Lautaro Martinez

serghei

As long as we have Messi and Griezmann I don't believe there's a need for a #9, especially not someone like Lautaro. Unless you can obviously sign Mbappé as he can play in the middle or out wide.

I think we need a consistent game changer at the LW.

It's complicated. Messi doesn't want to play '9' - either full or false, nor winger. He wants to play as a CAM. Either we get a manager with a clear plan to convince him to change his ways and show him he can be involved while playing in those positions (I mean, fuck, look at how Salah and Mane are sooo influential each game playing as wingers under a great manager with a clear plan), or we alter the system to suit his CAM role with minimal damage to our shape. And that system is either 4-2-3-1 or a 4-1-2-1-2 (also known as diamond 4-4-2).

Those are the only solutions. If we go with a diamond 4-4-2, then we can use Griezmann and Lautaro up front, Messi as a no10 behind them. Depending on what plan we have, and if we play with wide wingers or with inside forwards (I hope there is a plan which doesn't include the moron we currently have as a manager) we need a winger, or a forward. Either way, we still need a box to box midfielder to replace Vidal with.

My hope is we get rid of Valverde as soon as possible and get someone who can convince Messi to play on the right, for 2 more years, after which he can retire on a high with 1 more CL under his belt, like Xavi did.

pregra

Thought he was good vs Brazil. Only had one clear scoring chance but feck me, his work rate is something else. Never gives up a ball. And a lot stronger than he initially looks.

BBZ8800

He has 63 shots, 8 goals this season.
7,9 shots needed per goal

Haaland has 11 shots, 7 goals in a CL.

Imagine having Lautaro and Griezmann in attack.
Tons of workrate and linking up, zero goals.

Paired with Arthur and Frenkie who also can't score.

Lautaro again has quite shit scoring numbers, now when the sample of games is larger.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Messi could retire at the end of 2020 or 2021.
He won't play too long, he will be tired and weaker.

Coutinho was sold after 18 Months.
Why should Griezz get more than that?

For me, till now, Griezz has played more horrible than Coutinho.
Plus, the elections are in 2021.
A half of a team could be gone that summer if we'll get a new president.

Griezmann can still come good, we'll have to see what happens though. I think he'll stay for a minimum of two seasons including this one.

No guarantee a new board will come in. This board's succession candidate might still win.

serghei

Griezmann can still come good, we'll have to see what happens though. I think he'll stay for a minimum of two seasons including this one.

No guarantee a new board will come in. This board's succession candidate might still win.

If Valverde stays for another year Griezmann will indeed be the new Coutinho.

Griezmann
Dembele
Coutinho

That's more than 400m. wasted by a dumb board and an incompetent moron of a manager. Liverpool and Klopp built a formidable side with half that. Talk about a waste of money.

mc_lovin

I wouldnt put that on Valverde (Im not sure he can veto transfers). Thats 100% on this board. Making him work with Messi is a nearly impossible task.

Nello

Messi could retire at the end of 2020 or 2021.
He won't play too long, he will be tired and weaker.

Coutinho was sold after 18 Months.
Why should Griezz get more than that?

For me, till now, Griezz has played more horrible than Coutinho.
Plus, the elections are in 2021.
A half of a team could be gone that summer if we'll get a new president.

Sad but true. Coutinho at least had his moments in the beginning, so far Griezmann hasn't done much and I'm not sure how he'll be for us in the future. At least not in this current team.

Sorin

Another 2 goals by Martinez. This dude has taken a step forward under Conte. If he continues like this I won't mind having him here instead of Suarez next summer.

Sorin

2020 Valverde: "Oh, we need wingers, why don't I put Martinez next to Messi and Suarez. Should work a charm"

Hopefully he fucks off in the summer and we can leave the memories of this imbecile behind us.

Batistuta9

Best young striker in the world at the moment. Incredible work rate and can't stop scoring. At 22 years old, probably worth the 111m release clause in this market

soul24rage

On fire right now. He is one of the very few strikers to keep on eye on.

Speaks Spanish which will help him adapt faster, have great traits of a Barca striker, already has a good connection with Messi.

However, I would still wait until the end of the 20/21 season to see if he can keep up this consistency. but so far looking good.

Home of Barca Fans