Lautaro Martinez

Leo_Messi

He's improving. Would fit as our 9 here.

And he's Argie like Leo.

He has not had the best of starts to his career in Italy but stylistically he is a very interesting player that I could see fit for us much better than his teammate Icardi who is a much more limited player while a much better poacher nowadays. If he keeps improving, he is definitely one to monitor. Unfortunately there are not too many interesting strikers out there currently who you without a doubt can say that x or y player will be a world class player.

Last edited:

Jombi

He has not had the best of starts to his career in Italy but stylistically he is a very interesting player that I could see fit for us much better than his teammate Icardi who is a much more limited player while a much better poacher nowadays. If he keeps improving, he is definitely one to monitor. Unfortunately there are not too many interesting stickers out there currently who you without a doubt can say that x or y player will be a world class player.

Have you seen En-Nesyri from Leganes? I thought he looked good against us, seems to be on fire at the moment, pretty good pace for a guy that size, 21 years old, scored against Spain as well but is he good enough technically?

Leo_Messi

Have you seen En-Nesyri from Leganes? Seems to be on fire at the moment, seems to have good pace for a guy that size, 21 years old, scored against Spain as well but is he good enough technically?

Not sure if he would fit stylistically due to his size alone. Not the type of attacker that I could see us ever going for as a first priority. I have not seen him much other than against the likes of us, RM, Atlético and a few other occasions.

He does not seem like an overly great goalscorer at all given his stats so far into his career. Obviously playing for defensively orientated teams like Málaga and Leganés is not helping but a player that supposedly could substitute a player of Suárez's quality needs a bit more than that, I feel.

Jombi

Not sure if he would fit stylistically due to his size alone. Not the type of attacker that I could see us ever going for as a first priority. I have not seen him much other than against the likes of us, RM, Atlético and a few other occasions.

He does not seem like an overly great goalscorer at all given his stats so far into his career. Obviously playing for defensively orientated teams like Málaga and Leganés is not helping but a player that supposedly could substitute a player of Suárez's quality needs a bit more than that, I feel.

He's at an age where many players take great leaps forward in development, so his goal ratio for the national team and club in the last year seems to be pretty good. Whether we are looking for a superstar to take over from Suarez or a replacement for Munir, I dont know, but we definitely need two strikers IMO. Either way, I think its important that the player is relatively young with upside potential.

EdmondDantes

He has not had the best of starts to his career in Italy but stylistically he is a very interesting player that I could see fit for us much better than his teammate Icardi who is a much more limited player while a much better poacher nowadays. If he keeps improving, he is definitely one to monitor. Unfortunately there are not too many interesting strikers out there currently who you without a doubt can say that x or y player will be a world class player.

That's the train of thought I have in mind. A striker that could extract every bit of talent Messi has left in the next few years. That is, more of a hard-working false that's a technical pressing machine (which Suarez was when we signed him, now he either can't do it or thinks he's above it). Lautaro can be a Firmino with a bit of pace.

Jombi

That's the train of thought I have in mind. A striker that could extract every bit of talent Messi has left in the next few years. That is, more of a hard-working false that's a technical pressing machine (which Suarez was when we signed him, now he either can't do it or thinks he's above it). Lautaro can be a Firmino with a bit of pace.

With our midfield providing almost zero goals and its not going to get better with De Jong, its absolutely crucial that the striker is a prolific goal scorer. Firmino hardly scores goals. We need less Messi dependence IMO, not more. We become way too easy to play against if we become so predictable. Ideally, the midfield should also chip in with plenty of goals, but that doesnt look likely. Arthur, De Jong, Raki, Busi, these are not goal scorers. Of course the striker needs to do more than score goals and be great in the build-up phase as well, but he has to be a great goal scorer IMO.

Riordon

Watched their game against Sampdoria and was really impressed with him. Finishing was lacking a bit but hold-up play and movement was Benzema-esque.
Should follow him and IMO wait a little with the striker position instead of just buying Jovic

BarçaBarça

Watched their game against Sampdoria and was really impressed with him. Finishing was lacking a bit but hold-up play and movement was Benzema-esque.
Should follow him and IMO wait a little with the striker position instead of just buying Jovic

Well it very much looks like we are betting on Jovic now, let's hope he turns out to be the better option, it is anyones guess right now, imo.

M

Medz

Imagine believing that that we're gonna pay +100m for this guy lmao

soul24rage

I know that 112M rumors are bullshit.

Does anyone know how good is he actually, is he better than Jovic?

Right now, no I don't think so. The board would be crazy to think to pay 112M (well what is new with the board).

But I see great potential in him and he and Messi link up well for the national team.

He'll probably need two seasons at Inter with lots of game time before thinking of becoming the starting ST for Barca imo.

The market for strikers is really bad, so he's one of the very few best options to replace Suarez as of right now. We also have to think of the non-EU as well.

Donatello

Right now, no I don't think so. The board would be crazy to think to pay 112M (well what is new with the board).

But I see great potential in him and he and Messi link up well for the national team.

He'll probably need two seasons at Inter with lots of game time before thinking of becoming the starting ST for Barca imo.

The market for strikers is really bad, so he's one of the very few best options to replace Suarez as of right now. We also have to think of the non-EU as well.

Is he better than Jovic, or can he be?

Home of Barca Fans