Lautaro Martinez

Slevinn

Which is why you need a top manager, which is what I'm saying for years. It isn't a coincidence that their transfers started to work out after Klopp joined. When you have a manager who knows what is doing, and the kind of football he wants to play, the profile of players that is needed becomes more clear. Once you sign players who fit the football you want to play, things start to click.
Even with a top manager it stays gambling for a part. But getting the right profiles for the positions where you need someone would be a nice step forward for us.

JamDav1982

Which is why you need a top manager, which is what I'm saying for years. It isn't a coincidence that their transfers started to work out after Klopp joined. When you have a manager who knows what is doing, and the kind of football he wants to play, the profile of players that is needed becomes more clear. Once you sign players who fit the football you want to play, things start to click.

Klopp was said to not be too keen on the signings of Robertson/Salah.

It is easy to pick 1/2 teams currently doing good business but it goes in cycles and be interesting to see Liverpool in 3/4 years when VVD/Mane/Salah/Firmino/Henderson/Wijnaldum are all in early 30s. Most of them hit 30 next year.

That is the difficult part. Staying at the top.

Andresito

Staff member
Would never get Kane or Hazard for 100m even in this market.

Hazard went for over that at not far off 29 and a year left on contract.

Lautro could well be worth 111m. I like him and think he ticks most boxes but needs to get better on his finishing. Granted others may have seen more and disagree.

The issue is more spending it now when other areas need strengthened.

Yeah I meant 100M+ buys if that wasn't clear. Never said Kane would cost that little.

The thing with those type of buys you want to copy paste the player into our team while hoping for a little bit of personal improvement. Lautaro has to improve, especially on his finishing.
He has scored some great composed goals and his shooting technique is there, he just needs more consistency.

I fully agree with your last line.

BBZ8800

And then people wonder why nobody wants to buy Coutinho, Dembele and similar flops:

1. we overpay them
2. we give them 12-20m yearly salary
3. they flop
4. nobody wants to buy them since they flopped plus they would have to pay similar wages
5. players have no reason to leave a club since they are earning too high salaries

So, if Lautaro will flop, which he will, we will keep him for 4-5 years at least.

Our rooster in 2025:
Griezmann, Coutinho, Dembele, Lautaro, Busi, Rakitic, Pique, Roberto, Alba.

Messigician

And then people wonder why nobody wants to buy Coutinho, Dembele and similar flops:

1. we overpay them
3. they flop
4. nobody wants to buy them since they flopped plus they would have to pay similar wages
5. players have no reason to leave a club since they are earning too high salaries

So, if Lautaro will flop, which he will, we will keep him for 4-5 years at least.

Our rooster in 2025:

Stuff of nightmares dawg Gaspart era of dark days is coming

Messi983

8m is fair

I wouldn't give any new player more than 5-6m. Get in, play great for 2-3 years and then if he turns into a superstar he can get a new contract for 15 or 20m for all I care. But don't give players high wages before they prove themselves here.

Messi983

1. we overpay them
3. they flop

Our rooster in 2025:

Won't be that bad, lol. Lautaro will be loaned out and eventually sold for a loss in 2-3 years but other players's contract expires before then. We'll probably still have a lot of new dead weight we'll buy over the next few years we'll desperately want to sell in 2025 though.

Agreed about your overall point of the post though. High salaries are much bigger problems than high transfer fees paid for the (wrong) players imo.

clemente

He has no elite attributes and you can tell his ceiling isn't as high as someone like Kane, the only reason people want him is he is a cute latina that is a nation friend of Messi.

Vilarrubi

1. we overpay them
3. they flop

Our rooster in 2025:

rooster-death-attack-01.jpg

Agree, another 100m+ transfer which we're not sure will work or not.

FC B

I wouldn't give any new player more than 5-6m. Get in, play great for 2-3 years and then if he turns into a superstar he can get a new contract for 15 or 20m for all I care. But don't give players high wages before they prove themselves here.

Sure but most of them won't come to Barca instead they'll go to other big buck paying clubs.

Home of Barca Fans