Lautaro Martinez

BBZ8800

When you look other clubs, we are probably one of the biggest flops on a transfer market.
People usually say: we are among top5 clubs in the world.

True.
But we had Messi, who is an alien and who is like 80% of our success. And we got him for free.
Other than that, we are the biggest spenders in the world. We are spending more than City or Psg.

I mean, imagine how our club would look like without Messi and with only 50-100M yearly to spend.
We probably have the worst transfer policy among all big clubs in the last 8 years.

But Barto is continuing with his horribly stupid overpriced transfers: Dembele, Coutinho, Griezmann, Lautaro.
I wonder who will be our 5th failure in a row in the next summer.
Who is the next Youtube or South American sensation?

Probably something stupid like 200m for Gabriel Jesus, lol.
Barto and his football ideas.

Last edited:

vuji_31

Well this are last Barto days.

But if people in Catalonia or cules are stupid enough to select him for 3rd time or someone from his agenda then I don't care anymore.

Especially when they are filling squad with idiots like Dembele, after Messi is gone I think a lot of people including me will not watch games with desire as we have until now.

mc_lovin

But Barto is continuing with his horribly stupid overpriced transfers: Dembele, Coutinho, Griezmann, Lautaro.

Werent you high on Coutinho? :lol: Who has been our only real scouting failure (Klopp knew for example). Jurys out on Griezmann (I am definitely not a fan, but if Messis gone or injured he could suddenly become a vital part of our team). Dembele has been ruined by injuries. Some transfers have been good and/or profitable.

I dont want to excuse Bartomeu too much, Coutinho alone is a good case for wanting him to resign, its just a bit rich coming from you.

Last edited:

Rory

I often disagree with bbz but to me it looks like he's saying coutinho was a mistake as well and that we shouldn't repeat it. That's a fair argument to make.

To make a 100m+ signing you have to be sure that player is going to elevate your team to higher levels. I'm a fan of Lautaro and think he's a decent player but we absolutely don't need to purchase him anytime soon. He's not levels above any of our current forwards which to me is what is required to authorise such a high transfer fee.

Dembele has been the biggest transfer disaster of all time. Griezmann has been a poor transfer but he got the away goal against Napoli which to me is already worth 50m transfer fee lol. If he continues to score for the remainder of the season especially in the ucl then he would have been worth it for this year. His wages and large fee + little sell on value would mean he needs to keep it up for 2-3 years which is a tall order.

So 2 very poor/disaster transfers and one kinda poor transfer with this policy. Why would we want to continue that policy now when other areas of the squad are begging for rejuvenation?

mc_lovin

Its not about price for him. He wouldnt care if we paid 200ME for Haaland. He just dislikes Lautaro (which is fair enough), but no need to be a hypocrite.

LABarcaFan

111 in is the market where all clubs are suffering is way way to much. We shouldn't be desperate. Look at how Bayern is doing it with Sane for a long time. Liverpool dont even want to pay 60m for Timo Werner. 60m.

We are a joke.

Yes, we are a joke. We can steal Timo Werner for 60 mil. but instead our intentions are on almost double priced Lautaro! And Liverpool are not willing to pay even that price for him.

See, here is a problem. You think Lautaro is a replacement for Suarez while most of us who know how this club de amigos is working over the last few years know Suarez is unbenchable. So the real question here is if Lautaro is really that big upgrade over Griezmann on the left wing (because that's where he will primarily play next year or two) he's worth spending 100m on?

I think this lineup would have better chances to win anything next season than any lineup involving Lautaro.

Offense: Griezmann - Suarez - Messi
Midfield: Partey/Fabian - Busi - Frenkie
Defense: Alba - Upamecano - Pique - Semedo

Again, I'm not "benching" Pique nor Busi because I don't expect this to happen next year both both Upamecano and Partey/Fabian would improve the team a lot.

If we want a short Argentinian striker who is quite powerful, fast and a bully then we can get Chimy Avila. He can do most things Lautaro can for a quarter of his price. Anyway, I don't think we really need a new forward. Messi and Suarez will again play 80-90% of games and Griez/Fati/Braithwaite/Trincao are good enough to rotate at the other forward position.

