21 - Frenkie de Jong

snowy

giphy.gif
Frenkie 2-Legs' a connected guy

Foh'get 'bout it

Laplacian

When is he going to start playing as a DM now? Didn't we buy him to play him as Busquet's replacement? Isn't that what everyone here wanted from him back when he was at Ajax? We're changing to a double pivot to suit him, and he's now playing as a b2b midfielder.

khaled_a_d

You guys seem to be expecting Kevin de Bruyne level performances from FDJ at age 22. I think you are judging him too harshly.

A) Kevin de Bruyne was at Werder Bremen at 22, being loaned out from Chelsea. Didn?t make the cut at top level at that age and was nowhere near the level FDJ already is.
B) Frenkie never has been a player to give key passes, he is a connection player. He has to divide the play from deep down, connecting defense with the midfield. In this regard he?s performing just fine. Name a better connection player under the age of 25, you can?t.

Who is expecting Kevin de Bruyne level performances from him? I looked in past 5 pages and only mention of him was someone else also saying we are expecting him to be de Bruyne? But I really wonder who is this people.

When is he going to start playing as a DM now? Didn't we buy him to play him as Busquet's replacement? Isn't that what everyone here wanted from him back when he was at Ajax? We're changing to a double pivot to suit him, and he's now playing as a b2b midfielder.

I doubt it will ever happen

mc_lovin

I think you have a misconception of what kind of player he is. He wont sit in front of the defence. I can only recommend to rewatch his game vs Juventus in 18/19 - flawless performance without any "highlight" scenes. He will move around and dominate.

Thats what I expect from him short to mid term: him being the system. Like Xavi.

Last edited:

fergus90

You guys seem to be expecting Kevin de Bruyne level performances from FDJ at age 22. I think you are judging him too harshly.

A) Kevin de Bruyne was at Werder Bremen at 22, being loaned out from Chelsea. Didn?t make the cut at top level at that age and was nowhere near the level FDJ already is.
B) Frenkie never has been a player to give key passes, he is a connection player. He has to divide the play from deep down, connecting defense with the midfield. In this regard he?s performing just fine. Name a better connection player under the age of 25, you can?t.

De Bruyne not making it was more on Mourinho's poor judgement than anything else. Mourinho was great in his day but made some questionable calls on De Bruyne, Bonucci, Mata, Salah, Felipe Luis all players he never really gave a chance to and all had very good careers despite that.

kattanib

When you car gets into a total loss accident, that last thing you want to worry about is an unshined spot on your car. That is what many of you are doing with your criticism towards Stegen and De Jong

Qqqq

Sometimes. Other times it's far too easy when he's in his nonchalant mood.

Nonetheless, he is indeed a very, very gifted player.

JPM85

He is still not there yet, specially the first 25 minutes his contribution was low.

Best player of the last 20 minutes. Think he could still play for 45 minutes without fatigue

Home of Barca Fans