21 - Frenkie de Jong

Saladin

he'll be wanting to leave very soon, he made a huge mistake joining this current Barca

Give it a year; hopefully when Victor Font or Laporta take the reigns with Xavi as coach and Jordi Cruyff as sporting director, we will see the start of a beautiful new era. If we can get Iniesta as assistant coach or Puyol, that would be immense. Time will tell, but this club has the potential to switch from a weak club to an all-out dominating machine with the right tweaks and adaptations. I believe.

mc_lovin

I am still pretty convinced he will be the midfielder of his generation. Play him as pivot and find someone who can interchange with him from RCM (like Bruno Guimaraes!) to cover his runs. Hope for one of Puig or Pedri to become a worldclass attacking midfielder --> problem solved ;P I guess Pjanic works short term as well.

FinBarcelonafan

I am still pretty convinced he will be the midfielder of his generation. Play him as pivot and find someone who can interchange with him from RCM (like Bruno Guimaraes!) to cover his runs. Hope for one of Puig or Pedri to become a worldclass attacking midfielder --> problem solved ;P I guess Pjanic works short term as well.

I agree. He is still very young and I agree, he will go down as one of the best. I am so happy we signed him.

I agree. He is still very young and I agree, he will go down as one of the best. I am so happy we signed him.

The same thing was with Artur... Young, perspective etc. And I didnt saw de Jong play so much in last games, instead of him there was Rakitic, Busquets, Vidal... So if the time comes that he wants to leave I couldnt blame him. Only if oldies go this and next year, and Barca make some crucial changes than yes, but if it stays like now... He is leaving.

BBZ8800

The same thing was with Artur... Young, perspective etc. And I didnt saw de Jong play so much in last games, instead of him there was Rakitic, Busquets, Vidal... So if the time comes that he wants to leave I couldnt blame him. Only if oldies go this and next year, and Barca make some crucial changes than yes, but if it stays like now... He is leaving.

Arthur was very average and this is why he was the 5th pick under BOTH Valverde and Setien.
He had one good skill (shielding the ball and press resistance) and more or less nothing else.

Frenkie is injured and this is why he is not playing lately.
But there are also some question marks about him since he is a pivot who plays in 4231.
Yet we play 433 with a single pivot.
He will either have to change some things in his game or he will play as a CM here.

Basically, you are asking for:
1. from Frenkie to turn into something which he is not currently
2. for us to buy a new CM whom we don't have currently and then that new guy will have to cover for Frenkie IF he manages to change his game
3. on top of that, you are hoping for Puig to turn into a starter material, which he won't be, and Pedri who is like 17 and 3-5 years away from playing serious football

No offense, McLovin, but this is: Dreamland level 20 000.

With this way of dreaming, no wonder that coaches are always "guilty" for our team failing to reach expectations.

Last edited:

Laplacian

Arthur was very average and this is why he was the 5th pick under BOTH Valverde and Setien.
He had one good skill (shielding the ball and press resistance) and more or less nothing else.

Frenkie is injured and this is why he is not playing lately.
But there are also some question marks about him since he is a pivot who plays in 4231.
Yet we play 433 with a single pivot.
He will either have to change some things in his game or he will play as a CM here.

Basically, you are asking for:
1. from Frenkie to turn into something which he is not currently
2. for us to buy a new CM whom we don't have currently and then that new guy will have to cover for Frenkie IF he manages to change his game
3. on top of that, you are hoping for Puig to turn into a starter material, which he won't be, and Pedri who is like 17 and 3-5 years away from playing serious football

No offense, McLovin, but this is: Dreamland level 20 000.

With this way of dreaming, no wonder that coaches are always "guilty" for our team failing to reach expectations.

It's funny hearing about people expecting a world class team of 18-21 year olds from their academy. :lol:

FC B

No matter how well he'd perform against Napoli Setien will use Busquets vs. Bayern if he'll be injury free.

Home of Barca Fans