21 - Frenkie de Jong

JamDav1982

Romero tweets about already known transfer rumours.

Flips back and forth on whether will or wont happen.

Settles one way or other when coming to crunch and acts like ITK if correct and claims club is to blame for feeding false information of wrong.

Thats about it.

xXKonan

Last summer made Romero a joke and for good reasons as well.

Funny how he doesn't speak out until reliable journalists start talking about targets first. It's like he waits until rumors are in circulation by reliable outlets etc and then he speaks. Easiest way to gain trust from people and when he gets it wrong he says the club's fault for feeding him info.

He is reliable for Barca B and youth teams and in the past with Barcelona as well. But I have a feeling that someone stopped feeding him real Info at least as of Last summer and he's mostly in the dark most of the time now.

Xaviniesta

I watched some highlights and he looks like a taller version of Modric, especially in the way he glides past players

Donatello

On 3rd July, Rac1 claimed De Jong won't be sold by Ajax this year & that Barca have been told to wait for one year.

Since then I haven't heard any reliable source linking us to De jong.

Is the deal off, for now?

Last edited:

FC433

According to Sport, Barca is back for him. Please do not crowd the midfield, it is either him or Rabiot.

Thoughts?

Givenchy

According to Sport, Barca is back for him. Please do not crowd the midfield, it is either him or Rabiot.

Thoughts?

i wanted a big name near-world class signing for midfield but if its FdJ vs Rabiot I'll take the Ajax man any day

and @above. this is what makes me pessimistic no matter who we buy, EV will probably treat them the same way as Semedo, Dembele and this season probablu Alena

Joan

Thoughts?

Depends on who we manage to sell.

If we can get him, I'd also offload Mina so he can play more.

if out: Denis, Gomes, Samper, Rafinha, we'd have: Busquets, Rakitić, Arthur, Coutinho, Alena, De Jong - not the smartest move since 3 out of 6 are young, unproven players, not too versatile either.

I'd go Rabiot anyways.

FC433

Frenkie de young under valverde...yeah...I'd prefer to loan him or wait until Valverde is gone
I understand, but nothing we can do, unfortunately.

i wanted a big name near-world class signing for midfield but if its FdJ vs Rabiot I'll take the Ajax man any day

and @above. this is what makes me pessimistic no matter who we buy, EV will probably treat them the same way as Semedo, Dembele and this season probablu Alena
I agree. I think we should get an established CM if we were to get one. Alena and Arthur are enough to have as young CMs. But we never know we might get him and another CM, which I think that is going to be a very poor move.

Depends on who we manage to sell.

If we can get him, I'd also offload Mina so he can play more.

if out: Denis, Gomes, Samper, Rafinha, we'd have: Busquets, Rakitić, Arthur, Coutinho, Alena, De Jong - not the smartest move since 3 out of 6 are young, unproven players, not too versatile either.

I'd go Rabiot anyways.

I agree with you. For me I would give Samper a season, he earned it. Samper and Busquets as CDM, Arthur and Rakitic as RCM, Alena and Coutinho as LCM and Roberto as a backup for all three spots. An excellent midfield with quality and potential. I would not mind great names such as Pjanić or Eriksen though.

I also would love FDJ, but not this season.

FC433

Sign Rabiot, sign de Jong and loan back for 1 year to Ajax. In 2019 sell rakitic and have CM of Arthur, de Jong, Rabiot, Alena

Then we cannot really blame our talents when they leave. We have got plenty of promising CMs. We lack wingers.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Have Sport dropped the Hazard exclusive already? :lol: :lol:

Gutter press. Them and MD both. Although MD seem to have gotten the Rabiot thing right.

Home of Barca Fans