21 - Frenkie de Jong

George_Costanza

Get this guy instead of Rabiot and his shit entourage.

Rabiot won't come. He is waiting to meet Nasser this week to tell him he is looking for a new improved contract which he will get. Many players learned the trick and use Barca exclusively to improve their contract. Half of PSG teammates already giving him a tip or two.

9781118092736_copy.jpg

JamDav1982

Win win.

Barca make PSG pay more to keep him.

Makes you wonder why PSG want to keep such a supposedly average player when could cash in on him for a great deal...

Sorin

If they ever decide to sell in the next 2 or 3 years they'll have a bit more leverage and could ask for more as there will be good sized market for him. Will also benefit from having decent depth for the time being.

IMO, PSG will look for something better in the next years.

Last edited:

JamDav1982

If they ever decide to sell in the next 2 or 3 years they'll have a bit more leverage and could ask for more as there will be good sized market for him. Will also benefit from having decent depth.

IMO, PSG will look for something better in the next years.

He is a starter for them and will continue to be.

There is every reason to sell him if he is a average as is made out on here but they want to keep him and pay him big wages.

khaled_a_d

I'd rather overpay for De Jong than Rabiot any day of the week. Especially when that means overpaying badly for a completely mediocre player, giving him outrageous wages, and doing PSG a favor that allows them to get Kante.

De Jong is far more worth the investment. Obviously a target like Kante or Thiago is the best case scenario but both of those are highly unlikely to happen.

De Jong is a decent versatile back up player for us for 3 positions (CB/DM/CM) which might develop one day into starting player although it is very unlikely, a player like that is actually important and would like to get him for cheap but that doesn't seem the case.

And I am not sure why you bring Rabiot into the discussion, one possible mistake doesn't warrant another one, never mind that while Rabiot seem to be misfit he is far better player than FDJ and has way higher resale value.

Exactly what i meant. And you misunderstood me about the 50M, SeloBarca. I just said don't blow it on Rabiot a.k.a. another Gomes (will explain why down below), i didn't mean that we needed to pay 50M for De Jong, cause i don't think Ajax would sell as high as PSG, especially with the good relations that we have with eachother.

This is a myth, I have yet to see anything suggesting we have a good relation with Ajax, unless you think using us to get players for cheap is a good relation, Ajax will squeeze us and make us bleed for any player we try to sign.
PSG will try to keep Rabiot by offering larger contract, but if he told them it is Barca or leaving for free next year they will have to sell for us and for reasonable price, PSG was close to giving us Di Maria last summer but thankfully we didn't make acceptable offer for them and ADM had long contract with them

Sorin

So is it a good deal or bad deal for them in your opinion if they turn down 40-50m and put him on a higher contract?

They'll never get 50m for him with one year to go on that contract. They can ask for that, they'll not get it imo. Has anyone offered anything remotely close to that?

I rate Rabiot as a decent to good player but PSG could certainly do better. He can help them but it doesn't quite put them over the top in the CL. It will not be a bad decision from a financial perspective because they can fetch a better fee as soon as next year with more years on his contract and there will still be a market for him. From a quality perspective, it's a poor decision to keep Rabiot as a starter while trying to win the CL. We'll have to wait and see, I guess.

JamDav1982

They'll never get 50m for him with one year to go on that contract. They can ask for that, they'll not get it imo. Has anyone offered anything remotely close to that?

I rate Rabiot as a decent to good player but PSG could certainly do better. He can help them but it doesn't quite put them over the top in the CL. It will not be a bad decision from a financial perspective because they can fetch a better fee as soon as next year with more years on his contract and there will still be a market for him. From a quality perspective, it's a poor decision to keep Rabiot as a starter while trying to win the CL. We'll have to wait and see.

Rumoured fee for Barca 40-50m.

If accurate - good deal for PSG or bad?

Home of Barca Fans