Page 64 of 83 FirstFirst ... 1454626364656674 ... LastLast
Results 946 to 960 of 1236

Thread: Lautaro Martinez

  1. #946
    Member
    Slevinn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    297
    Quote Originally Posted by serghei View Post
    Which is why you need a top manager, which is what I'm saying for years. It isn't a coincidence that their transfers started to work out after Klopp joined. When you have a manager who knows what is doing, and the kind of football he wants to play, the profile of players that is needed becomes more clear. Once you sign players who fit the football you want to play, things start to click.
    Even with a top manager it stays gambling for a part. But getting the right profiles for the positions where you need someone would be a nice step forward for us.

  2. #947
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    21,511
    Quote Originally Posted by serghei View Post
    Which is why you need a top manager, which is what I'm saying for years. It isn't a coincidence that their transfers started to work out after Klopp joined. When you have a manager who knows what is doing, and the kind of football he wants to play, the profile of players that is needed becomes more clear. Once you sign players who fit the football you want to play, things start to click.
    Klopp was said to not be too keen on the signings of Robertson/Salah.

    It is easy to pick 1/2 teams currently doing good business but it goes in cycles and be interesting to see Liverpool in 3/4 years when VVD/Mane/Salah/Firmino/Henderson/Wijnaldum are all in early 30s. Most of them hit 30 next year.

    That is the difficult part. Staying at the top.

  3. #948
    Senior Member
    Andresito's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    4,161
    Quote Originally Posted by JamDav1982 View Post
    Would never get Kane or Hazard for 100m even in this market.

    Hazard went for over that at not far off 29 and a year left on contract.

    Lautro could well be worth 111m. I like him and think he ticks most boxes but needs to get better on his finishing. Granted others may have seen more and disagree.

    The issue is more spending it now when other areas need strengthened.
    Yeah I meant 100M+ buys if that wasn't clear. Never said Kane would cost that little.

    The thing with those type of buys you want to copy paste the player into our team while hoping for a little bit of personal improvement. Lautaro has to improve, especially on his finishing.
    He has scored some great composed goals and his shooting technique is there, he just needs more consistency.

    I fully agree with your last line.

  4. #949
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    4,127
    Is 12m euros per year plus bonuses our new base salary for any new signing with some name recognition regardless of their achievements?.

    https://www.sport.es/es/noticias/bar...o-anos-7983540

  5. #950
    Senior Member
    Messi983's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    8,967
    Pretty much.

    You don't pay 100m for a player and then expect him to accept 4m wages.

  6. #951
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    4,127
    Quote Originally Posted by Messi983 View Post
    Pretty much.

    You don't pay 100m for a player and then expect him to accept 4m wages.
    8m is fair

  7. #952
    Senior Member
    BBZ8800's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Europe
    Posts
    7,414
    And then people wonder why nobody wants to buy Coutinho, Dembele and similar flops:

    1. we overpay them
    2. we give them 12-20m yearly salary
    3. they flop
    4. nobody wants to buy them since they flopped plus they would have to pay similar wages
    5. players have no reason to leave a club since they are earning too high salaries

    So, if Lautaro will flop, which he will, we will keep him for 4-5 years at least.

    Our rooster in 2025:
    Griezmann, Coutinho, Dembele, Lautaro, Busi, Rakitic, Pique, Roberto, Alba.

  8. #953
    Valverde Cultist
    Messigician's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Posts
    4,460
    Quote Originally Posted by BBZ8800 View Post
    And then people wonder why nobody wants to buy Coutinho, Dembele and similar flops:

    1. we overpay them
    2. we give them 12-20m yearly salary
    3. they flop
    4. nobody wants to buy them since they flopped plus they would have to pay similar wages
    5. players have no reason to leave a club since they are earning too high salaries

    So, if Lautaro will flop, which he will, we will keep him for 4-5 years at least.

    Our rooster in 2025:
    Griezmann, Coutinho, Dembele, Lautaro, Busi, Rakitic, Pique, Roberto, Alba.
    Stuff of nightmares dawg Gaspart era of dark days is coming

  9. #954
    Senior Member
    Messi983's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    8,967
    Quote Originally Posted by jamrock View Post
    8m is fair
    I wouldn't give any new player more than 5-6m. Get in, play great for 2-3 years and then if he turns into a superstar he can get a new contract for 15 or 20m for all I care. But don't give players high wages before they prove themselves here.

  10. #955
    Senior Member
    Messi983's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    8,967
    Quote Originally Posted by BBZ8800 View Post
    And then people wonder why nobody wants to buy Coutinho, Dembele and similar flops:

    1. we overpay them
    2. we give them 12-20m yearly salary
    3. they flop
    4. nobody wants to buy them since they flopped plus they would have to pay similar wages
    5. players have no reason to leave a club since they are earning too high salaries

    So, if Lautaro will flop, which he will, we will keep him for 4-5 years at least.

    Our rooster in 2025:
    Griezmann, Coutinho, Dembele, Lautaro, Busi, Rakitic, Pique, Roberto, Alba.
    Won't be that bad, lol. Lautaro will be loaned out and eventually sold for a loss in 2-3 years but other players's contract expires before then. We'll probably still have a lot of new dead weight we'll buy over the next few years we'll desperately want to sell in 2025 though.

    Agreed about your overall point of the post though. High salaries are much bigger problems than high transfer fees paid for the (wrong) players imo.

  11. #956
    Senior Member
    clemente's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    3,337
    He has no elite attributes and you can tell his ceiling isn't as high as someone like Kane, the only reason people want him is he is a cute latina that is a nation friend of Messi.

  12. #957
    Senior Member
    Vilarrubi's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    6,072
    Quote Originally Posted by BBZ8800 View Post
    And then people wonder why nobody wants to buy Coutinho, Dembele and similar flops:

    1. we overpay them
    2. we give them 12-20m yearly salary
    3. they flop
    4. nobody wants to buy them since they flopped plus they would have to pay similar wages
    5. players have no reason to leave a club since they are earning too high salaries

    So, if Lautaro will flop, which he will, we will keep him for 4-5 years at least.

    Our rooster in 2025:
    Griezmann, Coutinho, Dembele, Lautaro, Busi, Rakitic, Pique, Roberto, Alba.


    Agree, another 100m+ transfer which we're not sure will work or not.

  13. #958
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    3,913
    Quote Originally Posted by Messi983 View Post
    I wouldn't give any new player more than 5-6m. Get in, play great for 2-3 years and then if he turns into a superstar he can get a new contract for 15 or 20m for all I care. But don't give players high wages before they prove themselves here.
    Sure but most of them won't come to Barca instead they'll go to other big buck paying clubs.

  14. #959
    Senior Member
    FinBarcelonafan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Turku
    Posts
    7,629
    Quote Originally Posted by clemente View Post
    He has no elite attributes and you can tell his ceiling isn't as high as someone like Kane, the only reason people want him is he is a cute latina that is a nation friend of Messi.
    I agree with this. He shouldn't be bought for over hundred million.

  15. #960
    Member
    Slevinn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    297
    Quote Originally Posted by Vilarrubi View Post


    Agree, another 100m+ transfer which we're not sure will work or not.
    That pic

    Oh and no way Alba, Rakitic and Pique will be here in 2025 lmao.