21 - Frenkie de Jong

henias

are you Seri-ous?

i don't doubt the forum could hype him to levels hes not currently at but comparing him to Seri is stupid

He thinks he is the smart one, complaining and generalising the forum but always makes a fool out of himself. :lol:

Ursegor

World Champion
It's clear that 90 % of the people talking about de Jong here haven't even watched 3 consecutive Ajax games in their lives. lol

Barcilliant

😃 😃

So much drama over De Jong. 😂 Look, he's a prospect and a good one. However a ton of good prospects have fallen by the wayside. Barca will always be Barca. The only one player who comes close to being as big as the club itself is Messi. And, he's the goat.

De Jong knows the score with Qsg. If that's his choice so be it. Let's see how Lyons young guns fare against us. If they impress we could see Ndombele or Aouar join us.

I honestly think De Jong is overrated. I could be wrong though.

Another thought. If you were a young player would you want to have a manager like Valverde?

MTL_Barca

I'm sure the people in charge at Barca and PSG also didn't watch 3 games of this average scrub. Probably just want to buy him because of YT and forum hype smh

Donatello

Obviously I love FDJ as a player, I do think he has the potential to be one of the best. But Barça is more important than any player. Barça shouldn't never make a whore of itself just to seduce a player. This dumbass board did that already with Neymar and God knows how much I hate them for that.

FDJ may be the generational talent as it's often said. But it's okay, there are other promising guys. If he ends up at PSG, we should focus on Aouar and Puig's development. These two are incredible talents too. Arthur already looks like a starter at 22.

The main problem is the same though: I don't trust this board, I don't trust their ability to make the right choices for the club.

+1.

And IMO calling him Farmer De Jong is bit too harsh.

He chose PSG, its his personal call, he didn't promise anything beforehand, he liked Barca posts maybe because he liked us. Maybe he knew it would be easy to break into PSG first team, play in a relatively easier league, which might act as a platform to showcase him at the world stage in the best possible way.

He is 21, still young, bit unproven, bit of a gamble. Who knows what the future holds. Maybe he flops, maybe he becomes a WC player, and does a Rabiot 2.0, or maybe just moves to Barca later.

We should focus on other targets rather than focusing on the lost cause.

Last edited:

Cule4life

The Culest
I don't read all topics here, but from what I remember, Ursegor's predictions are usually quite good.

Just like yours? Takes one to know i guess.....

Meanwhile keep ignoring my requests for replies in multiple threads (Arthur, Dembele etc. etc.)

If true that he goes to PSG, Barca dodged a bullet. He's a Jean Seri level talent. 75 million + whatever dream wages. lol

Barcaforum really knows how to hype up random above average passers of the ball from offensive-minded teams. Not everyone with that attribute is the second coming of Xavi.

Finally got time from your yacht and bimbos?

Instead of crying sour grapes please tell us what non Jean Seri level talents are out there that we should sign. Or do you think Raki and Busquets should start games until they're 40?

And while you have time from your bling bling life please apply this level of critical analysis in the Valverde thread.

Ajax

According to Dutch media Barca matched the 75m offer. No reports on the offered salary

Overmars is probably on the phone with Qatar now for a new bid

All that salty farmer stuff is a bit childish. Its ajax trying to max the profitz and Dorsun trying to get the best deal. For all you know FdJ is on the phone everyday begging to lick the balls of messi but his manager has to follow the strategy laid out by Overmars.

Ajax wants the highest bid. FdJ (may) want to go to Barca. Overmars knows they will lowball if that is known. Dorsun has to play ball so Oveŕmars can unleash a bidding war..

Leo_Messi

Not sure from where MD has this information from or if it is even genuine or how close Frenkie is with his father, however it is claimed by MD that de Jong will take a decision next week after talking with his family and that his father is in favor of a move to Barça although the final decision will be Frenkie's of course.

Apparently his father is well-informed about the club's plans for Frenkie ever since he went to BCN to met with Pep Segura and Robert Fernández last summer. Talk about that the father knows that his son's dream is to play for Barça and with his idol Messi.

Apparently his father told some Dutch media (Voetbal Premium) back in December, here I quote, " that there is a 95% chance of Frankie leaving Ajax and Barça would be the best destination".

https://www.mundodeportivo.com/futb.../454206404455/barca-frenkie-de-jong-ajax.html

You are welcome.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
We can't match Qatar offer. They can easily offer way more under the table or via some bogus sponsorship deal.

Choice is money or Barca. Because Paris sure as hell is not city it was 50 years ago.

Leo_Messi

We can't match Qatar offer. They can easily offer way more under the table or via some bogus sponsorship deal.

Choice is money or Barca. Because Paris sure as hell is not city it was 50 years ago.

A better question is how can QSG even afford him in the first place knowing their FFP situation? Is the corrupt fool Infantino and UEFA sleeping again? It is a joke. They should not even be in the race.

Not only is Paris not what it once was, BCN is the more beautiful city with a much better climate and much more beautiful landscapes and a much more beautiful neighborhood.

Of course that is without saying that a comparison between Barça and QSG is an insult to Barça. If de Jong has any sanity he would not doubt even for a moment which club to choose. The club should give de Jong an ultimatum and quickly move towards other targets if it will take him an eternity to decide.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans