Lautaro Martinez

serghei

If we get Lautaro and somehow secure a winger and a CB, I would wait for the midfielder signing 1 more year and keep Vidal.

Andresito

Staff member
My only question is why in hell can't we sign players before they go to other clubs & cost billions.

Regarding Lautaro he hadn't been that impressive in Argentina with 27 goals in 60 games. He was 21 when Inter bought him for 25M in 2018, a relatively high price.

He has played 63 games for Inter since joining and that's exactly what he needed. He wouldn't be half the player had he joined us, because we know Suárez would play 90% of the games ahead of an inexperienced Lautaro.

Could also blame lack of long term planning. At Barca players are milked out to the last drop and then replaced, instead of having someone grow into the role like Militão is doing behind Varane and Ramos, or even Jovic.

khaled_a_d

If we get Lautaro and somehow secure a winger and a CB, I would wait for the midfielder signing 1 more year and keep Vidal.

Well,we had already signed a winger and midfielder for the summer.
Thing is,they cost us 37M, with Lautaro 110, will we have money for starting CB?

Marshall D Teach

The insane wages we pay are a bigger issue than the transfer fees. They’re the reason we’re unable to get rid of expensive signings if they flop. It also creates a feedback loop of future signings demanding ever higher wages.

Last edited:

khaled_a_d

After the Coutinho and Dembele debacle one thing is for sure. They need a forward who's great at making runs off the ball. We can only afford one player that need the ball and that's Messi.

Look at Liverpool. All of their forwards work hard off the ball, are constantly making runs behind making it easier for their midfielders to play a pass over the top or split defenders if they're able to.

That is true, but there is another area that need to be looked at when we go for a striker. The ability to operate with his back to the goal. To make passes and plays when he receives the ball with defender on his back and make something for it.
Suarez is/was brilliant at it, one of the main reasons he is great fit for Messi. Benzema is also great at that and this was influential in his career, Higuain too made life easier for everyone with it (until he misses chances in the finals) and even in your example; the liverpool trio Firmino is good at that aspect, making life easier for Mane & Salah.

I didn't watch Lautaro that much, from what I've watched he isn't that player. But if you watch him more you can tell me if he has that ability to`r not. Because it is one of those underrated aspects that could be the make or break for players.

How about an RB worthy of playing for us?

We have so many needs, and that is why I am against getting Lautaro.
Don't think we need 110M player anymore, although we surely need a guy who can get us 20-30 goals per season.

Tackle

[tw]1228229589488422912[/tw]

Another 100m+ player that isn't proven enough that we're going to be moaning about being a "bad fit" within the first 6 months.

Get Aubameyang (1 year remaining on his contract) for 50m in the summer as a stop-gap for a few seasons and wait to see how Haaland and other talents develop. I think it has been repeatedly documented that we do not do well with big money desperation signings.

mc_lovin

Not proven enough? I always thought he would succeed when he made his first steps in European football. Some players just have "it". His signing would be more in the mold of Frenkie than Coutinho/Griezmann - hes a great fit. Mobile, technically strong, good dribbler, fast... and tenacious. Hes the best striker on the market. Aubameyang would be as risky as Lautaro if you consider resale value (and shortterm) - theres only one winner given the choice.

As for Haaland: Am I the only one whos glad that hes not an option right now (aka bound to Dortmund for 2 more years)? He looks clumsy, technically average.

El Gato

Villarato!
[tw]1228229589488422912[/tw]

Another 100m+ player that isn't proven enough that we're going to be moaning about being a "bad fit" within the first 6 months.

Get Aubameyang (1 year remaining on his contract) for 50m in the summer as a stop-gap for a few seasons and wait to see how Haaland and other talents develop. I think it has been repeatedly documented that we do not do well with big money desperation signings.

Stop gaps are not something a serious project employs.

Home of Barca Fans