21 - Frenkie de Jong

Mrgandalf

Curious member
The combination and chemistry between him and Busquets is the thing that make team absurd. It's not personal or blame shifting. there is no blame. I'm talking about profiles.
You really can't ignore his performances for Ajax and NT.

ItachiXXX

He actually plays better under Valverde than any coach till now for Barca

Koeman out Valverde in. He's the manager that able to make Messi still play like a GOAT while walking and ageing.

The combination and chemistry between him and Busquets is the thing that make team absurd. It's not personal or blame shifting. there is no blame. I'm talking about profiles.

Sell him back to Ajax
What happened with him ? Every big player who comes to Barca becomes much weaker.

Exposed that they're more of a hype. Barca fans just love hyping young players

Last edited:

vegitot

His performance with NT also is not really consistent. Just better than his Barca form.

BBZ8800

I am not writing him off yet.
But what if he is like guys from Atletico?
Who look good in one hard-working system, but look like an absolute shit in other clubs?

Also, I am starting to be tired of these excuses for all players: they play bad because our team is bad.

So:
1. Messi can win only when he is surrounded by prime Xavi, Iniesta, Busi, Alves.
If they are not here, a poor Messi can't deliver.
In NT team, a poor Messi can't play well.
At Barca, with current teammates, a poor Messi can't score a KO away goal for years.
2. a poor Frenkie can't play well unless if he is surrounded by 10 players who run 13 kms per match and move off the ball like crazy.
If one piece is missing, Frenkie turns to shit.
3. for 2 years we had to read excuses how a poor Arthur can't make a forward pass because bad teammates weren't making forward runs.
4. for some time we had to read posts how a poor decade of domination Dembele can't play well because his teammates are too slow for him

And similar excuses for other players.

I know, I know, all players play better when surrounded by a perfectly oiled machine.
But world class players should also be able to adapt and lead the team even if they are surrounded by teammates who are not perfect.

So, what? We have a team filled with clowns who can play well ONLY when you have 11 perfect players?

Lol.

serghei

And similar excuses for other players.

I know, I know, all players play better when surrounded by a perfectly oiled machine.
But world class players should also be able to adapt and lead the team even if they are surrounded by teammates who are not perfect.

So, what? We have a team filled with clowns who can play well ONLY when you have 11 perfect players?

Lol.

World class players are a tiny fraction of good players. And the players who can do what you say there are a tiny fraction of the world class players. Very very few players would enter a bad team with no plan and would instantly deliver despite all that. We're talking special special players.

I'd say there are only a handful like that in all Europe who are sort of on the market. Haland, Mbappe, maybe Sancho.

Imo, we need to sort out the mess so we don't need that kind of super-elite talent to look good. It's a slow process, but it has to be done. We still play like an old washed up team with physical issues. Maybe it takes longer to change these things.

Last edited:

BBZ8800

World class players are a tiny fraction of good players. And the players who can do what you say there are a tiny fraction of the world class players. Very very few players would enter a bad team with no plan and would instantly deliver despite all that. We're talking special special players.

I'd say there are only a handful like that in all Europe who are sort of on the market. Haland, Mbappe, maybe Sancho.

Imo, we need to sort out the mess so we don't need that kind of super-elite talent to look good. It's a slow process, but it has to be done. We still play like an old washed up team with physical issues. Maybe it takes longer to change these things.

I have watched Barca longer and the current Barca still isn't the bigger mess than Gaspart's Barca.
Even though, maybe it's because today Mickey Mouse teams are weaker than then, so it is hard to suck as much as then.

Anyway, my point, even then we had players who were awesome inspite of our team being a total shit.
Rivaldo was carrying the team on his shoulders.
Puyol was better and better.
Xavi was good, way better than these overrated kids (but ok, he was Xavi).

So, I am not buying those excuses.
Poor guys.
They can't play well because of this or that.

The most likely scenario is: majority of them are overrated and a product of a new generation of youtube/twitter/forums where every good pass is analyzed to death and posted and jerked off to all ovber social media.
Today a player makes 10 good passes over a few matches at Ajax, and you will get 10 youtube videos about his skills.

Imagine if Youtube existed in 90s, how many good passes/tackles would players Seedorf, Davids have.

I don't know, for me, majority of these new gen players are insanely overrated and overhyped by millions of kids who have an access to forums/social media today.
New Xavi Arthur, decade of dominance Dembele, amazing player ruined by EV Malcom.
Even players like Mbappe, Neymar etc were always overrated a lot.
Or a clown Pogba.

Everything is overrated today due to forums, social media and easy access to every game and every pass.

And also, I am tired of these shitty new type of midfielders that were born due to Pep's era.
And again, we are the most stuck in that era and obsessed with that type:

Arthur:
zero physique, slow, can't defend, can't shoot, can't score, useless in the attacking third, can't play long balls.
But hey, he can recycle possession till death and resist press :pep:
Frenkie: questionable in defending, can't shoot, can't score, can't create, can't play long balls, useless around the box.
But hey, he can recycle possession and resist press.
Puig: zero physique, can't defend, can't shoot, can't score.
He can pass and recycle possesion
Pedri: questionable in defending, can't shoot, can't score.
He can pass here and there.