Opss! Your line-up has something that won't work well. Partey, Fabian, Busy and Frenkie are all defensive midfielders. Have you ever seen 4-3-3 formation with 3 DM's? Who is going to be the play-maker? Only Messi? Nope. That won't work. If we sing Sancho, then it may work, because he is a RAM and the best creator in European top leagues. FDJ - Busy - Sancho will look better, but even then Frenkie will be playing out of his original spot, CDM. That is why, I was offering the 4-3-2-1 formation where you can pair FDJ and Bussy (or Partey as a better option) as a defensive mids.

I agree that we don't need to add any offensive player. We have enough pieces there.

xXKonan

According to Alfredo Martinez, the club thinks 60 Million+2 players would work.

Inter according to Alfredo, Likes Lenglet a lot.

I know Lenglet isn't perfect, but that would be crazy to bin him while Umtiti somehow survives and stays next season. :lol:

FinBarcelonafan

According to Alfredo Martinez, the club thinks 60 Million+2 players would work.

Inter according to Alfredo, Likes Lenglet a lot.

I know Lenglet isn't perfect, but that would be crazy to bin him while Umtiti somehow survives and stays next season. :lol:

True. We can't trust Umtiti.

Slevinn

Yes, we are a joke. We can steal Timo Werner for 60 mil. but instead our intentions are on almost double priced Lautaro! And Liverpool are not willing to pay even that price for him.

Opss! Your line-up has something that won't work well. Partey, Fabian, Busy and Frenkie are all defensive midfielders. Have you ever seen 4-3-3 formation with 3 DM's? Who is going to be the play-maker? Only Messi? Nope. That won't work. If we sing Sancho, then it may work, because he is a RAM and the best creator in European top leagues. FDJ - Busy - Sancho will look better, but even then Frenkie will be playing out of his original spot, CDM. That is why, I was offering the 4-3-2-1 formation where you can pair FDJ and Bussy (or Partey as a better option) as a defensive mids.

I agree that we don't need to add any offensive player. We have enough pieces there.

Sancho in midfield? Jesus...
And Ruiz is not a DM. I mean he can play there but he also played behind the striker in a 4411 and on the wing.
Getting him instead of Rakitic or Vidal would be a dream.

stk93

dont work...
liverpool 433 with fabinho, milner and henderson sound familiar to you??

Last edited:

Sailor Mars

That's true about Liverpool, but they have 2 elite fullbacks who are pretty much Liverpool's playmakers. Barca don't have any fullbacks at that level anymore.

stk93

That's true about Liverpool, but they have 2 elite fullbacks who are pretty much Liverpool's playmakers. Barca don't have any fullbacks at that level anymore.

please...
robertson its not even a modern fullback
taa is very good but kloop is the key not mid, fullbacks, vvd, firmino, mane, salah, etc

LABarcaFan

Sancho in midfield? Jesus...
And Ruiz is not a DM. I mean he can play there but he also played behind the striker in a 4411 and on the wing.
Getting him instead of Rakitic or Vidal would be a dream.

Yes, Ruiz is CM, but if you have watched Napoli's games, he is not playing advanced mid as before. T.Partey, Busy and FDJ are all DM's. My point was that no coach will use that kind of formation.
Jadon Sancho is listed as a RW, but he is more of a RAM. He is not stacked to the side line.

dont work...
liverpool 433 with fabinho, milner and henderson sound familiar to you??

Nope. Milner is a sub. Liverpool's midfield is Fabinho - Vijnaldoom (or Chemberlain) - Henderson. There is no team in Europe, who plays with 3 defensive midfielders.

BarçaBarça

I don't understand the notion that Lautaro is a shit player. He has 16 goals in 31 games, playing in a front 2 as the link between midfield and attack (not even his 100% natural position) and even just watching his goals on Youtube you will see that his technique is very good as well as his movement and link up play... and this is all for Inter.

The story with Argentina, where he has been playing as a 9 in a similar manner that he would here, he linked with Messi very well and played great.

Even examining his heat-map, it has massive similarities to Suarez's.

He has all the tools required to be an important player here, in a system that suits him 100x more than Inters.

Now the price is an entirely different discussion, but that doesn't take away from his talent.

I think this is key, as there wouldn't be as big a discussion, if we were about to pay 40M? for him.
But we are not. He is good, but not 111M-good, so that's why his talent is debbated in the light of the fee.
Everyone thinks Kovacic is a decent player, but if we were about to splash 150M? for him, most would call him 'shit'. That is what is going on in here.

Home of Barca Fans