Lautaro Martinez

Riordon

There is no question that Werner and Haaland are better strikers than Lautaro, but none of them is coming to Barcelona. And the reason(s) for that are several:

Barca is in total mess at the moment as an organization and there is still investigation going on for corruption and money laundering.

Barca is obviously an aged club with all 32-33 y.o. veterans still starting every game and that won't change anytime soon.

Barca has a lots of deadwood for sell, but no respectful club wants anyone of them.

Barca is playing very slow, boring and unattractive football in the last couple of years.

The combination of all these reasons will make any top European players to stay away from Barcelona. It is not like Werner, Haaland, Mbappe, Sancho, Sane , Upamecano and other big names are dyeing to play for us. In the contrary, they prefer to play for other top European teams. Last year De Ligt clearly showed his dislike to play for Barcelona and choose Juventus. That will continue this summer and in the next years. That is the only reason why our board of idiots are going after Neymar and Martinez. They are very good fit for this current Barcelona team.

Great post. Cant wait to the day Barto and whole his team leave my club. With him, it is only going to get worse from here.

LABarcaFan

I will add that him not being good playing with his back to the goal is another red flag.
And those are 3 massive issues.
1-We need more goal scoring from our team, he doesn't solve a problem.

2-His lack of ability to play with back to goal means less goals for teammates, this is area where lijes of Suarez, Firmino & Benzema helps their teams massively.

3- His price means we aren't able to solve other issues in the team like defense & midfield.

Honesty, he seems like another good player that solves nothing here.

And I would like to bring up one more, really serious issue with Lautaro, which has been discussed here a while ago. That is his attitude. Last December I have been watching with friends a game from Serie A , Inter - SPAL, which the home team won 2:1 by two goals of Lautaro. They were playing at San Siro against the worst team in Serie A. After both goals Lautaro run the entire length of the field, yelling like crazy and making gestures to the audience with his Pharaoh trademark signs. His reaction to this goals did not pass without any comments from us. One of my friends called him clown, the others were saying that he has reacted as he scored the winning goals for Inter in the CL final, in the last seconds of the game.I know, some will say that it is his South American temperament, but I haven't seen Aguero, Higuain, Neymar or Coutinho reacting that way after goals. And is not only his clownage after a goals. The fact that he has 7 yellow cards and two red ones in 23 games speaks a lot about his mental state.

xXKonan

I mean we signed Vidal who has had a bad history of drinking and even got into a drunk driving accident several years ago.

Didn't stop teams from wanting to sign him as he was the best Box to Box Midfielder out there. :lol:

Kul_z

There is no question that Werner and Haaland are better strikers than Lautaro

Actually there is lmao. Haaland, Lautaro, Werner. In that order.

As for the rest of the post and your conspiracy theories, frenkie de jong says hi.

Truth is we have idiots running the club, who spend 1billion in last 6 years for two undisputable and barca level starters who are actual fit.
And they bought 35 players in that period.
Im more concerned about more then 300m wasted on no name passengers, and critical fuck up in transfer market after neymar departure.

BarçaBarça

I would like us to try Lautaro-Messi-Griezmann to minimize Messis impact on our defesive structure, but honestly no idea if that works out (maybe too narrow). Otherwise we still have plenty of wide options - Fati, Dembele, Braithwaite, Trincao... We have to find some lineup to make Griezmann work though, we cant just write off another 100ME+ signing.

Lautaro-Messi-Griezmann could work, but the rest of the team needs to be moulded then. We need world class fullbacks with a lot of speed and pace to go box-to-box, and cover our lack of width. We would also need at least 1 workhorse midfielder like Vidal, but less attacking than him. Busquets + Arthur is a no go in this lineup, imo, because they are turtles. Someone like Kant? (or Tonali if he really is that great) and then De Jong would do, and then maybe Vidal with less attacking tasks than now. If Emerson explodes, then fine, but it would be a hard bet, when it is crucial for this system to work. And ideally we replace both Alba and Firpo with better players, but that is too much to ask right now, I think.

If this really is our plan, we do have more than 1 transferwindow to fix it. Griezmann-Lautaro with Messi just behind could work for years to come, if we get it right, so it would at least be a plan. As with every other sustainable plan, it requires Busquets/Alba/Suarez and later Pique to be phased out.

mc_lovin

Lautaro-Messi-Griezmann could work, but the rest of the team needs to be moulded then. We need world class fullbacks with a lot of speed and pace to go box-to-box, and cover our lack of width. We would also need at least 1 workhorse midfielder like Vidal, but less attacking than him. Busquets + Arthur is a no go in this lineup, imo, because they are turtles. Someone like Kant? (or Tonali if he really is that great) and then De Jong would do, and then maybe Vidal with less attacking tasks than now. If Emerson explodes, then fine, but it would be a hard bet, when it is crucial for this system to work. And ideally we replace both Alba and Firpo with better players, but that is too much to ask right now, I think.

If this really is our plan, we do have more than 1 transferwindow to fix it. Griezmann-Lautaro with Messi just behind could work for years to come, if we get it right, so it would at least be a plan. As with every other sustainable plan, it requires Busquets/Alba/Suarez and later Pique to be phased out.

Disagree about Arthur, we would ideally want to dominate games with a setup like that. Having a good box to box midfielder instead of Busquets would be gold though, but we should aim for one anyway. Guardiola said something about his Barcelona being unstoppable in the last 30m of the pitch. And I think with possession and two hardworking, mobile strikers we can replicate that.

But dont get me wrong, I would rather see us sell Griezmann and play more traditional (Winger-Lautaro-Messi). But we are stuck with him for now, so at least try different stuff.

Last edited:

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
I will add that him not being good playing with his back to the goal is another red flag.
And those are 3 massive issues.
1-We need more goal scoring from our team, he doesn't solve a problem.

I think Lautaro will surprise people in that area.

Signing Lautaro is not the reason for them not being able to solve our issues in defense and midfield. Our management is the issue there. Even if they don't sign Lautaro I don't expect them to solve those problems.

We might downgrade at RB and sign a 30 year old Pjanic for 55m for the midfield, and get some run of the mill CB. Not because of Lautaro, but because Eric Abidal is a clueless idiot.

We also need to sell Umtiti, but he's not moving and the latest report is that our manager likes him a lot too and want him to stay :shrug:

Richard.H

I think our best solution would be buying player like Giroud.

He will be on the bench, he brings something that we don't have and he is cheap.

Great choice! Another player thats in his 30s to bring to this team!

By 2023-2024 all Barca b players will be barca players since this club will have wasted all their money on old players

Androutsos

I don't understand the notion that Lautaro is a shit player. He has 16 goals in 31 games, playing in a front 2 as the link between midfield and attack (not even his 100% natural position) and even just watching his goals on Youtube you will see that his technique is very good as well as his movement and link up play... and this is all for Inter.

The story with Argentina, where he has been playing as a 9 in a similar manner that he would here, he linked with Messi very well and played great.

Even examining his heat-map, it has massive similarities to Suarez's.

He has all the tools required to be an important player here, in a system that suits him 100x more than Inters.

Now the price is an entirely different discussion, but that doesn't take away from his talent.

Home of Barca Fans