21 - Frenkie de Jong

FinBarcelonafan

Jep. Sadly Barca lacks "artillery" firepower from distance. Something what Koeman or Rivaldo have done in the past
And, yes, Rakitic.

It's weird because Coutinho and Messi are one of the best in the world. We certainly don't lack finishing from distance.(it was mentioned in some other thread, Messi and Coutinho are one of the best scoring outside the box. )

Fati_Future_BallonDor

It's weird because Coutinho and Messi are one of the best in the world. We certainly don't lack finishing from distance.(it was mentioned in some other thread, Messi and Coutinho are one of the best scoring outside the box. )

I wouldnt put Coutinho in that order anymore, when was his last long range goal ? I think against manu in 2019 if i think right. He scored outside the box goals for fun in liverpool and scored many in his first season here but since then he is meh.

JohnN

Outside the box goals shouldn't be our main weapon, but it's a good one to have sometimes. If frankie can develop this skill, together with all his other attributes, he would be a complete midfielder. He already improved his deep runs a lot this season.

Laplacian

Putting too much work at this point. Very impressive.

This period might be very beneficial for him, it's essentially forcing him to become an all rounder complete midfielder. In a more balanced and powerful setup, he might actually end up being unstoppable. Actually curious to see how that will pan out for him.

pregra

For his own good I hope he isnt stuck with us for the rest of his career. One of the few that seem to care and actually want to progress.

fergus90

To be honest he dribbled himself into blind alleys sometimes today. Ran about a lot which was commendable but over played it a lot too in my opinion.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Bayern never showed any interest in De Jong, not that he is not good, they didn’t have the need for him.

Those fans who think we don’t deserve so and so player and they should go to other clubs are the ones who should leave.

Home of Barca Fans