Lautaro Martinez

Messigician

I don't understand the notion that Lautaro is a shit player. He has 16 goals in 31 games, playing in a front 2 as the link between midfield and attack (not even his 100% natural position) and even just watching his goals on Youtube you will see that his technique is very good as well as his movement and link up play... and this is all for Inter.

The story with Argentina, where he has been playing as a 9 in a similar manner that he would here, he linked with Messi very well and played great.

Even examining his heat-map, it has massive similarities to Suarez's.

He has all the tools required to be an important player here, in a system that suits him 100x more than Inters.

Now the price is an entirely different discussion, but that doesn't take away from his talent.

The issue isn't that he's good or not it's that he's not good enough to be worth over 100m

Riordon

Whats is going to happen to Braithwaite though? I cant see any news about him leaving, so after summer we can end up with Suarez, Griezmann, Braithwaite and Lautaro. Overbooking IMO.

As I have said the hype with Lautaro is already there, price is sky high. I would wait a year both to help with our overbooking problem + weighing other options (Haaland + whoever is emerging, there is a capable I have an eye on) + lets see if Lautaro isnt another Jovic. For now he only has like 8 great month in Europe.

We would be better off spending that money at CB, RB and LW/CM(both can be needed). And buy a striker next year.

Messi983

Whats is going to happen to Braithwaite though? I cant see any news about him leaving, so after summer we can end up with Suarez, Griezmann, Braithwaite and Lautaro. Overbooking IMO.

As I have said the hype with Lautaro is already there, price is sky high. I would wait a year both to help with our overbooking problem + weighing other options (Haaland + whoever is emerging, there is a capable I have an eye on) + lets see if Lautaro isnt another Jovic. For now he only has like 8 great month in Europe.

We would be better off spending that money at CB, RB and LW/CM(both can be needed). And buy a striker next year.

Braithwaite can also play on the wings but yeah since both amigos will still start 90% of games we'll have Griez, Lautaro, Fati, Trincao, MB and possibly Dembele for those 5 games he'll be fit for one forward position. Clear overbooking. I think MB will probably be sold to a midtable EPL club for 10-15m though I'd like him to stay.

I've been saying all along that I'd prefer to improve defense and midfield instead of buying Lautaro but he's coming so hopefully he won't be another 100m flop.

Porque

Braithwaite will have the end of LaLiga season to prove whether or not he is worthwhile keeping as a squad option- or sold.

If he stays atleast we have a proper plan B striker off the bench which we have lacked for years. Liverpool knocked us out with friggin Origi.

Ansu will be with the B team, while I also get the impression Setien is not as high on him as Valverde was. So the minutes will be there for Braithwaite.

Last edited:

vuji_31

Sell dembele , leave braithwaite .

Dodge this lautaro bullet, buy haaland.
Even if he fails he could be sold for same money

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Sell dembele , leave braithwaite .

Dodge this lautaro bullet, buy haaland.
Even if he fails he could be sold for same money

How much do you think Haaland will cost when Borussia Dortmund robbed us off 105 + 35m for Dembele?

Zebulun

They can forget Lautaro now. Inter's Sporting Director said Barca and any team that's contacted them have been told the same: Pay his 111m release clause in one lump sum between July 1 - 15 and you can have him.

They're not going to entertain any other offer.

https://www.bild.de/sport/fussball/...-an-den-haaland-geruechten-70010636.bild.html

Only active in the summer of 2022, and it's €75m.

if true that's great, you know we have a history of having better plan B.

wisconsincule

So we need a striker but do we really need them this summer? Suarez will still be here and isn’t going to sit on the bench. Anyone bought will play second fiddle. I’d rather reinforce other areas and go all in when Suarez is actually gone.

Home of Barca Fans