21 - Frenkie de Jong

kattanib

It is just impossible for De Jong to fail in Barcelona. There are too many potential positions he can fill with little competition, he aught to do the job in one of them at least (LB, CB, CDM, and CM)

Last edited:

Tekkers

It is really surprising to me that Arthur became a "meh" player after Barcelona bought De Jong.

He had a marvelous season, but all is forgotten with a new toy.

But i get it. Guys only want tô see Frenkie playing and know that Arthur is a threat to that.

There's no need for envy. FdJ is just the better player. A better scapegoat to find would be Rakitic (if he stays) if Arthur finds himself benched. We saw what FdJ did last year in the knockout stages despite Arthur's potential

Jcar

Envy? Lol, my god.

Look, De Jong is obviously great, he has to be a starter. But some people (not everyone) here are alread shitting on Arthur for him. Thats what i disagree.

You guys dont need to turn Arthur in a bad player only because of De Jong. Arthur were the new xavi and now is called fat.

FCBfan22

In ideal world our starting midfield next year would include both Frenkie and Arthur.

But this isn't ideal world and Ernie is still our coach.

CatalinR10

Envy? Lol, my god.

Look, De Jong is obviously great, he has to be a starter. But some people (not everyone) here are alread shitting on Arthur for him. Thats what i disagree.

You guys dont need to turn Arthur in a bad player only because of De Jong. Arthur were the new xavi and now is called fat.

sup dawg

Just because 1 or 2 people here makes Arthur fat , doesn't mean the whole forum agrees with that. Almost everyone on this forum loves Arthur and rates him pretty high. Just that the most of us agree that Frenkie is a better player , doesn't mean we want Arthur benched or to be gone. No one is turning on him , we would like to see them both in the first 11 .

Dawg.

FCB1987

Banned
He'll look bang average here if both Messi and Suarez are always starting, and the midfield still has to do the work of six players.

tacticvarium

Both Suárez (because Messi can't be dropped) and Rakitić (only one of him and Busi should be starting if he ends up staying) must be dropped from the starting line-up if Barça wants to regain some dynamics and mobility.

snowy

Envy? Lol, my god.

Big fan of King Arthur and loyal servant to the crown :king: He reigns supreme in possession football. About the big balloon bellies, both he and Grizzi are probably periodizing _ err as in progressive cycling, not Tampax _ and accumulating adipose reserves for the coming year. They'll put any of our slacking player to shame with their work-rate and Valv will fall in love with them :dance:

BarçaBarça

Both Suárez (because Messi can't be dropped) and Rakitić (only one of him and Busi should be starting if he ends up staying) must be dropped from the starting line-up if Barça wants to regain some dynamics and mobility.

I ageee, and preferably Busquets as well. De Jong as DM sooner rather than later would also help a lot with dynamics.

feggydinho

He'll look bang average here if both Messi and Suarez are always starting, and the midfield still has to do the work of six players.

This is so true, I get why Barça can sometimes condone this from Messi, but Suarez!!!!! Barca needs to do something about it

VN10

Let us dispel the notion that Tackle knows what he's talking about.

Because he obviously doesn't.

Well, I'm not too impressed with Arthur either.
He can be a useful player, but I doubt he will ever have the qualities to be a starter for Barca.

De Jong is going to be a legend, I have no doubt in that.

Am I biased? ;)

xXKonan

Well, I'm not too impressed with Arthur either.
He can be a useful player, but I doubt he will ever have the qualities to be a starter for Barca.

De Jong is going to be a legend, I have no doubt in that.

Am I biased? ;)
Arthur already has shown he can be a starter here and managed to do so and with Brazil as well and signing De Jong won't change that either. If anything this will force Valverde to do everyone a favor and reduce Rakitic and Busi's role within this team.

Not trying to compare players but it's good to have both Arthur and De Jong, finally have some good CMs who are press resistant.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans