21 - Frenkie de Jong

Nello

Frenkie wants Riqui on the field aswell:
"For me, he's more than ready to be a starter for Bar?a, but it doesn't depend on me. We have a lot of good players that can start games, so it's a question for the coach. For me, he has tremendous talent." (sport)

FinBarcelonafan

Frenkie wants Riqui on the field aswell:
"For me, he's more than ready to be a starter for Bar?a, but it doesn't depend on me. We have a lot of good players that can start games, so it's a question for the coach. For me, he has tremendous talent." (sport)

Puig compliments Frenkie more than Raki. Raki is always looking backpass and Frenkie forward. I think Puig is more like Frenkie, going forward.

And Puig is good under pressure too.b

FinBarcelonafan

I think what you have said might be the reason Puig doesn't play with Frenkie

No, I meant they have better chemistry and they can go forward instead of always slowing down the game like Raki, but of course, rest of the team is more similar to Rakitic. (Messi/Suarez), always slowing down the game.

Riordon

The problem with playing Puig and Frenkie together can be that they both are best in the left half space and cutting inside with their right foot.

FCBfan22

Based on what we have seen, FDJ MUST play against Bayern. Since Busi is a lock at CDM, should be on the left. Should go with 4-4-2 diamond there imo.

-------------MATS-------------
Semedo--Pique-Lenglet--Alba
-----------Busquets-----------
----Vidal----------De Jong----
-------------Puig---------------
------Messi---------Fati--------

IMO, with that lineup, you lose the deadweights in attack (Griezmann, Suarez). You can combine experience (Busi) with youth (Puig), physicality (Vidal) and a WC player (FDJ) in midfield. Vidal, Messi and Puig can interchange the positions depending on what Messi is doing (Vidal can drift into the ST position). We also have Fati, who is capable taking someone 1 on 1 and can help Alba in defense. Although we would depend on Semedo and Alba to provide some width, I think they are more than capable of that. Also they both NEED to play, because of Bayern's fast wingers.

And most importantly, with this lineup, we defend with 9 outfield players.

The only question for me here would be... Should we play Vidal or Roberto in RCM. But I would pick Vidal, because he can play ST and switch positions with Leo and Riqui occasionally.

mc_lovin

The third spot in midfield is a headache: pick your poison. But for me Roberto>=Puig>>Vidal>Rakitic. I am okay with not winning the champions league, but doing the same (Busquets+Vidal/Rakitic) all over again would suck.

And I am fairly in the "Frenkie is a CM" team after yesterday.

I solely picked him over Bob, because he can fill in as ST in Messi's place. Starting Bob at RCM could do too.

Anything but Raki. And again FDJ MUST play.

Who suggested he wont play? Hes a certified starter since day 1.

Vilarrubi

I solely picked him over Bob, because he can fill in as ST in Messi's place. Starting Bob at RCM could do too.

Anything but Raki. And again FDJ MUST play.

FDJ will definitely play. About your lineup above, nice, but there’s no way Suarez and Griezmann don’t play imo. Only one I can see not playing is Rakitic and I fucking hope so. If not there’s no hope for us.

FCBfan22

FDJ will definitely play. About your lineup above, nice, but there’s no way Suarez and Griezmann don’t play imo. Only one I can see not playing is Rakitic and I fucking hope so. If not there’s no hope for us.

This... I think like this too. But playing with Suarez means defending with 8 outfield players again... And that would be terrible for us against fast Bayern side.

khaled_a_d

No, I meant they have better chemistry and they can go forward instead of always slowing down the game like Raki, but of course, rest of the team is more similar to Rakitic. (Messi/Suarez), always slowing down the game.

Again. that is more of a reason not to play them together.
Both play very vertical, both lean to the left side of midfield.
And what chemistry are we talking about? They have barely played together.

Kul_z

Class.
But he needs mobility in those high intensity game by his side in mf and on flanks. Hope that dembele would get last 20 minutes against bayern that could be crucial when they start pressing us, we could make some damage on counters

FinBarcelonafan

Class.
But he needs mobility in those high intensity game by his side in mf and on flanks. Hope that dembele would get last 20 minutes against bayern that could be crucial when they start pressing us, we could make some damage on counters

That's why I don't mind Puig, maybe the best idea is to go with Vidal-Puig-DeJong and Busi. Messi and Suarez on top. Griezmann was that bad.

Vidal can work as a second striker with Suarez

Home of Barca Fans