21 - Frenkie de Jong

CatalinR10

Screen-Shot-2020-02-12-at-1-57-03-AM.png

was about to say that five shots in six games is actually low as fuck , only to read further that he had almost same amount in 26 games. Fucking pathetic.

serghei

was about to say that five shots in six games is actually low as fuck , only to read further that he had almost same amount in 26 games. Fucking pathetic.

Some of this is also forced. We are short of goals with the injury of Suarez and the poor finishing form of Messi. The midfielders will have to help the offense more, shoot more and score more. So, it's a good sign both Busi and De Jong scored away.

SG-7

Very dumbfounding that Amigos like Rakitic/Vidal/Busquets and the likes get to have favorable, sympathetic reviews of their performances where they get to play in their natural positions and have a proven track record of shitting the bed in the biggest games. While new players like FDJ and Griezmann get blasted despite being played in wrong position almost exclusively.

Just look at the way FDJ played at Ajax/Netherlands compared to Barca. Didn't have to play with his back to goal for a vast majority of the game, instead he got to drive the ball from deeper areas in the pitch with full vision of the field ahead of him. He ran the show and had a huge area of impact on the pitch, often getting 100+ touches every game. Even in a great game he played vs Betis in this role, he still barely cracked 66 touches.

Our insistence on sticking with the carcass of Busquets at the base of our midfield is the reason FDJ has been held back. Put him in the pivot role with guys like Vidal and Arthur in front of him, and he'll shine. As a deep lying midfield general, FDJ gets to demonstrate that he is one of the most industrious and high IQ midfielders in the world. At this new pseudo attacking midfielder role, he is chained and becomes just another guy with good technique/vision and more limited touches.

Mate this is so true. The one time FDJ actually played in Busquets role...he killed it! I think it was a game under valverde last year. Was by far one of his best performances and he even said so after the game.
Now if this is the case...why cant anyone else see that he should be Busquets replacement? This is really whats fuking frustrating. You have the players to make a decent squad...but playing them all out of position and giving starting positions to players that don't warrent it! Busquets should be a sub at best from now one...he cant keep up with the pace of the attackers anymore.

pregra

So negative in his play. Takes no risks whatsoever. How about trying to go past some players if that is your supposed quality? Backpass after backpass after backpass.

M3ls

I don’t understand why Kike uses it on the right in midfield and not on the left.

Although stop. I guess. Someone should clean up for Leo Messi who walks without a ball.

Nazario1985

I don’t understand why Kike uses it on the right in midfield and not on the left.

Although stop. I guess. Someone should clean up for Leo Messi who walks without a ball.

The guy missed every ball touch and was easily dispossessed, Messi's Fault .. of course

pregra

So far this transfer is on Coutinho, Dembele, Griezmann levels. De Jong brings nothing that Alena couldn’t have done.

Toecrusher

Frenkie as an advanced midfielder is a total waste and misuse of his best talents (bringing the ball out from deep, avoiding the press, through the line passes, winning the ball) and he looks very uncomfortable.

Busquets need to be moved aside and Frenkie given a run at the DM spot - only then would it be fair to judge him.

Eshez

He wasn't even an advanced midfielder today, basically all his touches were in his own half. I think the excuses get a little old, he just hasn't been that good.

Home of Barca Fans