Lautaro Martinez

soul24rage

I remember that the release clause that is only valid for like the 1st 2 weeks of july.

Does anyone know if that is still valid for the summer of 2021?

khaled_a_d

I just don't see a manager like Setien or someone else unless they have the personality of Pep or Lucho, dropping Suarez with him having such a big, vocal voice in the dressing room.

For me the best move when it comes to Suarez is simply moving on from him this summer. His knee issues is only going to get worse with his age and there's no point renewing his contract so why not try to make something off him with a year left on his contract?

Worst case we get rid of his massive wages and use that to help fund a move for another player.

I think the best thing to do with Suarez is to not renew his contract. So far he didn't make any fuss about it and there is a whisper about his interest in going to MLS. I think there is some sort of a mutual expectations of him going there in 2021.
It will also take any pressure from a coach not starting him, you are simply starting a player who has no future in the club anymore and he himself knows it.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
I think the best thing to do with Suarez is to not renew his contract. So far he didn't make any fuss about it and there is a whisper about his interest in going to MLS. I think there is some sort of a mutual expectations of him going there in 2021.
It will also take any pressure from a coach not starting him, you are simply starting a player who has no future in the club anymore and he himself knows it.

The noise won't be about a contract renewal, but him losing a starting place.

I just don't see Suarez being the type of player and personality that will accept being a bench option, more so in his last season in European Top Football if that's the case.

This is the same guy who starts complaining whenever he's getting subbed off even if it's helping him with his knee issues. He's not a very smart person.

xXKonan

Luis Suarez: Barcelona really needs to find a new number 9 as I won't be here forever.

Barca: Signs Lautaro and benches Suarez.

Suarez:
40f.png

behindbrowneyes

Inter Milan will demand that Barcelona include Antoine Griezmann in any potential transfer deal (Turin Daily). Doubt Barça wants to pay his release clause. Milan is a beautiful city, but I don't know if Griezmann would be interested in playing in Serie A.

mesiesta

I wonder why he is considered as world-class. He can be bang average for us. He has just few years in a big club and his numbers are not better than Lukaku's (who struggled a lot in United). I would think twice before paying a lot of money for anyone from Serie A.

FinBarcelonafan

True. This guy has even more question marks than Dembele and Coutinho. At least Dembele was top young player in two clubs before and Coutinho top player in PL for a long time.. This is even bigger gamble!

We can't keep throwing 100+million to so so players. We need real quality for that sort of money. Gambles should be for young potential players with good resale value in case they don't work out.

wisconsincule

Ideal scenario would be moving Griezmann for him. Helps soften the blow if Lautaro fails.

Seems highly unlikely though. Can Inter afford his massive salary?

BarçaBarça

True. This guy has even more question marks than Dembele and Coutinho. At least Dembele was top young player in two clubs before and Coutinho top player in PL for a long time.. This is even bigger gamble!

We can't keep throwing 100+million to so so players. We need real quality for that sort of money. Gambles should be for young potential players with good resale value in case they don't work out.

I agree, but we don't have many options. Buying players like Isac, who some suggest is just more gambles for less money, but we need quality.
The only big club move right now is go for Mbappe, but he cost 3-400M € and we haven't saved up for that. That would be era-defining, buying Neymar for 150M will not be.

A lot of bad choices let to this, and there isn't an easy way out. Martinez is a fine buy, but no saviour.
Getting the best out of Griezmann should be priority, because then we would have our world class striker.

Home of Barca Fans