Lautaro Martinez

mc_lovin

You guys realize that we are f***** if Suarez gets injured (like this season) - unless Braithwaite exceeds expectations (remains to be seen). And dont start with Griezmann.

In a league campaign defenders and midfielders are easier to compensate than a CF (aka having a lineup without one). I would like a topclass CB, which would be very helpful in the CL, but I think the league should always be priority #1 - I know that some here dont value league titles though. As for midfield, who exactly? ;-)

Messi983

So you seriously think Lautaro can replaces Suarez's goals?

If Suarez gets injured again I prefer to play Messi as a false 9 with Fati/Griez/Trincao/Braithaite as wingers.

vuji_31

We need players without ball.

Lautaro is good option for that.
We have too much ball hugers.
We need players that press and run like Sane,Gnabry,old Pedro...

Trincao is good but will not bring anything new , also he plays same position as Messi

clemente

Just go for Aubameyang, will guarantee goals, contact ends in 2021 so won't cost absurd money, will get 3 years out of him for sure, he seems to be one of those who won't decline out of nowhere.

BBZ8800

You guys realize that we are f***** if Suarez gets injured (like this season) - unless Braithwaite exceeds expectations (remains to be seen). And dont start with Griezmann.

In a league campaign defenders and midfielders are easier to compensate than a CF (aka having a lineup without one). I would like a topclass CB, which would be very helpful in the CL, but I think the league should always be priority #1 - I know that some here dont value league titles though. As for midfield, who exactly? ;-)

Lol.

It will be like this:
1. if Suarez gets injured and we don't buy a new CF = we won't score goals
2. if Suarez gets injured and we buy Lautaro = we won't score goals

I am not sure why are you mentioning Lautaro and scoring goals in the same sentence :/

Rory

I honestly don't know what I'd prefer; signing Neymar for 150m or Lautaro for 111m. With our board it's probably one or the other.

serghei

If we buy a striker and use him like we are using Suarez, yes, we will decline a lot in goals, simply because Suarez scores many goals which are a product of individual genius, and few players possess that like Suarez does. However, Suarez is not doing some important things at the level that he used to, things which overall hurt our system, and in the end this leads to us us missing some types of goals. Goals from ball recoveries near the opponent's 16m box, goals from quick counters.

They put on games on TV from 2014-2016 with Suarez in his best years for us in CL. He was:

- pressing more
- bitching less
- had a more reliable technique in link-up play
- was more clutch with finishing in big games
- ran and exploited spaces off the ball much more

A system built on faster, younger and more hardworking players in offense will up those areas. We will find that we don't lose as many goals in the end as we all might think. Because the conditions change as well. If the attack is rejuvenated, maybe we'll get back the fierce pressing we used to do. Maybe we become more mobile and more hard working, and more hungry for success.

I have said repeatedly, when people project what Lautaro would do instead of Suarez, they mean what Lautaro would do in a system tailored for genius veteran players. Well, he'll probably do a lot worse than Suarez, because he is not a veteran, but a player at the peak of his football career, and he's not a genius, but a normal top player.

So, in this way, yeah, Lautaro will not be playing like Suarez. Might produce good enough numbers still, if we adjust how we play and re-draw the roles our forwards should have. Some things will improve, some things will obviously get worse.

If we bring these players and change nothing, still building our play around 33-34 years old Messi and Suarez, obviously they won't be great. So, I'd rather get the last 2 years from Messi and Suarez, since they will dictate our offense as long as they're here, and improve the midfield and defense in this time. Then in 2022 or 2023 we can really change the offensive line.

We're doing the opposite. Neglecting midfield and especially defense, trying to sign galacticos that won't work because Messi and Suarez are the top dogs up front and the system evolves around them, since nobody can make them work super-hard anymore (not sure they even can tbh).

Last edited:

BBZ8800

Why is he not scoring at Inter then?

Or they also have a bad system which doesn't suit him?

You often talk about some system in which everyone will shine.

You can't get anything close to that as long as Messi, Suarez, Busi, Raki, Pique are here.
And when they'll be gone, we will need 2 wingers, 2 midfielders, 2 new fullbacks.

Since an average percentage of successful transfers is around 33%, we will probably need to buy around 18 players to get 6 good fits.
And that is around 4-5 years of waiting.

So, I am sceptical about that system in which a lot of our players will shine.
And even then, we will need a new coach, a lot of money and 18 hit and miss transfers.

So, Lautaro will shine in 2025/26 season.

Riordon

Dont know why but I feel like club is feeding these Lautaro rumors to the press while they are working on other transfers away from media attention.

mc_lovin

You can't get anything close to that as long as Messi, Suarez, Busi, Raki, Pique are here.
And when they'll be gone, we will need 2 wingers, 2 midfielders, 2 new fullbacks.

You get that this is precisely what will happen unless Fati, Trincao and the likes step up (which is the reasonable approach right now, counting on talents)? :lol: When Messi retires you can be damn sure that we will make at least one prestige transfer. Business as usual. Theres always hit and miss. You are new to this?

BBZ8800

You get that this is precisely what will happen unless Fati, Trincao and the likes step up (which is the reasonable approach right now, counting on talents)? :lol: When Messi retires you can be damn sure that we will make at least one prestige transfer. Business as usual. Theres always hit and miss. You are new to this?

I don't have too much faith in Fati.

About Trincao: another year, another dream.
His chances to turn into a good starter are probably less than 20%.

So, the safest bet is that we will need 15-20 more transfers until we will build a decent competitive and functional team after Messi.

Remember, this team plays with Messi since 2005.
That will be a huge downgrade and a lot of hit and miss transfers until we find some balance.

Fati surely won't change that, lol.

serghei

If you get a better board, better technical staff, better manager, you will improve the transfers success rate, simply because you know what you are looking for. Right now they don't have a clue what is needed, so they sign big name players and try to jam them into our system.

Everything is relative to the management, because these are the guys spending all the money. If the new board is good, transfer will start to make more sense because they fit our needs, and that success rate may even double to 2/3 players who confirm, instead of 1/3 which is your suggested rate.

Home of Barca Fans