Lautaro Martinez

Xavinho

0202_lautaro_martinez_argentina_g_telam.jpg

Club: Racing Club
Date of birth: 22 August 1997 (age 20)
Place of birth: Bahía Blanca, Argentina
Height: 1.75 m (5 ft 9 in)
Position: Striker

I haven't seen a lot of him yet, but apparently he's a very talented young Argentine striker. Lots of reports of him being close to signing with Atleti, but then he's been linked to several European clubs over the last few months.

michelco

According to his agent Valencia has a preferential option in him, however they are unlikely to be willing to match the 12ME bid from Atletico

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Really looking forward to see how he does this season. Inter might well have Argentina's next two first choice strikers.

What are your expectations of him and how do you think Spalletti will utilize him and Icardi together? @Razor

Chainsaw

Killahead
Really looking forward to see how he does this season. Inter might well have Argentina's next two first choice strikers.

What are your expectations of him and how do you think Spalletti will utilize him and Icardi together? @Razor

Sorry for the late answer. Just logged in to the forum after a long time.

Minus one match where Icardi and Martinez started together they haven't played much together and that's a disappointment. I was skeptical about how Spalletti is gonna play him and Icardi together, as he's very much in love with his 4-2-3-1 and I haven't seen much changes in his approach so far. I would like him to try 3-2-3-2 to see how it goes, but so far nothing.

-----------Icardi----Martinez----------
----Perisic---Nainggolan---Politano---
--------Brozovic---Gagliardini---------
----De Vrij---Miranda----Skriniar -----
---------------Handanovic--------------

Inter has a history of ruining young talents on the bench and then selling them for peasants and I hope the same doesn't happen for Martinez. I hope the kid gets enough playing time and grow as a player because he has enormous potential which needs to be fulfilled by playing.

EdmondDantes

Thanks for rectifying it. Google search let me down.

And that's exactly where I was getting at 'creating' the thread - I was hoping someone would post the volley he'd just scored. He's been on fire for Inter this pre-season.

Messi983

It's only preseason but he does look like the real deal.

Inter is playing really well and they are still without Nainggolan and Vrsaljko and are apparently also close to sign Keita Balde. I expect them to have a good season.

Catta

It seems Inter struck gold with him, they always had great Argies in their team, and Lautaro could be another one. Barca should keep an eye on him.

EdmondDantes

How has he been so far this season?

I see he's been on the bench a bit. I've secretly have either him or Richarlison as possible Suarez like replacements for our new eventual 9.

Home of Barca Fans