Lautaro Martinez

LABarcaFan

And then people wonder why nobody wants to buy Coutinho, Dembele and similar flops:

1. we overpay them
2. we give them 12-20m yearly salary
3. they flop
4. nobody wants to buy them since they flopped plus they would have to pay similar wages
5. players have no reason to leave a club since they are earning too high salaries

So, if Lautaro will flop, which he will, we will keep him for 4-5 years at least.

Our rooster in 2025:
Griezmann, Coutinho, Dembele, Lautaro, Busi, Rakitic, Pique, Roberto, Alba.

Curently, we have exactly 11 dead weights which we can not get rid of till the end of their contracts:

2021 - Suarez, Vidal and Rakitic

2022 - Dembele, Pique

2023 - Umtiti, Busquets, Coutinho

2024 - Griezmann, J.Alba, J.Firpo

2025 - Lautaro Martinez is the latest in this growing list. Who will be the next? can we predict?

I wouldn't give any new player more than 5-6m. Get in, play great for 2-3 years and then if he turns into a superstar he can get a new contract for 15 or 20m for all I care. But don't give players high wages before they prove themselves here.

Very well said mate. That is also my philosophy. Pay less from the beginning, see how it works and if he has shown star quality, then reward him with bigger wages and contract. Unfortunately, we are doing it the other way.

Sure but most of them won't come to Barca instead they'll go to other big buck paying clubs.

So what? Let them go. Let someone else to overpay for them and become Barca - 2, 3...

vuji_31

Big salary after Messi is gone will be only reason for players to come considering where Ratomeu is leading the club.

gasgas

rooster-death-attack-01.jpg

Agree, another 100m+ transfer which we're not sure will work or not.

:rofl1:

Messi983

MD is convinced 70m and Firpo (who the club values at 41m :lol:) will be enough to get Lautaro. Yeah, sure. :lol:

Messi983

I don’t even want Lautaro but would probably take that deal lol

I wouldn't. People don't like Firpo but I think he has a lot more to show and he could improve a lot in a full year under Setien. And well, if we'll include him in a deal we'll need to bring another LB for which we don't have money. Oh well, we can always bring De Sciglio to cover both RB and LB. :lol:

50m + Vidal is the most I'd give for Lautaro. Even that's too much for someone we don't need.

Vilarrubi

I wouldn't. People don't like Firpo but I think he has a lot more to show and he could improve a lot in a full year under Setien. And well, if we'll include him in a deal we'll need to bring another LB for which we don't have money. Oh well, we can always bring De Sciglio to cover both RB and LB. :lol:

50m + Vidal is the most I'd give for Lautaro. Even that's too much for someone we don't need.

The thing with Firpo is, he’s not gonna take Alba’s spot any time soon. I wasn’t impressed with anything he’s shown this season for us either, maybe it’s his mentality because for Betis he was much better.

But yeah, maybe that valuation of Lautaro is a bit too high.

vuji_31

Well I hate Inter and hope so they will accept firpo plus 70 mil. Even that is too much for lautar.

FC B

Which is why you need a top manager, which is what I'm saying for years. It isn't a coincidence that their transfers started to work out after Klopp joined. When you have a manager who knows what is doing, and the kind of football he wants to play, the profile of players that is needed becomes more clear. Once you sign players who fit the football you want to play, things start to click.

Totally agreed. That's why I'm not a fan of any new signing until a proper and solid manager is brought and he starts to build his team. Unfortunately this kind of manager that is also able to do the job in a club like Barce is very very hard to find.

vuji_31

Our board makes transfer decisions so it is obvious that they always sign coaches without reputation like Valverde or Setien that are happy to be in Barca no matter what players board will sign for them.

Home of Barca Fans