21 - Frenkie de Jong

mc_lovin

Well, Ajax as a whole looked terrible. Watched from minute 20-45 and he looked alright. He needs quality players around him though. His teammates couldnt play simple passes into space to him. The pitch was shit as well. His technique and pass resistance arent a concern to me, he looks top class in that aspects. What I dont like about him is his nonchalance.

EdmondDantes

Very worrying.

I hope he's not in line to follow Depay, Janssen and Klaassen to be the 4th 'best player of the Eredivisie' flop.

I trust in his perceive talent for that not to happen but he'll have a tough road ahead of him to adapt here since the Dutch league these days is very much semi-pro level. They even have plastic pitches.

Take a look at how Klopp nurtured his midfielder Fabinho, from a better league, with plenty of experience and yet he took 4 months to make the bench and now he looks excellent.

With Valverde here, I think even Alena will be ahead of him.

FCBfan22

Very worrying.

I hope he's not in line to follow Depay, Janssen and Klaassen to be the 4th 'best player of the Eredivisie' flop.

I trust in his perceive talent for that not to happen but he'll have a tough road ahead of him to adapt here since the Dutch league these days is very much semi-pro level. They even have plastic pitches.

Take a look at how Klopp nurtured his midfielder Fabinho, from a better league, with plenty of experience and yet he took 4 months to make the bench and now he looks excellent.

With Valverde here, I think even Alena will be ahead of him.

He was doubtful to play before the game and came off injured... Seems like a stupid coaching decision. So, I wouldn't read too much into his performance today.

But, if this continues, it's worrying.

That said, he was the best player during some of the post winter break Ajax shitshows. Maybe he just had enough.

serghei

Stop worrying guys. Playing in La Liga is harder than playing in Eredivisie, no doubt, but also playing in a team filled with top class players is easier than playing in a team of youngsters where you are the best player.

EdmondDantes

I know but after Coutinho, I'm getting scared of these exorbitantly big money signings. And Coutinho came from a top league.

Plus, the Eredivisie has been a minefield over the last few years.

FCBfan22

I know but after Coutinho, I'm getting scared of these exorbitantly big money signings. And Coutinho came from a top league.

Plus, the Eredivisie has been a minefield over the last few years.

True, but look at Dembouz and the amount of horseshit shoved into his face by the media. And now he is our 2nd most important player in the squad. It can go both ways.

EdmondDantes

True, but look at Dembouz and the amount of horseshit shoved into his face by the media. And now he is our 2nd most important player in the squad. It can go both ways.

Dembele was a mercurial talent right from the start - before he even turned pro in France. De Jong is not that. Super talented? Yes. But not Dembele, Mbappe level, no.

And I still reiterate/maintain I feel Dembele is a more talented player than Mbappe.

mc_lovin

Midfielders have different trajectories than forwards. I have pretty much the same feeling as with Arthur - zero doubt that he will make it here.

serghei

If someone like Frenkie who is Barca DNA through and through doesn't make it here we need to fire everybody.

Home of Barca Fans