What happened with football, with all-rounder midfielders who were good at physique, technique, defending, dribbles, shooting, scoring, creating, mentality?
One of our former players, who was a key factor in Rijkaard's first season when we turned from shit into the future's team who will dominate the world for the next 10 years, Edgar Davids.
Now compare his allround skills to this shit show of these new-gen possession-recycling merchants in our club:

Davids joined Barcelona on loan in January 2004 from Juventus. Joining midway through a season where the club was struggling in mid-table and recently appointed manager Frank Rijkaard was under considerable pressure, Davids led Barca's successful resurgence of form which saw them finishing second to Valencia in La Liga. Davids' arrival has been cited as the catalyst for the Catalan club's dominance of Spanish and European football during the mid-to-late 2000s (decade), with Barcelona winning La Liga the following season (after five years without winning the league title) and a La Liga and Champions League double in 2005–06.

edgar-davids-de-ligt-296369_4_641x361.jpeg

** Btw, as seen, Davids came when we were shit and midtable.
But some players like Ronnie and him were able to lift extremely shit team.

Other players, like Arthur and Frenkie can only get 100s of alibies.
It's always someone else's fault.

Last edited:

vegitot

I have watched Barca longer and the current Barca still isn't the bigger mess than Gaspart's Barca.
Even though, maybe it's because today Mickey Mouse teams are weaker than then, so it is hard to suck as much as then.

Anyway, my point, even then we had players who were awesome inspite of our team being a total shit.
Rivaldo was carrying the team on his shoulders.
Puyol was better and better.
Xavi was good, way better than these overrated kids (but ok, he was Xavi).

So, I am not buying those excuses.
Poor guys.
They can't play well because of this or that.

The most likely scenario is: majority of them are overrated and a product of a new generation of youtube/twitter/forums where every good pass is analyzed to death and posted and jerked off to all ovber social media.
Today a player makes 10 good passes over a few matches at Ajax, and you will get 10 youtube videos about his skills.

Imagine if Youtube existed in 90s, how many good passes/tackles would players Seedorf, Davids have.

I don't know, for me, majority of these new gen players are insanely overrated and overhyped by millions of kids who have an access to forums/social media today.
New Xavi Arthur, decade of dominance Dembele, amazing player ruined by EV Malcom.
Even players like Mbappe, Neymar etc were always overrated a lot.
Or a clown Pogba.

Everything is overrated today due to forums, social media and easy access to every game and every pass.

And also, I am tired of these shitty new type of midfielders that were born due to Pep's era.
And again, we are the most stuck in that era and obsessed with that type:

Arthur:
zero physique, slow, can't defend, can't shoot, can't score, useless in the attacking third, can't play long balls.
But hey, he can recycle possession till death and resist press :pep:
Frenkie: questionable in defending, can't shoot, can't score, can't create, can't play long balls, useless around the box.
But hey, he can recycle possession and resist press.
Puig: zero physique, can't defend, can't shoot, can't score.
He can pass and recycle possesion
Pedri: questionable in defending, can't shoot, can't score.
He can pass here and there.

What happened with football, with all-rounder midfielders who were good at physique, technique, defending, dribbles, shooting, scoring, creating, mentality?
One of our former players, who was a key factor in Rijkaard's first season when we turned from shit into the future's team who will dominate the world for the next 10 years, Edgar Davids.
Now compare his allround skills to this shit show of these new-gen possession-recycling merchants in our club:

edgar-davids-de-ligt-296369_4_641x361.jpeg

** Btw, as seen, Davids came when we were shit and midtable.
But some players like Ronnie and him were able to lift extremely shit team.

Other players, like Arthur and Frenkie can only get 100s of alibies.
It's always someone else's fault.

Its not like player from 90s were not overrated, especially players like Ronaldo fenomeno, Zidane, Beckham, R
Carlos...

FinBarcelonafan

Saying Frenkie is questionable in defend is just stupid. He is excellent defending. Sure he made mistake yesterday but how many times he usually saves us from a goal? Quite often. Even yesterday I remember couple key interceptions from him.

Messigician

Its not like player from 90s were not overrated, especially players like Ronaldo fenomeno, Zidane, Beckham, R
Carlos...

Ronaldo wasn't overrated.

Injuries ruined him but in his short prime he was Messi calibre talent, maybe even more explosive acceleration and speed

BBZ8800

Saying Frenkie is questionable in defend is just stupid. He is excellent defending. Sure he made mistake yesterday but how many times he usually saves us from a goal? Quite often. Even yesterday I remember couple key interceptions from him.

He is often out of position.
Made a pen yesterday.
And at least once per match he makes Rakitic's level of fuck up with bad passes around the box which lead to good chances for the opponent.

His defensive errors wouldn't be a problem if he would compensate it with an amazing attacking output.
Yet in anything related to attack, he is as useless as Arthur.

So, what is left?
1. endless running
2. passion
3. and "he is young and has potential" phrase on forums

Home of Barca Fans