21 - Frenkie de Jong

Morten

Must be nice to be a young midfielder and actually get minutes, unlike, you know, Valverde and Martin.
At least Koeman gives the youth a chance.

Joan

Must be nice to be a young midfielder and actually get minutes, unlike, you know, Valverde and Martin.

That's Pedri in the squad. Fdj was brought here to be a star and would start doing much worse.

But yeah, it's nice.

Andresito

Staff member
He's regularly getting into great chances. He does it plenty of times against these scrub teams and manages to score once.

In the tougher games he probably won't get more than a half chance. Needs to be clinical by then.

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent

Are you taking the piss? :lol: De Jong was bought for 80m, he would play regardless of his performances. Valverde and Odegaard were bought for peanuts.

fergus90

The 100 touches a game orchestrator De Jong I thought we would get has been replaced by this FDJ but I approve, he's been fantastic last couple months.

malvolio

both cost real 10m combined. de jong cost us 86m and earns more than valverde+odegaard. are you trolling or something? :lol:

Joan

The 100 touches a game orchestrator De Jong I thought we would get has been replaced by this FDJ but I approve, he's been fantastic last couple months.

Exactly :p seeing this from de Jong, one would never say he used to be a top target due to "Barca DNA". But I love it.

malvolio

He's regularly getting into great chances. He does it plenty of times against these scrub teams and manages to score once.

In the tougher games he probably won't get more than a half chance. Needs to be clinical by then.

we'll have to see. it's very likely that more competent teams won't allow him to burst into the penalty area.

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent
He doesn't need to be an orchestrator, I think he found his role. Busi is running low on fumes though; looks like we have to buy a new CDM. Pity that none of Oriol/Jandro seem good enough to give a chance. FdJ won't be able to be as direct if pushed back to the DM position. The quantity and quality of his through-balls have improved a lot since assuming this new role.

Bobo32

When did we switch to 4-3-3?

Don't know if they ever did fully, but you're completely right in that both De Jong and Busquets started playing much better when they started to play more to their natural roles.
I am not convinced fully by De Jong still. I loved what I saw at Ajax, and he is improving here, but I see big flaws in his game. If he can keep scoring who cares about these flaws? He is miles better than Vidal or Keita, he can play this role, but would be best if the rest of the midfield consisted of Busquets and Puig.

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent
Don't know if they ever did fully, but you're completely right in that both De Jong and Busquets started playing much better when they started to play more to their natural roles.
I am not convinced fully by De Jong still. I loved what I saw at Ajax, and he is improving here, but I see big flaws in his game. If he can keep scoring who cares about these flaws? He is miles better than Vidal or Keita, he can play this role, but would be best if the rest of the midfield consisted of Busquets and Puig.

Your weird obsession with Puig is frankly disturbing. Didn't you call him a top-5 midfielder in the world recently or something?

Morten

both cost real 10m combined. de jong cost us 86m and earns more than valverde+odegaard. are you trolling or something? :lol:

Why the FUCK are everyone so obsessed about cost all of the sudden?

I'll have you know Martin was as good, or arguably better in the Dutch league 18/19 season than Frenkie.
This is not a joke, Frenkie wasn't born to be on a different level, its about trust, and getting actual minutes.

Home of Barca Fans