Lautaro Martinez

mc_lovin

Totally agreed. That's why I'm not a fan of any new signing until a proper and solid manager is brought and he starts to build his team. Unfortunately this kind of manager that is also able to do the job in a club like Barce is very very hard to find.

Signing a centre forward is pretty straightforward though. Second strikers, playmaking wingers, #10s and midfielders depend more on coaches. Strikers are quite binary, either quality or not - irregardless of system.

Messigician

Signing a centre forward is pretty straightforward though. Second strikers, playmaking wingers, #10s and midfielders depend more on coaches. Strikers are quite binary, either quality or not - irregardless of system.

Rubbish

There's way too many examples in history for me to say why that's rubbish so not gonna bother. A striker is impacted by good or bad coaching as much as any other position that simple.

Last edited:

Rory

Does signing Lautaro vastly improve our striker position in the team? - No, Suarez will still play.

Is anyone else going to pay his release clause this year? - No, absolutely no other club will.

Does Lautaro want to go anywhere other than Barcelona? - Supposedly he only wants Barca.

It makes 0 sense to sign him now, when we could let him develop another year and to see if he's actually worth the investment, he's going nowhere anytime soon and even if he starts scoring 3 goals per game for the next year, we're front of the queue to sign him.

khaled_a_d

All our transfer in the recent years were a flop( expect Ter stehen)

So I expect lautaro to be another flop

MATS,Bravo,Raki & Suarez were all great deals signed in same summer. Umtiti was good in 2016 before injury ruined him., Cillessen too was solid. Arthur is at least good value for money. FDJ is solid so far

serghei

MATS,Bravo,Raki & Suarez were all great deals signed in same summer. Umtiti was good in 2016 before injury ruined him., Cillessen too was solid. Arthur is at least good value for money. FDJ is solid so far

Yea, funny enough, it's the very expensive signings that proved to be bad value for money. Proves just how crap the board and their galactico policy are. Seriously, can't get rid of them soon enough.

Barcilliant

Yea, funny enough, it's the very expensive signings that proved to be bad value for money. Proves just how crap the board and their galactico policy are. Seriously, can't get rid of them soon enough.

I can't wait to get rid of the board too. However football rebuilds take alot longer nowadays than before.
It will take at least three years to rebuild this club properly and that's if we get the right manager and players.
In regards to Lautaro we are the only club in the world to buy 100 million plus players and play them out of position.
The board are looking at a future trio of Fati, Lautaro and Trincao by the looks of it.

Vilarrubi

If we are buying him (let’s hope not) why aren’t we waiting til July when his 111m release clause expires? lol

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
I'll give it a week or two before Barca realize they're stuck with Suarez and Griezmann for at least another season and turn their attention once again to Neymar.

serghei

I'll give it a week or two before Barca realize they're stuck with Suarez and Griezmann for at least another season and turn their attention once again to Neymar.

Should just reinforce defense and midfield. We are overbooked in offense as it is. 1 signing in central defense area and 1 CM signing and we're golden provided both are young players and both confirm expectations.

Home of Barca Fans