21 - Frenkie de Jong

kattanib

With Busi guaranteed to start, I think Bob, Busi, DJ will be the main midfield.

DJ has the drive and energy like Bob to help cover the gaps that the fullbacks leave behind so I think he'll do well in that role.

I wouldn?t mind that at all, coupling it with one defensive minded RB or LB .. which we don?t have

serghei

With Busi guaranteed to start, I think Bob, Busi, DJ will be the main midfield.

DJ has the drive and energy like Bob to help cover the gaps that the fullbacks leave behind so I think he'll do well in that role.

It is the 2nd best setup imo.

I would personally want to see, at least in these easier games, Puig - De Jong - Roberto. With 2 fast fullbacks like Alba and Semedo, and with this energetic midfield, consisting of 3 players with good speed and stamina, we can try to perfect this 4-3-1-2 and see how good we can play using it.

Last edited:

JamDav1982

Setien will need to start playing a midfield that will be there for Napoli game soon.

With both Busi and Vidal suspended need to try out another set up prior to that game.

When all fit I think it may be Roberto on right of three where Vidal was v Villareal and FDJ on the left.

serghei

Setien will need to start playing a midfield that will be there for Napoli game soon.

With both Busi and Vidal suspended need to try out another set up prior to that game.

When all fit I think it may be Roberto on right of three where Vidal was v Villareal and FDJ on the left.

And who on DM? Rakitic?

Tackle

Would rather drop Busi and go with Pjanic-De Jong-Roberto, but not realistic I know. Also Vidal is pretty much shite in any role greater than injecting a bit of life into the team as a sub. If Rakitic stays he will get many minutes simply based on being a veteran and never being injured. If Puig has a few poor performances it will be difficult for him to work his way back into the fold especially if we are in a tight title race.

Busi is an anchor and FDJ will have to sit tight until he decides to call it a career.

serghei

Anyway, Roberto had a partidazo vs Villareal. He needs to be tried in midfield from now on consistently, to see if he can maintain that level.

JamDav1982

Roberto will be move to right if Semedo is the RB would think.

Semedo offers so little going forward it is probably the reason Vidal was so far up park v Villareal and Semedo can sit a bit more.

Also Semedo sitting back a bit more can help cover for Pique being exposed to pace.

If Setien stays and Barca go with this formation next season then badly need a RB that is better in final thirs.

serghei

Roberto will be move to right if Semedo is the RB would think.

Semedo offers so little going forward it is probably the reason Vidal was so far up park v Villareal and Semedo can sit a bit more.

Also Semedo sitting back a bit more can help cover for Pique being exposed to pace.

If Setien stays and Barca go with this formation next season then badly need a RB that is better in final thirs.

Semedo - Roberto RB-RCM pair makes a lot of sense. They could time between each other when one goes and one the other drops a bit to protect the ride side for counters. I agree, Semedo should attack less, and be more defensive to protect the slow back line for counters.

Alba would be the one to push up the flank more anyway.

JamDav1982

Semedo - Roberto RB-RCM pair makes a lot of sense. They could time between each other when one goes and one the other drops a bit to protect the ride side for counters. I agree, Semedo should attack less, and be more defensive to protect the slow back line for counters.

Alba would be the one to push up the flank more anyway.

The job that Roberto did in midfield vs Villareal on the left would suit FDJ to a tee as well.

Roberto kept picking up the ball and driving inside at the defence of Villareal and disrupting them. As soon as they have to close him down it opened up options for Alba and the front three.

It is something Pep is obsessed with.. driving at the CBs to upset the opposition defence and open up options.

Risky formation as leaves slow DM and CB exposed but Barca have no option at this point as 433 with old legs is doomed to failure not matter what now.

serghei

The job that Roberto did in midfield vs Villareal on the left would suit FDJ to a tee as well.

Roberto kept picking up the ball and driving inside at the defence of Villareal and disrupting them. As soon as they have to close him down it opened up options for Alba and the front three.

It is something Pep is obsessed with.. driving at the CBs to upset the opposition defence and open up options.

Risky formation as leaves slow DM and CB exposed but Barca have no option at this point as 433 with old legs is doomed to failure not matter what now.

Yea, it's risky, but especially in La Liga it could work well and make for more fun games to see for fans. We generate a lot more chances with our possession when we play in this orientation and shape.

And in CL, we've been beaten badly with our more cautious approach anyway. So, it's not like we have much to lose playing this way.

messi2140

6racies Xavi
Nothing to play for , gets subbed in the last 10 minutes and the cow herder still plays him as a CAM. Give it one more year of him playing so advanced on the pitch and he will become irrelevant.

xXKonan

We should really start building the Midfield around him.

We spent far to much money for him to be used as some sort of water carrier for aging legs. It's like spending thousends of dollars building a brand new high end gaming PC, only to use it to play Minecraft or flash games.

Home of Barca Fans