21 - Frenkie de Jong

JamDav1982

I think he was at his best as a CB this season, this was against farmers too, but farmers in the lead v. Barcelona.
I see big potential for him as a CB, but I don't see so big potential for him as a MC and even less as a DMC - maybe they should just sell him then, if you are right in that he can't become a good CB.

Worse than your 'play Pique RB' v PSG shout.

By far the best De Jong has played in his time at club was when given freedom from middle of park and not CB.

This is all another 'play Puig' argument really.

akaranzo

I think he was at his best as a CB this season, this was against farmers too, but farmers in the lead v. Barcelona.
I see big potential for him as a CB, but I don't see so big potential for him as a MC and even less as a DMC - maybe they should just sell him then, if you are right in that he can't become a good CB.

What the fuck lmao. You're trolling right? There's no way someone genuinely has this stupid of an opinion.

Bobo32

It it was that easy, why didn't we fix Lenglet and Mingueza?

Completely different cases
Mingueza has looked fine as a CB, too slow for RB though I think, apart from being too bad going forward
Lenglet makes mistakes, and isn't of the general quality of De Jong. But he has some of the habits that De Jong need to train in order to play well as CB.

Joan

If he could defend, he would be a great CB. Even though it wouldn't be his best position?

Sums the argument.

fergus90

Apart from that run I thought he was pretty sloppy in possession to be honest. Nice contribution to the goal though.

Windhook

Not a great game, could be instructions or motivation. Elche in the end are no match even for this bad period at Barcelona. They never pressured us really.

Horatio

You're welcome
He is on four yellows already. Maybe was instructed to not take too much risk otherwise might not have been able to play against Sevilla.

Last edited:

pregra

Thought he started pretty meh. Then from about our goal and until the end he was great. His solutions with the ball in tight situations, and a man on his back, gets better and better. AND no other CM in the world has those darting runs with the ball. He goes past the whole opposing midfield in 4 seconds.

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent
He's finally showing his great ball-driving ability that is possible thanks to his mixture of technique, dribbling and athleticism. More of this please.

Home of Barca Fans