

mc_lovin

Dont get the Busquets-Frenkie comparisons/replacement ideas... hes much more of a Modric (not that any fair assessment is going to come from a comparison).

Donatello

Dont get the Busquets-Frenkie comparisons/replacement ideas... hes much more of a Modric (not that any fair assessment is going to come from a comparison).

Agreed. But the most important thing is balance, and Arthur is better defensively, and Frenkie won't have to do the exact job that Busquets had to do during Xavinesta, but he still could defend when needed. The only problem is the third MF, who will be the third to make just the right balance in the MF?

I don't think Coutinho has that. But then where would he play. If it's wing, then Dembele will be left out (Malcom isn't even in the picture).

Home of Barca Fans