Lautaro Martinez

snowy

Well at least both his legs still work so he should be able to reach a 20+ season even if he sinks 1 in 10.

Had we gone for Isak + Gravenberch for a fraction of the price, would've been dope!

+ get Raiola drunk and sign Haaland as a personal hairstylist to Gravenberch

Hours-after-posing-with-chainsaw-Haaland-is-seen-being-kicked.img.jpeg
Must trim birch

BBZ8800

He has all the traits to be a great player like a harder working Aguero, but the resume is very poor. I guess we need to hope it just clicks for him here.

I don't know.
When Aguero was young, whenever I watched him, I was scared of him and my impression was: this guy is lethal.

On the other hand, when I watch Lautaro, my impression is: this guy will never score a goal.

I don't see too much in common between those two.

Morten

I don't know.
When Aguero was young, whenever I watched him, I was scared of him and my impression was: this guy is lethal.

On the other hand, when I watch Lautaro, my impression is: this guy will never score a goal.

Its difficult to find a striker everyone is happy with.
You find a striker that scores a lot? People will complain about his overall game.
Good overall game? People will say he doesnt score enough.

Finding someone who does both is not very easy.

khaled_a_d

Its difficult to find a striker everyone is happy with.
You find a striker that scores a lot? People will complain about his overall game.
Good overall game? People will say he doesnt score enough.

Finding someone who does both is not very easy.

While that is true, and at some point we will need to take a risk; it is about the fee too.
He will be 100M worth player, up till now there is like 10 players who was worth that much in the history of football. If we take out the 3 players our idiotic board signed the list is as follows:
CR7, Neymar,Mpabbe, Bale,Hazard,Felix & Pogba. 6 attackers and 1 midfielder.
Of those 6 attackers, how many had such question marks? Only one is Felix. Neymar was the best U-30 player during that time, Mpabbe was probably the best youngster since Messi, Bale was best player in EPL, Hazard was elite player when signed. CR& was 3 consecutive times CL winner.
The only one who is similar to Lautaro is Felix, who was 3 years younger btw. And Felix is not really encouraging so far.
If he was worth 60-70M I could understand the risk tbh.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
I don't know.

Aguero at Atletico was lethal.

I think profile-wise they're very similar, but Lautaro is not the killer in front of goal like Aguero was.

I have a problem with paying this much money for a player that need to develop a trait that's very difficult to do. I know CR7 managed to develop into a goalscorer, but that's rare.

We need Lautaro to start scoring right away.

He isn't a natural born finisher like aguero, but he gets a lot of chances and misses a lot of sitters. I'm 50/50 on him, he's still young and finishing is something that can be improved. His game is more similar to tevez imo.

Tevez I think was a far more physical, bulldog type of forward.

I see Lautaro more of a Aguero or Falcao type of player, but without the goalscoring which is a problem.

Morten

Aguero at Atletico was lethal.

I think profile-wise they're very similar, but Lautaro is not the killer in front of goal like Aguero was.

I have a problem with paying this much money for a player that need to develop a trait that's very difficult to do. I know CR7 managed to develop into a goalscorer, but that's rare.

We need Lautaro to start scoring right away.

Tevez I think was a far more physical, bulldog type of forward.

I see Lautaro more of a Aguero or Falcao type of player, but without the goalscoring which is a problem.

Back when RBK was still kinda good(not 90s good, but still okay), we played a group stage match against Atletico in the EL.
I remember us actually dominating them, it was our best match of the season, but we just had poor finishing and hit the post at least once, they were just so effective, Aguero only needed one chance, the other goal was somebody i dont remember on a long shot.

Felt so unfair, at the very least we should have had a draw because they had hardly created anything, but they score out of absolutely nothing, thats the difference in individual quality.

Last edited:

Porque

Incredible goal yesterday. Drilled a low shot that somehow managed to mkae jump up and chip the keeper. Breathtaking.

Surely adds another 20m to the deal. Sign him up Barto.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Think he's a terrific player. Very energetic but not headless like Alexis was.
Not sure how we fit him but realistically who else of this quality is on the market?

Rory

He undoubtedly has some qualities that are desirable. For me it's more I don't want us putting potentially another financial drain on the club that makes it impossible to make signings in areas we truly need. Our defence is poorly equipped from the actual defence to the midfielders who contribute to defending. A solid athletic CM/DM is needed and an athletic CB. After that I couldn't care less where money is thrown. It's just a shame all our budget will be on Lautaro whilst ignoring the other squad deficiencies.

xXKonan

Junior Firpo has already reached an agreement with Inter. He agrees to leave for Inter and will enter the operation to sign Lautaro Martinez. Barca need to sell players to close the transaction ?70m as per
@AdriaAlbets

@QueThiJugues

@La_SER

Messi983

Yeah, and Fernado Polo reports Inter have accepted our 41m valuation of Firpo.

They know they'll still get much more than what Lautaro is realistically worth.

Home of Barca Fans