Page 52 of 465 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462102152 ... LastLast

Thread: 21 - Frenkie de Jong

President of FC Barcelona
    His reading of the game and defensive positioning is very impressive. I like how he easily can get past players and is always looking to play a pass forward which is why I want him as a CM as he reminds me a bit of Modric, but him as a CDM with Arthur and Coutinho as an AM might work too.

He's decently fast, very agile, good enough of a dribbler and a willing tackler.

Quote Originally Posted by Slevinn View Post
    That might be the reason why Rakitic is whipped.

Quote Originally Posted by DonAK View Post
    His reading of the game and defensive positioning is very impressive. I like how he easily can get past players and is always looking to play a pass forward which is why I want him as a CM as he reminds me a bit of Modric, but him as a CDM with Arthur and Coutinho as an AM might work too.

He's decently fast, very agile, good enough of a dribbler and a willing tackler.
    All in all, very complete player. Seems like a perfect fit and he loves Barca as well. We must get him. Forget Pogba and CO.

Quote Originally Posted by FCBfan22 View Post
    Problem is Raquel. He is as whipped as a man can be and she won't allow him moving outside Spain.
    You know her personally or what?

Improvin' Perfection!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Slevinn View Post
    That might be the reason why Rakitic is whipped.

Forum de Amigos - Stupid post prevention squad (SPPS)
    Quote Originally Posted by Raketa10 View Post
    You know her personally or what?
    It's just his personality. Read the story on him meeting Raquel told by the man himself. He almost didn't come to Barca, because she wanted to stay in Sevilla.

Also comments about Valverde.

Quote Originally Posted by DonAK View Post

It might, but won't bbt on t.

Quote Originally Posted by Givenchy View Post
    we fucked up buying both Coutinho AND Dembele.. it should of been one or the other. now we have to shoehorn Coutinho in midfield while Arthur needs to play there, Busi also and then possibly Frankie?

---------------MaTS
    Semedo-Lenglet-Umtiti-Alba
    ---------------Busi
    --------Frankie-Arthur
    -----Messi-Suarez-Dembele

is what i want to see under a decent manager. where does Coutinho play? not enough pace to be a winger yet not disciplined enough for midfield?

Dembele needs to get his shit together, he has something we seriously lack right now; pace
    I thought Frankie could be Busquets replacement
    I have a bad feeling that whenever a lesbian looks at me they think “That’s why I’m not a heterosexual”.

Dont get the Busquets-Frenkie comparisons/replacement ideas... hes much more of a Modric (not that any fair assessment is going to come from a comparison).

Quote Originally Posted by George_Costanza View Post
    I thought Frankie could be Busquets replacement
    No he's not.
    he's best with more atracking resppnsibility
    Between a rock and a hard place

Quote Originally Posted by gasgas View Post
    No he's not.
    he's best with more atracking resppnsibility
    Every time I watch Ajax, I see him playing as CB. Not sure what attacking responsibilities are you talking about?
    I have a bad feeling that whenever a lesbian looks at me they think “That’s why I’m not a heterosexual”.

Quote Originally Posted by george_costanza View Post
    every time i watch ajax, i see him playing as cb. Not sure what attacking responsibilities are you talking about?
    He has played as a midfielder in majority of games this season.

Every time I watch Ajax, I see him playing as CB. Not sure what attacking responsibilities are you talking about?
    you need to watch Ajax more.
    I dont watch them but am more informed
    Between a rock and a hard place

Blaugrana al vent
    Forum de Amigos - CR7 Undercover Fanboy Sector
    you're confusing him with De Ligt.

Quote Originally Posted by mc_lovin View Post
    Dont get the Busquets-Frenkie comparisons/replacement ideas... hes much more of a Modric (not that any fair assessment is going to come from a comparison).
    Agreed. But the most important thing is balance, and Arthur is better defensively, and Frenkie won't have to do the exact job that Busquets had to do during Xavinesta, but he still could defend when needed. The only problem is the third MF, who will be the third to make just the right balance in the MF?

I don't think Coutinho has that. But then where would he play. If it's wing, then Dembele will be left out (Malcom isn't even in the picture).