21 - Frenkie de Jong

Slevinn

^
You're moving him up the pitch. The more any player plays further up, the more he wants to be involved, the less he'll want to go back down permanently, especially when they're relatively young. See Marcos Llorente. Or Kante to a lesser extent.

Frenkie won't be a CDM if you continue to use him this way to take advantage of his runs. He'll sure do some defending, but he won't be a holding player anymore. Means you need +2 new names.

Doesn't change much, but there needs to be a clear idea for it going forward, else you'll end up with a misassembled midfield.

Been a while since I?ve read such BS. :lol:

Birdy

When you are the best midfielder in Europe in 18/19, and you come to Barca only to play 'Ernieball':

EerZ8QCXkAIp-rb

oops...

FinBarcelonafan

When you are the best midfielder in Europe in 18/19, and you come to Barca only to play 'Ernieball':

EerZ8QCXkAIp-rb

oops...

Yeah, you can see DeJong doesn't fit this team perfectly and the ideology of the amigos. He wants to play faster when all the other amigos slow down the game. I wonder what he could do if he had few players with similar mindset on this team. I think Dembele and Semedo suffers from the same. They are too fast for their own good.

Napoli game was probably the best game in Barca jersey for him.

Fati_Future_BallonDor

Yeah, you can see DeJong doesn't fit this team perfectly and the ideology of the amigos. He wants to play faster when all the other amigos slow down the game. I wonder what he could do if he had few players with similar mindset on this team. I think Dembele and Semedo suffers from the same. They are too fast for their own good.

Napoli game was probably the best game in Barca jersey for him.

Yeah last year at Ajax when they played fast direct football he was always outstanding. This guy literally destroyed the midfield from Real madrid and Juventus on his own. I think Man City would be the best option for him but I am very very happy that he is playing for us.

fergus90

Honestly didn't think he was too bad, I quite honestly believe he's the only one along with Messi who gets into or close to any XI.

snowy

Grrrrrrrrrr gruyere neutered him today. Since he and Alba were our fastest players actually on the pitch, and they were pretty much useless in position, should've just left and gone forward. Those through run at the beginning that Suarez almost won, they'd have been 1 v 1 with baby fat face.

Caramba! there's literally NO TEAM I wanna beat more than Bayern now. I'm back to being friends with Pool :pirate:

Home of Barca Fans