21 - Frenkie de Jong

JPM85

First half was decent nothing specteculair. Second half has bigger ups but also way bigger downs.
Needs to watch the 15 minutes of Pjanic, that's the type of pivot midfielder we want on the pitch.

He linked up very well with short combinations with Pjanic, that's a good start.
Seems he does not have any chemistry with Busi, as they were on the same place a lot in the first half.

JohnN

He really needs to stop getting dispossessed near our penalty trying to be cute.. Other than 2-3 times he did that, he was good in his role.

mc_lovin

His movement is relentless.

The 2nd half was pretty shit, but hopefully that was down to complacency. He still needs to grow into this team, but I hope thats more of a formality.

Messi983

First half was decent nothing specteculair. Second half has bigger ups but also way bigger downs.
Needs to watch the 15 minutes of Pjanic, that's the type of pivot midfielder we want on the pitch.

He linked up very well with short combinations with Pjanic, that's a good start.
Seems he does not have any chemistry with Busi, as they were on the same place a lot in the first half.

That's more on Busi who's not used to play in this system. FDJ is. Hopefully they won't play together a lot anymore. Busi should be benched for Pjanić soon and I think FDJ-MP will do well together after they get to know/understand each other movements etc.

Porque

We're going to be exposed alot against better teams, especially with FdJ pushing up and Marc Gasol unable to move. Get ready for some 5-4 Bobby Robson (RIP) football.

FdJ making playing on the limit right now and it is showing with his critical mistakes since Koeman come here.

Klysmakabouter

You guys seem to be expecting Kevin de Bruyne level performances from FDJ at age 22. I think you are judging him too harshly.

A) Kevin de Bruyne was at Werder Bremen at 22, being loaned out from Chelsea. Didn?t make the cut at top level at that age and was nowhere near the level FDJ already is.
B) Frenkie never has been a player to give key passes, he is a connection player. He has to divide the play from deep down, connecting defense with the midfield. In this regard he?s performing just fine. Name a better connection player under the age of 25, you can?t.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans