21 - Frenkie de Jong

Riordon

Watching the Ajax game. De Jong just dribbled past three players and got a penalty. This is why he is not a DM. Complete waste as a DM

BBZ8800

Rakitic, Coutinho, Umtiti and Malcom imo will be sold.

Frenkie instead of Raki.
Griezdrama instead od Cou.
De Ligt instead of Umtiti.
And if Griezmann comes, Dembele will be benched and Malcom will never play.

snowy

Malcom hardly ever gets to play anyways :-( but if Valv benches an uninjured Dembouze, man that would suck 2 the max!

VN10

Rakitic, Coutinho, Umtiti and Malcom imo will be sold.

Frenkie instead of Raki.
Griezdrama instead od Cou.
De Ligt instead of Umtiti.
And if Griezmann comes, Dembele will be benched and Malcom will never play.

I'd play with Griezmann as a striker over Suarez, then Messi and Dembele flanking Griezmann.
Also Malcom would be the first attacking back-up, which is fine. He will get there, there's loads of players who needed time to adapt.

Suarez is a meme to be honest. He lost most of his magic, but also his energy. Can't have two people walking on the pitch and Suarez doesn't have anywhere near Messi's influence on the team.

cro-man

Assuming Frenkie plays as a DM next season..

Arthur --------- ??????
--------Frenkie-----

Who would you put in the ??? position

I'd personally go for Vidal because he has shown that he is the most attacking threat in our midfield. plus he does more defensive work than busquets and rakitic combined

I think too many here take it for granted that arthur will start and succeed. I am not so sure about arthur. He started well but maybe the hype got us too soon. We really need to be carefull to judge too early. Also i feel we need someone who is more creative than de jong and arthur. Question also is if there is a need of someone who is stronger and faster so he can defend counters. Vidal is too slow and old for that role and should only be a sub like rakitic and busquets if they stay.

Hardy

There is absolutely no way Frenkie will put Busi's ass into the bench, Frenkie will play instead of Arthur with the 2 zombies untouchables.

BBZ8800

I think too many here take it for granted that arthur will start and succeed. I am not so sure about arthur. He started well but maybe the hype got us too soon. We really need to be carefull to judge too early. Also i feel we need someone who is more creative than de jong and arthur. Question also is if there is a need of someone who is stronger and faster so he can defend counters. Vidal is too slow and old for that role and should only be a sub like rakitic and busquets if they stay.

If a new coach will come, all bets are off.
But if EV will stay, he has his pecking order, the same as each of us.

Anyway, if both EV and Raki will stay, the pecking order will be:
1. Busi
2. Raki
3. a 3rd guy between Frenkie, Arthur, Vidal, Alena

If EV will be gone:
= all combinations in midfield are possible

If EV will stay and Raki will be sold:
= only then Arthur and Frenkie will play, but they will rotate with Vidal and Alena then.
Busi will play 90 minutes, Arthur will come off after 55-65 minutes.

Arthur has lost his starting spot in the last few weeks.
Plus, EV has subbed him in all 25 matches this season when he was a starter.

So, EV's opinion on Arthur and forum's opinion on Arthur are quite different.

Home of Barca Fans